I straightened my hair for the first time in 1.4 years

Sascha

Stay at home Mommy
I decieded that I wanted to do a trim on straight hair, usually I just do some small twists and clip a bit off the ends. I found my blow dryer with the comb attachment and went to town after a good deep conditioning treatment. The entire time I was kinda freaking out about the heat I was using and the comb attachment going through my hair. But I got through it. I found my flat iron. It is a jilbere. I put it on a setting of 10. I used to use it on 25 when my hair was relaxed. and quickly pulled it through each section. By this time I needed a vacation because I have WAY too much hair for all of this. It didnt even come close to bone straight but man, I am soooo proud of the progress I have made. I never knew my hair could be so heathy. I usually keep it in various twists, in a bun so I just dont relize the progress. When my husband saw me his eyes bugged out and he said "Look and my beautiful lioness, what a mane!" LOL This was the day before easter so I needed to style it some kinda way to go to our family's house. I ended up just putting it back in a ponytail because I was at a complete loss on how to style it. I have yet to trim it, I need to build up my strength first =)

This whole experience was one of those special moments. I finally look at my hair as long. I have never been able to do that that before. I have always hated my hair and wished for others heads of hair. I can't beleive I am natural and happy. I never thought that could be possible. I am so glad that whatever spirit drove me to put down the chemicals did it because I never dreamed I could have hair like this sprouting from my head. The difference in my hair from a year ago to now is just amazing to me. I'll quit rambling but I have pics in my album if anyone would like to see

Sascha

Your hair looks great, you always have the fullest and cutest ponytails. Your hair has grown a LOT in the last past year. Keep up the good work! :)

Congrats Sascha on your progress! Your hair is so thick and bEaUtIfUl!! I still can't get over that style under "christmas hair". :lol:

i ran across ur album the other nite...dont remember how tho..anyways i love the curly ponytail...i dont know what u were envious of others for....u got it lol

Sascha said:
I decieded that I wanted to do a trim on straight hair, usually I just do some small twists and clip a bit off the ends. I found my blow dryer with the comb attachment and went to town after a good deep conditioning treatment. The entire time I was kinda freaking out about the heat I was using and the comb attachment going through my hair. But I got through it. I found my flat iron. It is a jilbere. I put it on a setting of 10. I used to use it on 25 when my hair was relaxed. and quickly pulled it through each section. By this time I needed a vacation because I have WAY too much hair for all of this. It didnt even come close to bone straight but man, I am soooo proud of the progress I have made. I never knew my hair could be so heathy. I usually keep it in various twists, in a bun so I just dont relize the progress. When my husband saw me his eyes bugged out and he said "Look and my beautiful lioness, what a mane!" LOL This was the day before easter so I needed to style it some kinda way to go to our family's house. I ended up just putting it back in a ponytail because I was at a complete loss on how to style it. I have yet to trim it, I need to build up my strength first =)

This whole experience was one of those special moments. I finally look at my hair as long. I have never been able to do that that before. I have always hated my hair and wished for others heads of hair. I can't beleive I am natural and happy. I never thought that could be possible. I am so glad that whatever spirit drove me to put down the chemicals did it because I never dreamed I could have hair like this sprouting from my head. The difference in my hair from a year ago to now is just amazing to me. I'll quit rambling but I have pics in my album if anyone would like to see

Sascha
what i highlighted is the EXACT same problem i faced when i straightened mine a few weeks ago!!! i had NO idea what to do with it! :lol::lol::lol: thats so funny!!! its like, we avoid going natural for so long because we dont think we'll be able to manage it (well, most of the people i know anyway) and then we figure out that not only can we manage it, we can manage it better than straight hair! i never thought i would find myself sitting here with hair down my back thinking, "now what?!?!"

im so happy for your happiness!! :D

Wow, it's beautiful!! I wouldn't know how to even style hair that thick and long anymore either. Thank God for the ponytail...lol

Thanks everyone! I love this board everyone is so nice. I'm sure I wont be doing the straight thing for another year, its just too much work. I would have liked to see myself with straighter hair but I was scared to use the heat.

Shatani~~ HAHA! It's so true, after that much work I just sat there staring at myself wondering what I was thinking because I didnt know what in the world I was going to do with it. After having both relaxed and natural hair I must say that for me natural hair is soooo much easier. I wish I would have done this in jr. high

deedabug~~ awww thanks! But you know how it is, grass is always greener.

Okay, its too thick and too pretty so why don't share some of that hair with me?:look: Oh, only if that were possible. Btw, I would have done the same thing and put it in a pony and I would have thought I was too cute.

WOW! Your hair is very thick and pretty. Heck, it made MY arms hurt looking at it. :) Wonderful progress. I hope I have that much hair after 1.4 years. Happy growing!!

Back