I think I made my goal!

Southernbella.

My goal was APL by October. I think I'm there or really close, even though I had to dislocate my shoulder to find out.:lachen:I'm only APL on the bottom layers, but still. I'm.:grin:

My next goal is BSL by May 2009. And not in this bra, which is too high.

Sidenote: This guy in Kroger came up to me last week and asked me if my hair was real (it was in a twistout). I said yes and tried to keep it moving, and he reached around and grabbed a handfull of my hair in the back and tugged it. I was so upset.:nono: I know it happens (it happened to me when I was relaxed, but it was a woman and we were talking about hair and she didn't pull it, she just felt my scalp).

I don't know, maybe it's because he was a man and way bigger than me and he invaded my space like he was entitled. I was upset for the rest of the day. I'm still mad.:sad: I washed it that night, and that's when I found out I was APL, so that made me feel better.

hairedity

OMG, that is a down right violation!!! ..I'd be just as upset, and disgusted... like you don't know where his hands have been. You were right to have washed it that same night. On the bright side CONGRATS on reaching your goal!!

(for transitioners)what's your best hair growing tip?

Congratulations on making your goal! Your hair is really pretty :yep: BUT, I would NOT walk up to you and touch your hair :nono: Damn, that ain't even right.

msdevo

Congrats on reaching your goal!!

I woulda slapped that guy no matter how big he was. Eww no telling where his hands had been.

JustKiya

Congrats! You've got some lovely hair!

And I would have kicked him dead in his shin. Pulling MY hair? Oh, hells nawh.

~~HoneyComb~~

Congratulations!!! Looks as though you made a little past APL. Sorry about the incident with the guy pulling your hair. Folks should be arrested for doing this type of thing, it's harrassment.

hopeful

:yay: Go Lauren, it's your birthday! You hair grows so fast!!!!

Sorry about that guy invading your space and grabbing your pretty hair, what a stupid jerk.

N

NaturalBeauty87

Congrats! Yo hair is the bomb!!

That man def has problems! He needs a good slapping accross his face!

amara11

My goal was APL by October. I think I'm there or really close, even though I had to dislocate my shoulder to find out.:lachen:I'm only APL on the bottom layers, but still. I'm.:grin:

My next goal is BSL by May 2009. And not in this bra, which is too high.

Sidenote: This guy in Kroger came up to me last week and asked me if my hair was real (it was in a twistout). I said yes and tried to keep it moving, and he reached around and grabbed a handfull of my hair in the back and tugged it. I was so upset.:nono: I know it happens (it happened to me when I was relaxed, but it was a woman and we were talking about hair and she didn't pull it, she just felt my scalp).

I don't know, maybe it's because he was a man and way bigger than me and he invaded my space like he was entitled. I was upset for the rest of the day. I'm still mad.:sad: I washed it that night, and that's when I found out I was APL, so that made me feel better.

Ummmm, I think I might have turned around and clocked him. The christian in me knows that's so not right, but my reflexes go straight for survival. That's unacceptable. Gosh, that would have creeped me out! He would've gotten a nice nasty earful from me. I would've kept my composure, and no one would've known I was telling him off but him- but yeah, he woulda gotten it something nice.

BTW- CONGRATS!

Southernbella.

OMG, that is a down right violation!!! ..I'd be just as upset, and disgusted... like you don't know where his hands have been. You were right to have washed it that same night. On the bright side CONGRATS on reaching your goal!!

(for transitioners)what's your best hair growing tip?

Hmmm...I'm not sure. If I had to name one thing, it would be not overusing shampoo. I don't use it very often at all, and I like to keep conditioner in my hair (even when it's straight).

Southernbella.

Congrats on reaching your goal!!

I woulda slapped that guy no matter how big he was. Eww no telling where his hands had been.

:lachen:I was in shock. I wish I had slapped him or went off on him, but I was just totally taken aback. Also, I was embarassed. Me and the kids had just walked in the door, and he was coming toward the exit, so we were right in front of the registers and it was crowded.

Southernbella.

OT: Do you ever straighten your hair, if so what do you use to protect it from heat damage?

Yep, I straighten it. I use that Fantasia Heat protecant serum that comes in a sample bottle attached to the gel. I also used Sunsilk Straighten Up conditioner (I apply it before I blowdry), which has cones in it.

BlackPearl1

:bouncy: congratulation I so happy you made your goal to APL. Sorry you have to run into someone who was crazy enough to pull your hair :nono: .

Southernbella.

Ummmm, I think I might have turned around and clocked him. The christian in me knows that's so not right, but my reflexes go straight for survival. That's unacceptable. Gosh, that would have creeped me out! He would've gotten a nice nasty earful from me. I would've kept my composure, and no one would've known I was telling him off but him- but yeah, he woulda gotten it something nice.

BTW- CONGRATS!

It was the weirdest thing, especially from a man. I called my dh and he was like "was he retarded or something? Why the hell would he do that?" He was pissed, but also confused.

Hopefully next time, and I hope there isn't one, I will be more prepared.:yep:

MoMo

Your hair is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on making your goal (your hair grows so fast)! Wishing much more success to you!

poookie

i could have sworn u just BCed!! and already APL? congrats!!! :lachen:

(man, if this isn't motivation to go natural, i don't know what is!!)

Soliel185

Congrats! I'm pretty hopeful that you're my hair twin. Did you update your fotki?!

*runs off to check*

BOOOOOOOO! I need more pics to admire. :grin:

gymfreak336

This is a dang shame....You have transitioned and made APL before I have gained 5 inches. :ohwell: *makes note to self to step my game up*

Congrats Lauren :yay: :happydance: