I put pictures in my picturetrail account...

daviine

I've only put in three so far. Hopefully, as time goes on there'll be some pictures worth posting in the future. They're not really spectacular or particularly inspiring but you guys can finally see what I've been complaining about all this time.

http://www.picturetrail.com/daviine

password: sandrashair

BRIESMOM

Hey Davine, tried to see your pics but two of them are password protected. Did see the one from 98 and your hair was georgous /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

daviine

Sorry about that. I realized that later on and edited to include the password.

Thanks....I'm hoping I can do it again!!!

BRIESMOM

Hey Daviine, I think the pics are great. Keep up the good job. By the way
(may be a stupid ?)what's a 365 day challenge? /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/confused.gif
What was the cause of your thin ends? and how did you correct the problem?
Sorry for all the ?s. Thanks

daviine

The 365 Day Challenge is just you challengin yourslef for a year to try to meet your goals. I guess my goal is to grow my hair back to where it was Thursday (or longer)WITHOUT the thin ends.

I went to Marvin yesterday and he said my ends/hair were definitely thinning (with emphasis on definitely. He asked me how many times the relaxer has been pulled through my hair because that seemed to be the reason.

Unfortunately, the only cure for my thin ends was to cut them off. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

LondonDiva

Hey Daviine

Your hair looks great. You will gain the length back with no problem. Was that your first visit to Marvin by the way?

daviine

Thanks Londondiva.

Yes that was my first visit. So when are you coming over to NY? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I went to Marvin yesterday and he said my ends/hair were definitely thinning (with emphasis on definitely. He asked me how many times the relaxer has been pulled through my hair because that seemed to be the reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I forgot to ask you Daviine, other than your ends, what did he think of the overall health of your hair? And were you pulling the relaxer through all of your hair often? Was that the reason for your hair thinning out?

sweetcocoa

Daviine, your hair looks great! The length will come later(that's what I'm telling myself). I found some old pics when I had more length also...so we know we can achieve it. Keep up the good work!

daviine

Well being that I can't see without my glasses, it's very hard to say what these people have been doing to my hair ALL these years. I am pretty sure that that is exactly what happened. I know of one instance for sure where the chic put the relaxer on All of my hair and I had to lie and say it was burning. And the other time, the stylist put relaxer on my ends. Other than that, I'm pretty sure there was a lot of that pulling business going on.

He also mentioned that my hairline was breaking in three areas (which I hadn't noticed but noticed one today now that he mentioned it /images/graemlins/shocked.gif). He said that he gave me a 7 out of 10 for overall health and said that he was being generous withthat score becasue I still had hair on my head and because there wasn't hair falling out in his hand.

I was very discouraged by this news which is why I didn't post that I went to him yesterday. When I feel better about the whole situation and not so lazy, I'll post more about the visit.

Thanks for asking!

pebbles

Well at least you know what to look out for now. Don't be discouraged. You still have more hair on your head, despite the fact that it's damaged in certain ways, than a lot of others. I would definately say there's hope! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Miss Montserrat

I replied yesterday but I think it must have been erased with the update. Anyway, WOW.. What a head of hair. What were you taking? Horse Tablets? The pictures are beautiful!

LondonDiva

Daviine hopefully I will be reaching those shores at the end of the year. Business is looking to get underway in the next few months so at the end of the year I'm planning a deserving well earned break.

Kitkat

Daviine, I think your hair looks great! You should be proud of yourself. Don't be discouraged by the hairdresser's observations. These things can be hard for us to hear, but as someone else mentioned at least you know what to be on the lookout for now, and it can only help you to reverse your hair problems. Your hair looks really healthy &amp; it's not obvious that you're experiencing breakage. It's obvious that you'll reach your goals with a very healthy head of hair.

I look forward to you posting more about your visit to Marvin, when you feel up to it.