I took the plunge and got HIGHLIGHTS!!(PIC HEAVY)

xcuzememiss

look at my new highlights ya'll. I went to Dominican Essence in BK.. Im was about 5 wks post relaxer and took the plunge. Aftewards I got a Nano Keratin treatment.. and here are the results. I know i have to step up my DC game but its worth it... I used a rinse to add color instead of permanent.. that way I could switch it up without the hair trama! In the begining it was a orange copper like color.. now its more red with the new rinse i applied
please ignore the silly facial expressions

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 224
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 228
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 261
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 237
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 213

Eritreladiee

COngrats! i love the colour- i usu. do copper highlights when I get mine done. Your hair looks really healthy and in good condition. Enjoy!

xcuzememiss

Nice color! Was the hair pre-lightened in order to get the color to show so vibrant?
Yeah it was bleached.. the bleaching process she used was a slower process so that my entire head could develop evenly. then a rinse was applied on top of it.

girlyprincess23

Nice. How was the nanokeratin treatment? I am thinking about getting this done next weekend but I am not sure which one I want to go to. Dominican Essence or Sisters Unisex. I know Sisters uses Peter Coppola but I thought Dominican Essence used kerasmooth did they switch?

xcuzememiss

Nice. How was the nanokeratin treatment? I am thinking about getting this done next weekend but I am not sure which one I want to go to. Dominican Essence or Sisters Unisex. I know Sisters uses Peter Coppola but I thought Dominican Essence used kerasmooth did they switch?
i have to get back to you on the exact name of the treatment.... but.. I used to go to Sisters unisex.. (downtown Bk). I like the care and attention they give you at Dominican Essence. i'd reccomend them. the keratin treatment was good.. deff less breakage. I'd reccomend doing an intensive moisturizing deep condish before you go.. and i wouldnt rinse it out until you ge to the salon. The process of the treatment isnt harsh.. but the shampoo used before then to "open up the cuticle" is pretty harsh.. its like a clarifying or chelating treatment. after shampooed your hair is blow dryed with a special ionic dryer then the treatment is brushed throughout the hair. the keratin vapors are infused in the hair. Afterwards its flat ironed. which seals it it.
By no way is it a bkt.. its like a ultra deep protein treatment.

Caychica

I need to run from this thread.
I'm trying not to color my hair this year lol :(

But I love them!! Especially the 3rd picture!

BlackMasterPiece

VERY pretty:yep: I love it......you are a brave BRAVE soul...I hope you find a bomb DC to rebalance your strands and if you do.....let us know!:grin: