I USED A CURLING IRON 3 DAYS IN A ROW!!

Wolftrap

I have not curled my hair with a curling iron for over a year and even then I was never a big curling iron user. I have never in my life used a flat iron either. But for some reason this week I decided to use the curling iron because I got my hair done and slept without a scarf or wrapping my hair and it was bone straight when I woke up.

I feel so bad like my hair was dying or something. Is this going to do anything to my hair or my ends? I don't plan on using it again but are curling irons just damaging over repeated use or have I harmed my ends or my hair in any way?

spank.gif
spank.gif
spank.gif

I know its bad especially after not using it for so long. but have I done anything to my hair in a harmful way?

no, not all hope is lost...don't fret. just treat your hair to a deep conditioning tx and moisturize it. if you used a heat protectant before using the curling iron...it should'nt be that bad
smile.gif

For a girl who complains her hair won't grow or reach her length goal... <This will hurt me more than it will hurt you!
lachen70.gif
>
spank.gif
spank.gif
spank.gif

Leave that heat alone. Give yourself a deep treatment... moisturizing in nature... and stay away from the heat!!! The damage doesn't come in that you haven't used it in so long, it's the frequency... 3 DAYS IN A ROW!!!???!

Don't feel too badly. I slipped last week and immediately repented by doing a deep conditioning and babying my hair. It will bounce back if you don't keep using heat. It feels awful, doesn't it, when you have given up heat and then slip and use it, huh? I also felt like my hair was dying, like I could hear all of the individual hairs screaming as I flatironed them (noooooooo don't fry us!
lachen70.gif
). You will be ok. You haven't used heat in a year. I doubt any damage could be that serious. It is the repeated use over time that is the biggest problem IMO.

[ QUOTE ]
ubavka123 said:
I also felt like my hair was dying, like I could hear all of the individual hairs screaming as I flatironed them (noooooooo don't fry us!
lachen70.gif
). You will be ok. You haven't used heat in a year. I doubt any damage could be that serious. It is the repeated use over time that is the biggest problem IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I felt like I harmed my strands and they were crying.

I haven't used heat in over a year so that does make me feel better in you saying that you think it is repeated use of heat that damages the hair and not just using it 3 days in a row after not using it for so long. So maybe there is hope. I just felt so bad.
frown.gif
I guess I am now officially obsessed with my hair like my friends have been trying to tell me.

[ QUOTE ]
AJamericanDiva said:
For a girl who complains her hair won't grow or reach her length goal... <This will hurt me more than it will hurt you!
lachen70.gif
>
spank.gif
spank.gif
spank.gif

Leave that heat alone. Give yourself a deep treatment... moisturizing in nature... and stay away from the heat!!! The damage doesn't come in that you haven't used it in so long, it's the frequency... 3 DAYS IN A ROW!!!???!

[/ QUOTE ]

I deserved that I know. But the good news is that my hair is now touching my collar bone (when wet) and the back is just touching my shoulder blade (again only when wet)

3 days in a row???
4_11_4.gif
lol, i'm just kidding....but you gotta be careful girl!!! Now you gotta do some serious babying your hair for the next week...
wink.gif

I just don't see what is wrong with using a curling iron if you know how to use it properly and just enough heat. I have been using a curling iron for years and almost daily. My hair still grew and grew and was very healthy. What works for someone may not always work for you. Now blowdrying that is another story. I have not touched a hand held blowdryer in years.

I agree Michelle...

Some people's hair responds really badly to curling irons, but I used to use mine about 3 times a week and I had no problems. I don't think I EVER gave up my curling iron until recently, and that was only because my hair isn't consistently straight for more than a day or two. And I haven't been going anywhere so....

We fall down, but we get up.

We're all struggling and recovering. Just get back up.
I haven't used heat (except one salon press) in three weeks. This is a first for me, so I'm strivig too. I've got a long way to go to get the the year that you achieved. This is a major improvement over my almost daily touch ups with the pressing comb and the curling iron that I was doing in June and before that.

Just get back up.

Back