I think I am going to relax.....okay, no I am not...okay, I don't know!

chicacanella

I am contemplating relaxing but I think I might just buy a wig and call it a day.

Plus, Affirm relaxers are too much money. I think I will just cornrow or plait my hair under a wig and be on with my day.

I haven't had a relaxer since June 7th and was suppose to wait until June 7th this year.

What do you guys think?

KinksnCurlz

I am contemplating relaxing but I think I might just buy a wig and call it a day.

Plus, Affirm relaxers are too much money. I think I will just cornrow or plait my hair under a wig and be on with my day.

I haven't had a relaxer since June 7th and was suppose to wait until June 7th this year.

What do you guys think?

Don't.Do.It!!!
Buy a wig and call it a day.

Mook's hair

Cornrow it and wait...just like you said.

You're flip flopping too much to make a real decision right now.

Just throw some cornrows in there and keep it rollin':grin:

AsTheCurlzTurns

Wow, you been stretching your relaxer all this time? I just bet you gots lotsa NG up in there. Are you trying to see how your NG is in the event you may want to go natural at some point? If so, then, June 7 is less than 4 mos away, and you've done good for 8 mos already. I'm not going to tell you stay strong and hold out, because I couldn't hold out during transitioning and I went on and cut it anyways LOL But if you can hold out a little longer to reach your goal, then kudos to you! :)

BillyJay

Wait Chica!

You can do it!!!

chicacanella

Wow, you been stretching your relaxer all this time? I just bet you gots lotsa NG up in there. Are you trying to see how your NG is in the event you may want to go natural at some point? If so, then, June 7 is less than 4 mos away, and you've done good for 8 mos already. I'm not going to tell you stay strong and hold out, because I couldn't hold out during transitioning and I went on and cut it anyways LOL But if you can hold out a little longer to reach your goal, then kudos to you! :)

Yeah, I do, about 5 inches. No, I'm not trying to transition, I've just been broke lately (my blessings will soon be coming down from heaven).

I think I can do it. I don't really have a choice though, do I?:lachen:

secretrose

dang how much is your relaxer??? I use hawaiin silky regular - big tub for 3 applications and it's only $4.99. I use 1 tub a year.

audacity.

Leave it alone. You will be happy that you did. And who knows, you may not even relax in July.

I finished my 12 mos stretch a couple of weeks ago and I felt so accomplished! Plus, I've still not relaxed...

Keep it going! You can do it, Chica!

Misseyl

Grl, rush out and buy that wig.. I don't know which part of the country you live but in NY it's cold so it doesn't make much sense in doing your hair in frigid weather. I myself haven't had a relaxer in 1 year and I have 3 months to go before I get one so we are in the same both..

janeemat

Wow! 8 months, no relaxer and not transitioning. How are wearing your hair, braids??? I would love for you to share some tips. I have 13wks ng and had intentions of relaxing on Sat, but my stylist will be out of town. Now I definitely will be waiting another week at least. Buy the wig and carry own.

tt8

Girl that wig is gonna cost you more than the relaxer. I think if you don't at least texlax you are gonna really need that wig for other reasons. Since you are not trying to go natural I would do it if I were you. You know when you have other concerns going on the last thing you want to do is to be detangling and worrying with your hair. Pamper yourself
ps...let us know how you made it all this time with little to no breakage

chicacanella

Wow! 8 months, no relaxer and not transitioning. How are wearing your hair, braids??? I would love for you to share some tips. I have 13wks ng and had intentions of relaxing on Sat, but my stylist will be out of town. Now I definitely will be waiting another week at least. Buy the wig and carry own.

I was just wearing a wig and bun with a headband. It really went by super fast, those months.

And when I washed my hair I would wash them in plaits with conditioner, and then kind of dry it far away from my head with a blowdryer. Then I would take them apart and pour S-Curl on the plates.