"I really really love my hair!!"

sheba1

With all this henna talk and with me thinking of going back to hennaing every other month or so, I ended up on youtube looking at different application methods. I ran across a tutorial using Curly Nikki's recipe which is a great tut, on it's own. But the real gem came from the song playing during. It's Amazing!! I have no idea who is singing it nor do I know the name of it but it is just lovely. At one point she exclaims, "I really really love my hair!!"

YouTube - My First Henna Treatment Using the CurlyNikki.com Technique

[video=youtube;5JxfVoStVCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JxfVoStVCg[/video]

yes love it... I just used the same henna the other day but I used water and a little lemon juice

You're way too serious about hair.:look: I wouldn't sit around listening to a song about hair. It's okay though.:yep:

Wow, I don't think there is anything corny about finding self acceptance and then expressing that through art.

I agree, the tutorial is really good.

Wow, I don't think there is anything corny about finding self acceptance and then expressing that through art.

I agree, the tutorial is really good.

Art is subjective. Surely you didn't post the video expecting ALL to agree with you about the music.

its ok...i wouldnt download it or put it on my ipod, but i understand why its pertinent to a hair-related video...althought if i wasnt trying to hear why you were so amped over the song, i woulda normally hit mute after 5 seconds lol

its ok...i wouldnt download it or put it on my ipod, but i understand why its pertinent to a hair-related video...althought if i wasnt trying to hear why you were so amped over the song, i woulda normally hit mute after 5 seconds lol

Same here (off subject sort of....but a hair song i do like is india aries i am not my hair though) but anywho this lady is smart for covering the bathroom floor and stuff that is a good idea because i never remember to do this and there is always a big mess when im done with hair care and i love her results! Her hair looks so much healthier.

Art is subjective. Surely you didn't post the video expecting ALL to agree with you about the music.

No of course not but I wasn't expecting that. I think there are many women that share the opinons of the words in the song, starting with not seeing their beauty depicted in the media to coming to a place of acceptance and self love for their hair (or skin, or features, etc) It touches so many areas of beauty. Of course she is welcome to her opinion and then I'm also welcome to mine?

You're way too serious about hair.:look: I wouldn't sit around listening to a song about hair. It's okay though.:yep:

I don't think I'm any more serious about my hair than anyone else who would join a forum dedicated to hair. *shrug*

Last edited:
There are varying degrees of serious......but it's okay.

[/QUOTE]I don't think I'm any more serious about my hair than anyone else who would join a forum dedicated to hair. *shrug*[/QUOTE]

Kind of sounds like a diary entry put to music. It almost sounds like someone from a hair forum wrote the song. But her hair came out nice. I wonder if she knew about indigo so she wouldnt get the orange streak?

Back