I WANT A WEAVE...help me!

lovelymissyoli

Ladies I want a weave for the summer!! :p Can you let me know what hair is best to get and looks natural. I know that I’ll need human hair, however, I want hair that actually waves/curls up when wet…or if it doesn’t, I want to know the best quality hair I can get. This summer I want to try a new style and give my hair a rest. Also, what kind of upkeep is required when you wear a weave? Can I still wash my hair once a week, or should I stretch it further? All you weave experts please give me some tips! :D

-lovelymissyoli

indian remi hair! you can wash it as often as you like and just use tehs same products on it as you do on your hair!

lovelymissyoli, i'm wonderign the same thing as you. i want to get it done at the end of june cuz i'm going to texas for a wedding?? weaveitup, can you buy indian remy hair in a store or can you order it online?? where do you usually get the hair? i;d appreciate more info cuz i knwo you are the queen of weaves. i love your albums girlie.

thanks, i get my hair from indianhairs.com. i know there are some ladies selling their xtra hair on the exchange board for pretty cheap though

I posted this same thing a few weeks ago, and weave it up told me right... indian hair. I didn't get indian remi 'cause I couldn't find it and I didn't really know what it was. After asking around I decided to purchase indian hair from Giovanni and Sons, very pricey but far better quality than His and Hers. There's a location in Culver City and one in Ventura but you can call and order it and they'll ship it to you. It's about $30 an ounce. The hair is absolutely beautiful! It's naturally curly, can be blow dried or flat ironed straight and is curly/wavy when wet. I have no tangling or shedding what so ever.

Also, Boheyme hair looks really great. Heads up neihbor, Boheyme hair is sold at the MVP Beauty Supply on Alessandro :) I love this store by the way, they carry lots of great stuff including Surge and Keracare! Anyway, there's a chick that works in the store named Yasmeen. She is currently wearing the hair so you can see how it looks, she also did my first weave for me last week ! :) I'm not sure though if this hair get curly. Let me know your results.

Yep, indianhairs.com is really affordable. Nature Girl offers pretty indian hair as well. It's more expensive, though.

nubian_rose said:
I posted this same thing a few weeks ago, and weave it up told me right... indian hair. I didn't get indian remi 'cause I couldn't find it and I didn't really know what it was. After asking around I decided to purchase indian hair from Giovanni and Sons, very pricey but far better quality than His and Hers. There's a location in Culver City and one in Ventura but you can call and order it and they'll ship it to you. It's about $30 an ounce. The hair is absolutely beautiful! It's naturally curly, can be blow dried or flat ironed straight and is curly/wavy when wet. I have no tangling or shedding what so ever.

Also, Boheyme hair looks really great. Heads up neihbor, Boheyme hair is sold at the MVP Beauty Supply on Alessandro :) I love this store by the way, they carry lots of great stuff including Surge and Keracare! Anyway, there's a chick that works in the store named Yasmeen. She is currently wearing the hair so you can see how it looks, she also did my first weave for me last week ! :) I'm not sure though if this hair get curly. Let me know your results.

YES neighbor ;) ...MVP is like a 15 minute drive from my house...I live closer to Reche Canyon. Anyways, this Boheyme hair...can you curl this with a curling iron or does it curl up on its own?

I'm debating about getting a weave now. :confused: I figured that I'll wind up spending close to $200 + hair to get one, and that's just not worth it. :eek: I want a weave slightly longer than my hair, but more fuller. But considering the price, I'd rather stick to my own hair even though I didn't want to stress my hair out. Also, I don't know if I'm too comfortable anymore wearing one... :ohwell:

- - - confused one...

Bliss Enterprises has the best curly hair I have ever purchased. I have pics in my fotki. I know next to nothing about geography in cali but they are located somewhere in the LA area. From what I heard some people have had issues w/the quality which I think is why they stopped selling hair on the net. Supposedly so they could concentrate on their local customers. So now u have to go to them in person. :mad: I dont know their local address but they have a website www.blissenterprisesonline.com. You could call and find out.

If you are looking for straight hair then I would take weaveitups advice and goto indianhairs.com.

okay ya'll, i just got my first wavy / curly weave. it's human hair, beverly johnson's spanish wavy. how do i keep it from looking frizzy? what kind of products and styling methods do y'all reccomend?

I will say that I havent had good luck w/B Johnson brand :mad: But generally speaking I use CON shampoo and either J Frieda #2 (blue bottle) OR Pantene deep moisturzing(white tube green writing) for conditioner. This seems to be a combo that works best espeically on curly hair...

Hey Miss Oli :wave:

I'm so excited to know that I'm not the only hair fanatic in the I.E. :smile: If your near reche canyon than I'm about 20 min away from you, I'm actually in Perris. Okay, the Bohyme hair is naturally straight human hair - it can be washed everyday (I believe it remains striaght but I'm not sure) and it can be curled using a curling iron or flat iron as often as you like. It's pricey also, like $97 a pack.

Another brand that's popular in our area and looks fabulous is Black Diamond. I believe it's significantly cheaper than Boheyme and looks and acts about the same. Personally, this is my first weave and I haven't tried either of these brands so I can't give you more detail :sad:

The girl I mentioned, Yasmeen, is really great when it comes to offerring hair weave advice. Just a heads up, if she offers to do your hair for you It will look great but she braids SUPER tight!!!! OUCH!!!! I originally decided to get the weave as a protective style but I'm scared of the damage that the tightness of these braids may cause. Over the past two weeks my scalp has done all kinds of freakish things. Yikes! Anyhow, from my research a full head weave should cost about $150 in our area. If you find someone that does a great job please let me know :smile: Thanks. HTH.

I think if you want a straight look indianhair.com is a really good option. If you want really nice curls you should go with NatureGirl.net - and you don't have to worry about any funny stuff with them. They're a really cool company of women who are very service oriented.

Back