I really need help!!!

Miss Pound

Hello Ladies,:hiya:

I hope you all are doing well. I'm writing b/c I'm having issues with my hair.:pullhair: I've been natural for over a year and I love it but it seems my hair doesn't love me.:nono: When I style it, it does not look the way I want. The styles are cute but I always end up wearing it in a curly fro, when I do two strands, b/c my hair tigtens up. Even when i try to stretch it by blowing it out or doing two strand flat twists, my hair still tightens up like a fist, LOL. I just don't understand it. It's been like this since I've been natural. I love my hair but it's really frustrating me.:wallbash: I just want to know if you have any suggestions? Thank you for your time.

Silkycoils

It sounds like you just have a tighter texture. Maybe you can make your twists smaller to show some actual definition. HTH

berryblack

Is it the humidity that is making you puff up? Perhaps you can use something with cones in it like Sabino Moisture Block, Keracare Silken Drops or something to block out the moisture? Also, it would help if you had a pic so people could see what you're working with!

Nonie

It sounds like you just have a tighter texture. Maybe you can make your twists smaller to show some actual definition. HTH

I agree with Silkynaps. My hair shrinks a lot too, but I do love shrinkage. I love it because I hate to feel product on my neck and face and it's when I wear my hair out that I use product so I love that my shoulder-length hair shrinks to a 2 inch afro.

What products do you use? I think if you use something like coconut oil and plaited your hair, assuming you don't have humidity where you are, you would get a good sized afro. Using a product that doesn't shrink hair like my favorite S Curl, gives me an afro this size instead of my usual tiny one.