I think I did too much, help pahleeze

homegirljiggy

have you guys done too much to your hair and it started shedding and looking crazy? by this I mean trying too many products and not sticking with a clear regimine?the last few months I have tried sooo much stuff, and have not been sticking with a clear regimine at all, and now my hair is all up in the sink, broken off all... I had a staples a long time ago, but I find myself unsatified with the results... now I have all these products staring at me and I dont know what to do:perplexed maybe the shedding is due to the no heat challenge I'm on, but I dont know... here are the new things i brought and the results. I'm am going tot give pantene breakage defense a try and start back on a clear regimine... any suggestions

1. I stopped blowdrying and flatironing
  2. Mane and Tail original poo and com
  3. NTM silk Touch
  4. Nexxus Keraphix
  5. ORS LYE
  6. vo5 strwaberries and creme for conditioner washes

I think that you've already outlined the source of your problem. From looking at your album, it seems like you have had healthy hair in the past. So, go back to what works and either sell the new stuff, or, use them up one by one in addition the staples that you had. For ex. if you have a new conditioner, use it up (possibly in the conditioner washes that were working for you) while using your staple shampoo and staple mositurizer. The key is learning to be patient. Fortunately, you start off in a better place than most women, who never been there before and are trying to get there for the first time.

you made it sound so simple:p thank you, I'm going to do that, but now I have all this stuff to use up:cool: and I have to find the old stuff too:cool:

homegirljiggy said:
you made it sound so simple:p thank you, I'm going to do that, but now I have all this stuff to use up:cool: and I have to find the old stuff too:cool:
Also, you may want to do a good clarifying shampoo/rinse to help remove some of the build-up form the previos products

I agree that you should just simplify your regimen, do a good clarifying shampoo, and go back to what has always worked. I had the same experience after joining LHCF. My fine strands could not take airdrying, baggying, frequent CW's and daily moisturizers. My hair loves a simple weekly shampoo, conditioner, rollerset, and occasional moisturizer. Any more and my hair begins to decorate my bathroom floor. I rarely get breakage now. Sometimes less is definitely more.

cmw45 said:
I think that you've already outlined the source of your problem. From looking at your album, it seems like you have had healthy hair in the past. So, go back to what works and either sell the new stuff, or, use them up one by one in addition the staples that you had. For ex. if you have a new conditioner, use it up (possibly in the conditioner washes that were working for you) while using your staple shampoo and staple mositurizer. The key is learning to be patient. Fortunately, you start off in a better place than most women, who never been there before and are trying to get there for the first time.

Excellent advice! Unfortunately, we've probably all learned our lesson or will learn our lesson with this one....it will really help you get over the PJ phase.:ohwell: Even though I have stumbled upon a few great things to add to my regimen, I always run back to what got me growing in the beginning, which was actually a very basic regimen mixed with patience. Hang in there!;)

thanks ladies... I think I am in the first stage of recovery.. admitting I have a problem because my hair told me... female slow down:grin:... so here is what I'm going to do, I'm keeping nexxus therapee and humectress as they have always been my staples, I'm going to go and find that lustrasilk tea tree cholestral somewhere, EVOO, bb oil moistuizer and hot six oil, ORS replenishing conditioner, Silk elements heat protectant,SE mayo, IC heat protectant serum, Silk elements glossing polish, SE silken child moisture creme, suave strawberry for co-washes, go back to using heat every once in a while...

whats going away that is in my hair bin now is...
silk elements repair mask
keraphix
Mane and Tail all of them are getting the boot, or pushed to the back I didnt have this shedding until this product:(
NTM silk touch

Back