I really want to grow my hair to the mid of my back!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonMaria

CJ22 said:
That is what I was thinking. I'm still impress with all of you ladies. I mean really. To actually see beautiful black women with long full healthy hair is remarkable. And crazy. Because I'm around a lot of females who wear weave and their real is very short and thin. So when I came on this site I was a bit skeptical. I told myself "there is no way real this has to be a joke..photoshop or weave hiding under their hair" But I was wrong. Because I was one of the naive ones who believed that black women could not grow long hair.

Most people are skeptical. We are here to encourage each other and I think that's why most members are successful. I was shoulder length for like 499 years LOL but joining a forum helped me keep going. I first transitioned, cut it all off, then grew out my hair. You can check out the Fotki link in my profile to see my picture progress from neck length to where I am now. Taking pictures is a great to journal your progress. As you experiment it's also a great way to see what worked and what didn't.

Fotki is free and I recommend you create one.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

CJ22

But you were mad when no one responded.
Now someone responded (in a perfectly reasonable tone) and you're still mad?

Girl. :dead:

you're making a response to this because...and again...i said sarcasm wasn't need it. i bet half you all are older than me and starting to act a bit childish too by keep on responding to this instead of leaving it alone lmao

CJ22

Most people are skeptical. We are here to encourage each other and I think that's why most members are successful. I was shoulder length for like 499 years LOL but joining a forum helped me keep going. I first transitioned, cut it all off, then grew out my hair. You can check out the Fotki link in my profile to see my picture progress from neck length to where I am now. Taking pictures is a great to journal your progress. As you experiment it's also a great way to see what worked and what didn't.

Fotki is free and I recommend you create one.

right now I'm shoulder length. Well I have been wearing a sew-in wig for almost a month. So it might be a bit longer. Now you think it's possible to grow from shoulder length to BSL in August 2012

BostonMaria

It's possible, but even if you "only" reached arm pit length that would still be great retention.

CJ22

It's possible, but even if you "only" reached arm pit length that would still be great retention.

I could at least reach for arm pit length. I just need to do the work. No heat for awhile....or relaxers.

brg240

that's enough time to reach your goals :yep: let's jut say you retain only 4" a year. That's 20" by 30 which from sl will bring you to at least mbl at the very least but probably o wsl and beyond.

If your hair is broken off, i'd trim it because that's just going to cause you problems later on. Ask me how I know :( Actually, my hair in the front is still breaking off, it's so different from the rest of my hair :(

I'm transitioning so it's not exactly the same but, I think my natural hair is around wl now(i've been transitioning since oct 08.) I believe it took me 2.5 years to reach mbl?

BostonMaria gave you a great list for products and great advice.

I'd like to add in addition sunflower oil is really awesome. It's a nice light oil and works for sealing.

Tamster

LOL how are you gonna ask for suggestions then cop an attitude? What a mess. read the forum, its not that hard.

GIJane

CJ22 Why don't you post your regimen so some of the ladies that are trying to help can give you more detailed information. When I joined the forum in October I was frantic because my hair was breaking at an alarming rate. I am currently still trying to perfect my technique and regimen but I learned I was doing too much and might of had protein overload.

I think telling the ladies what you are doing, how often you are doing it and what products you are using, will allow the ladies to help you more.

If I remember correctly, you wear sewn-on wigs. So explain how you are moisturizing, conditioning and washing your hair underneath. Also, cutting the damage is the best advice I can offer. Believe me you cannot reverse damage. It's like putting a bandage on a break. Eventually it will break off and perhaps cause more damage.

Good luck. You can get to your goals but trust me you are going to need a lot of patience with yourself and hair. Keep your head in the hair game.

niqu92

Listen! If you have a problem with me asking the same question AGAIN! Then tough! You did not have to reply to this thread. PERIOD.

Honestly....you didn't have to. It's a forum. Ask as many questions as I want...even if I had asked 10x. Don't like it! Don't respond!

uhhm ok mizz thang ima need you to calm down gettin mad at ppl when you keep asking the same questions :lol::lol::lol:

FlawedBeauty

CJ22 said:
I could at least reach for arm pit length. I just need to do the work. No heat for awhile....or relaxers.

CJ22 If you are going to take a break from relaxers I would be very careful. You have to learn how to properly take care of your relaxed hair and new growth. The line of demarcation (where relaxed hair ends and ng starts) is veeeery fragile. You can end up with a world of breakage if you stretch your relaxer and don't know how to care for it. Also, your hair may not be able to handle long stretches, I know mine can't.

BostonMaria

that's enough time to reach your goals :yep: let's jut say you retain only 4" a year. That's 20" by 30 which from sl will bring you to at least mbl at the very least but probably o wsl and beyond.

If your hair is broken off, i'd trim it because that's just going to cause you problems later on. Ask me how I know :( Actually, my hair in the front is still breaking off, it's so different from the rest of my hair :(

I'm transitioning so it's not exactly the same but, I think my natural hair is around wl now(i've been transitioning since oct 08.) I believe it took me 2.5 years to reach mbl?

BostonMaria gave you a great list for products and great advice.

I'd like to add in addition sunflower oil is really awesome. It's a nice light oil and works for sealing.

I haven't tried that oil yet. Where do you buy it?

Carrie A

If you don't like the fact that I asked the same question AGAIN! Then tough! You were not obligated to respond.

Here the thing CJ22 I actually responded to one of your previous threads, gave advice, and asked a follow up question for you to describe you routine in more detail. In fact you received a wealth of great general advice on basic hair care methods/ approach from for example YT gurus like empress ri, LHCF moderators, "hair science heads like Nonie (who wrote a long post with bibliography), and long time members ie tiffers...... the list goes on. You had multiple quality responses on taking care of your hair under a weave.

In reviewing the previous threads I didn't see a "Thanks" from you or much feedback from you to the responders. Therefore, it's difficult to determine how you synthesized the info and what conclusions you drew from it. What is your plan based on the info you've already received? Also multiple posters asked you to describe your routine, products in detail several times. Posters who do this can get more specific advice and problems that they were unaware of are often uncovered and corrected. I have yet to see this but correct me if I'm wrong.

Of course you are free to ask the same question or any question but it make one wonder what is the real answer that you are looking for. Are you looking for a quick fix? It also makes one wonder if our previous advice has be heard at all.... or is appreciated.

Despite my sarcasm, which I admit was out of frustration, I did want you to think about fine tuning your questions to get the best result/ responses in your future threads. But it's your show to run how you please........

SEMO

@CJ22

Sorry to have to answer your PM in this thread, but for some reason I can't send you PMs (and I didn't want to seem like I was ignoring you). But to answer the questions you asked:

I didn't wear any weave during my transition, just mostly wore my hair in buns (and maybe the occasional twist out). I have nothing against weaves (or wigs), it's just not anything I've ever really used. I found that consistency with using what worked for my hair was the biggest thing that helped me (and it was hard to resist becoming a product junkie).

If you have any other questions, just let me know! And thank you for the kind words. :yep:

RocStar

@CJ22

Sorry to have to answer your PM in this thread, but for some reason I can't send you PMs (and I didn't want to seem like I was ignoring you). But to answer the questions you asked:

hmmmmmmmmmm.....i wonder why
:scratchch:scratchch:

:jail::jail:

Status
Not open for further replies.