I want a weave!

asubeauty

I've never had a weave before, but I really want one now for some reason. My mother is the weave queen (she gets them all the time, and gets about 50 million compliments), and about 3 of my friends just got their first weaves and are loving them!

I really want to give my hair a break from the relaxers (and I'm kind of contemplating going natural :look: The weave will give me time to think about it.) Or maybe I'm just bored and want a new look. :lol: I just don't know anyone in my area who will do one. :sad:

I just had to get that off my chest... :lachen:

Ladies who wear weaves, what would you suggest? What would you look for in a stylist who does them? Are they worth the $$$?

Look for a stylist would has fair prices. Some charge $30+ for each track. What kind of weave do you want straight or curly?

Last edited:
:lachen::lachen::lachen:I want one too! My goal is full BSL so I want to see how I would look with that length hair before I actually get it :look:

Look up Ediese.

Her hair has thrived with them and she has it documented in her fotki. Also, if you can find her thread, she has one about weaves the do's and don'ts. It was very interesting and her hair has grown A LOT.

I think you should try it. But no to glue in tracks, unless you want an extra flair....I seldomly wear glue in tracks, when I do, I removed them after 3 days by drenching my hair with glue bond remover. I think you should get sew-in tracks, but the hair you leave out to cover the tracks can get damaged if you don't take care of it. You can try wigs or half wigs.

Personally I do not care for weaves, I've tried it all, sew-ins, tracks, braids, and wigs, but I get hair sick easily. I crave to comb my hair and wash it, so wearing weaves for me creates anxiety. But you should go for it.!

I also want a weave in 2009. I'm apl now and I want a short, neck length bob.
Like this:

Fullwv096.JPG

I have a bunch of questions too- so I'll be stalk-hawking this thread!

I hope Ediese chimes in- she has some great advice/recommendations on growing your hair out with them :yep:

Me three. I've been wanting a weave for the last few years. Money's stopped me from doing it.

Have you decided on a style?

Hair weaves are definately worth the money!!!

As long as the stylist is professional and knows what he or she is doing, that weave can have your hair growing in no time.

GO FOR IT!!!!

I want a weave for '09 too. I have been gathering up as much info as I can. I am also looking for a EXCELLENT stylist in S. Florida that can install it for me. If any1 knows one in the area please send a PM my way:yep:

That's my issue- I need a style. I have a style in mind but the last time I got a weave, this summer they EFFED it up.. for real. i'm kinda scared.

It was lumpy and bumpy. The weave was raised, sort of. you know when you have a lot of new growth or growing out your hair? plus the hair they chose was BROWN and my hair was rinse dbalck.. it was awful. This time i'm just gonna go where my sister goes.

I want a weave too!!! I'm going to get one sometime in 09, probably like March or April when I go visit my sister in Paris

I good weave is a miracle worker and a bad weave is a nightmare. Unfortunately there are more people out there doing bad weaves than good weaves. Ask your friends about the health of their REAL Hair. Who cares how the weave looks if your real hair is suffering, breaking off and unhealthy. Find out how much growth your friends have, find out if their real hair is thinning, find out if their edges are in tact. If the stylist braids tight, reccomends a relaxer right before you weave, doesn't condition your hair before putting in the weave..beware..

I good weave is a miracle worker and a bad weave is a nightmare. Unfortunately there are more people out there doing bad weaves than good weaves. Ask your friends about the health of their REAL Hair. Who cares how the weave looks if your real hair is suffering, breaking off and unhealthy. Find out how much growth your friends have, find out if their real hair is thinning, find out if their edges are in tact. If the stylist braids tight, reccomends a relaxer right before you weave, doesn't condition your hair before putting in the weave..beware..

See thats the thing, the girl that recommended me to the place i got the BOTCH job, I thought it was reputable. I should have done my research however. It was this chain of salons that came highly recommended and my friend told me of this one lady that does her hair. I haven't seen my friend's hair sinnnnceeeee... high school? :lachen: I can't even TELL you what ehr hair looks like right now.

My sister's friend gets weaves but she literally has no intention of stopping. she has NO EDGES, she's natural and cuts her har so that the weave can stay flatter.. its onsense really.. I have no good weave rolemodles!!

I just received my first weave on Friday. So far so good, but it's really too early for me to give a true opinion. I love the ease, i was dead tired of buns and half wigs. I found my stylist on BHM, she's hair board approved :grin:. I'm four months post trying to stretch to 6 months.

I say go for it! Yes, it's worth the money. (Hopefully you won't have to pay over $200 in your area!) Go to BHM and check out the weave section there. There's tons of suggestions. If you're going to rock the weave for a while, I would say to stay away from the BSS hair and get some good quality hair like Halley's Curl, Wagman or Extensions Plus. I experienced a great amount of growth by wearing weaves this year.

I've never had a weave before, but I really want one now for some reason. My mother is the weave queen (she gets them all the time, and gets about 50 million compliments), and about 3 of my friends just got their first weaves and are loving them!

I really want to give my hair a break from the relaxers (and I'm kind of contemplating going natural :look: The weave will give me time to think about it.) Or maybe I'm just bored and want a new look. :lol: I just don't know anyone in my area who will do one. :sad:

I just had to get that off my chest... :lachen:

Ladies who wear weaves, what would you suggest? What would you look for in a stylist who does them? Are they worth the $$$?

Your hair is pretty....YOU dont need a weave:yawn:

I think you should try it. But no to glue in tracks, unless you want an extra flair....I seldomly wear glue in tracks, when I do, I removed them after 3 days by drenching my hair with glue bond remover. I think you should get sew-in tracks, but the hair you leave out to cover the tracks can get damaged if you don't take care of it. You can try wigs or half wigs.

