I sort of big chopped: texture shots, update, and LOTS of hair whipping! VIDEO INSIDE

Ms. Martina

Hey everyone! I am here with an October update. I did something really bold recently...a partial big chop. I cut off my relaxed ends in in the back of my aead, and in a few other areas(side and top). It started off as just a one snip kind of thing, and then I went a little crazy and cut the back off a few days later. I figured it would be nice to have some "test patches" to work with, and I can now see what my natural hair is like. Although, I don't know the hair type because there are so many in my head at the moment...lol. But anyway, in its curly state it looks like I cut a huge chunk out of the back, but as soon as I flat ironed my hair, the "afro patch" was immediately covered. You wouldn't know it was even there unless you asked me to lift my hair up...lol. The other "test patches" blend in as well when the hair is straight.

This is a video of my texture/chop and etc. There is also a hair whipping montage at the end of the video where I show what it looks like flat ironed a few weeks after the "test patches" were cut. The whipping montage was filmed yesterday(10/29). But anyway, overall I am happy with my hair so far. I was feeling the urge to just BC last week and get it over with, but I think I'm going to wait until the 1 year mark. Flat ironing my hair made me realize how much I would miss it if I decided to just cut it all off immediately. I think I would regret doing a BC so early in my transition. But to wrap things up, I'm happy, my hair is still in great health, and I look forward to one day being natural. I am in no way feeling the urge to relax anymore, and that is def a great thing!

Please check out my video update(its all pics and video footage of my hair)

[video=youtube;v9jrL1Jkowk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9jrL1Jkowk[/video]

Thanks,
Martina

Janet'

Re: I sort of big chopped: texture shots, update, and LOTS of hair whipping! VIDEO IN

Lol. Cute video! Your little curlies are too cute! I know how you feel about always having relatively long hair. You are brave to even do "test patches"! Best wishes on your continued HHJ!

Fine 4s

Re: I sort of big chopped: texture shots, update, and LOTS of hair whipping! VIDEO IN

Congratulations!
I had a client that decided to Big Chop on Thursday.
What a great experience!

Whimsy

lmao i'm a big fan of extra-ness so i LOVE the hairwhippage in the end!!

(after seeing your texture in the beginning i just fastforwarded to the whip bit lol)

I'd be scared to cut test patches in my hair! you're brave buddy.

Maybe you'll end up BCing early so you can see your curlies that much sooner..... :)

Nonie

Too cute! Pretty hair. Loved the whipping. :lol: You're very pretty.

dr.j

Very nice -- i liked the whipping part too! :spinning:

Imani

Love the whippage. I swear that song (Willow's Whip my hair) could be like the LHCF anthem, lol.

HollyGolightly1982

I had my final relaxer June 8th. I'm trying to hold out at least a year but I am getting tired of dealing with two textures. I will be keeping an eye on your fotki

Ms. Martina

Thanks y'all! I dang near hurt myself with all the whipping. I've found that flat ironing my hair has made my temptation to BC decrease. I think I can hold out a little longer...lol. We shall see! I'm still trying to figure out my hair type though. There seem to be so many of them. The hair that I cut in the top of my head(not shown in video) is wavy, and very loose(around the size of a big watercolor marker). Then there are some spots that are tighter coils and curly, but they are the size of a drinking straw...others are very defined with little to no shrinkage and they are the size of a coffee stirrer. Any help on what type I might be ladies???

Ms. Martina

HollyGolightly1982 We are one day apart on our transition journey! Do you have a fotki or YT, I would love to keep up with you as well since my 1 year ann. is June 7th.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict

Thanks y'all! I dang near hurt myself with all the whipping. I've found that flat ironing my hair has made my temptation to BC decrease. I think I can hold out a little longer...lol. We shall see! I'm still trying to figure out my hair type though. There seem to be so many of them. The hair that I cut in the top of my head(not shown in video) is wavy, and very loose(around the size of a big watercolor marker). Then there are some spots that are tighter coils and curly, but they are the size of a drinking straw...others are very defined with little to no shrinkage and they are the size of a coffee stirrer. Any help on what type I might be ladies???

Nice. You are brave! I don't think I could mini-bc like that.
@the red - They had a chiropractor on NPR the other day. He was asked to respond to the consequences of whipping hair back and forth a la Willow. He said while it is ok for someone young like Willow, adults need to proceed with caution lest they have serious injury. LOL My old self, would probably get whiplash and disjointed vertabrae.