Personally I do not care for weaves, I've tried it all, sew-ins, tracks, braids, and wigs, but I get hair sick easily. I crave to comb my hair and wash it, so wearing weaves for me creates anxiety. But you should go for it.!

THIS IS SOOO TRU 4 ME 2 ..I LIKE WEAVES BUT I GO NUTS WHEN I CANT SCRATCH ME SCALP!!! I WANT A WEAVE NOW BUT I DIDNT LEAVE MY LAST ONE IN FOR A FULL 2 WEEKS AND IT COST OVER $200 BUCKS!!:perplexed

What happened? Your pimp snatched out your real hair? :lachen:

Good luck with the weaves! Can you post a picture of your mom's?

I always like to see a good weave... not often do I see them...

I also want a weave in 2009. I'm apl now and I want a short, neck length bob.
Like this:

Fullwv096.JPG

I have a bunch of questions too- so I'll be stalk-hawking this thread!

I hope Ediese chimes in- she has some great advice/recommendations on growing your hair out with them :yep:

You stole my idea!! :lachen: I'm about an inch and a half from BSL and I want a shoulder/ neck length weave. Just something different.

I just received my first weave on Friday. So far so good, but it's really too early for me to give a true opinion. I love the ease, i was dead tired of buns and half wigs. I found my stylist on BHM, she's hair board approved :grin:. I'm four months post trying to stretch to 6 months.

Going to check out BHM... :yep:

Your hair is pretty....YOU dont need a weave:yawn:

Aww, thanks! I just want to give my hair a break from relaxers and constant manipulation and do something new. I'm bored.... :lol:

What happened? Your pimp snatched out your real hair? :lachen:

Good luck with the weaves! Can you post a picture of your mom's?

I always like to see a good weave... not often do I see them...

:lachen: :rofl: I might be able to get a pic of my mom's when I go home for Christmas. If I tell her that I'm putting them on LHCF, she might not let me (or even worse, she might join and be all in my business), so I might have to sneak her like the paparazzi. :lol:

Yeah, I want one too! I do my own, so I don't have to worry about the expense. I'm a diehard DIYer.

Today I cornrowed my hair and sewed the braids down, after a DC of course. I'll do the rest of the install tomorrow. Since I never leave my weaves in for long (seriously, 2 weeks is the average) I just get the BSS hair. I can't see spending Wagman's money on something that I'll wear for a few weeks at best.

I'm weaving it up in order to keep from relaxing my hair! I can't put the creamy crack on if I can't reach my scalp under the net! :blush:

Yeah, I want one too! I do my own, so I don't have to worry about the expense. I'm a diehard DIYer.

Today I cornrowed my hair and sewed the braids down, after a DC of course. I'll do the rest of the install tomorrow. Since I never leave my weaves in for long (seriously, 2 weeks is the average) I just get the BSS hair. I can't see spending Wagman's money on something that I'll wear for a few weeks at best.

I'm weaving it up in order to keep from relaxing my hair! I can't put the creamy crack on if I can't reach my scalp under the net! :blush:

Um... so can you hook a sista up? :look: :lol:

If your friends hair is jacked, don't go to their stylist. Don't trust stylist, I am sorry to have to say. They will tell you everything you want to hear. Until you find someone who can vouch for their stylist with positive growth experiances, I would just work with my own hair. Your hair is really nice and it is not worth potentially messing it up. If it was jacked already, I would say go for it because it would be worth the risk maybe but not if you already have nice hair.

If your friends hair is jacked, don't go to their stylist. Don't trust stylist, I am sorry to have to say. They will tell you everything you want to hear. Until you find someone who can vouch for their stylist with positive growth experiances, I would just work with my own hair. Your hair is really nice and it is not worth potentially messing it up. If it was jacked already, I would say go for it because it would be worth the risk maybe but not if you already have nice hair.

:lachen: :lachen:

See, that's the thing... nobody here has really nice hair. :look: The one person I know who does have decent hair gets her hair done in Columbus and maintains it herself (deep conditioning, styling, etc.) I'm about 2 hours from Columbus. :ohwell:

The only ppl I know with nice hair are pretty far away. (I'm 14 hours from home, 5 hours from my friend who just got a nice weave). I don't want to go really far to get it because I want the same person who does it to help me maintain it and take it out (and my stylist at home says she won't mess with anyone elses weave because she doesn't know what they did and she doesn't want to mess anything up).

I heard a commercial on the radio for "So-and-so's braiding and weaving" but nobody knows about So-and-so... :perplexed

Go to a stylist that doesn't charge an arm and a leg! Depending on where you are, a full weave shouldn't cost more than $200 (not including the hair). Also, find hair that matches your hair texture... there's nothing worse than seeing leave out hair that is a totally different texture than the weave hair. Make sure the person who braids your hair moisturizes your braids and your scalp. I also suggest using a net.

Make sure the braids are not tight, if they are, have the stylist redo them. There's nothing worse than having a full head of PAIN! You could lose hair that way.

When washing your hair, I suggest buying one of those dye bottles (plastic bottles with the pointed tip), and add 3/4 water and 1/4 shampoo. Do the same with the conditioner. This is so you can clean and condition your scalp and your hair. Be sure to rinse the s/c out of your hair thoroughly (takes a few minutes). If you don't, you will be itching like crazy (speaking from experience LOL).

As far as washing the weave, wash down and do not pile the hair atop your head.

Can't think of anything else.

Back