I WANT TO COLOUR MY HAIR

Nanyanika

Using a semi-permanent rinse, which do you recommend?. Will my hair become damaged? i'm partly natural with texturized ends can i still peform this rinse. what is your experience with rinses.I'm searching for a burgundy colour. thanks in advance

A rinse ususally does not damage the hair, it simply deposits color onto the hair shaft. I've used Colourshines and Jazzing and have not had any damage ever. They actually make my hair feel much softer and healthier.

BerrySweet said:
A rinse ususally does not damage the hair, it simply deposits color onto the hair shaft. I've used Colourshines and Jazzing and have not had any damage ever. They actually make my hair feel much softer and healthier.
Did you like the results then? which one do you prefer colourshiners or jazzing? where can i purchase these online? thanks for responding.

In the past I have used Jazzing's Burgundy rince and it didn't damage my hair at all. Matter of fact it made my hair soft and it smelled good too! You should have no problems with it b/c its just temp. color. It washes out with like, 15-20 washes I think. Do you have a Sallys in London? They carry it. If not, I am sure you can order some online. HTH!

ETA: I found you some. You may want to check around some though to see if theres any cheaper. http://www.ebonyline.com/jazsemperhai.html

Last edited:
naturallady said:
In the past I have used Jazzing's Burgundy rince and it didn't damage my hair at all. Matter of fact it made my hair soft and it smelled good too! You should have no problems with it b/c its just temp. color. It washes out with like, 15-20 washes I think. Do you have a Sallys in London? They carry it. If not, I am sure you can order some online. HTH!

ETA: I found you some. You may want to check around some though to see if theres any cheaper. http://www.ebonyline.com/jazsemperhai.html
Thanks for the website link, they don't have a Sallys here London. How should it be applied to the hair, wet/dry? and how long did you leave it on for? thanks

Den, i'd highly recommend Colourshines. (well i can't compare, because it's the only one i've used). but i love it, it actually makes my hair feel smoother, look shinier, and i notice less breakage when i've used it. I use the cinnamon which is a warm red that is noticeable in light. they have lots of burgandy options as well. I wish i had the link, but i'm at work. but there are alot of online shops that carry sebastian colourshines. Here is a website you can order off of and also i always go to it to compare the various colors available. One day i'll have the guts to try a burgandy as opposed to using the warm cinnamon...

http://www.belairbeauty.com/brands/Sebastian/

den1 said:
How should it be applied to the hair, wet/dry? and how long did you leave it on for? thanks

Oh man, its been a few years since I used a rince but I think you put it on wet hair and you sit under a hooded dryer for about 10-15 min. I could be wrong but if I am I'm sure the other ladies will correct me. I do know that its very easy to apply but you better get you some gloves and don't get it on your ears and forehead cuz you'll be burgundy for a day! :lol:

oh yea i forgot ot give instructions. You wash your hair and let it airdry to maybe 80%, then you apply the color to the hair. use a showercap and sit under the dryer for 20mins. wash out. shampoo. apply deep cond. (leave in for 15mins or whatever floats your boat). rinse out. dry. style. and get ready for the compliments!!!!

I've never used colorshines but have been tempted to give it a try. I've seen a few places that offer it but they're in the US, so if you bought it over the internet think it would also depend on how much you want to pay for shipping.

You may also want to check ebay though I don't know if they would have it or not (its worth a shot, ebay usually has everything)

I use Wella Color Charms with no heat. This one you need the activator lotion with, but they're pretty easy to mix luckily it dosen't smell bad. It also don't deposit color on my scalp or my pillowcase. I use a combo of clear/claret which gives my medium brown hair a purple hue in sunlight/bright light, and makes it look dark brown in regular light.

They really dont seem to last all that long but I like how my hair feels and acts after.

I have jazz in clear that I never used and will probably box it up and send to my mother (I tried talking her into taking this MTG off my hands and she wasn't having it:lol:)

-A

Mizani_Mrs said:
oh yea i forgot ot give instructions. You wash your hair and let it airdry to maybe 80%, then you apply the color to the hair. use a showercap and sit under the dryer for 20mins. wash out. shampoo. apply deep cond. (leave in for 15mins or whatever floats your boat). rinse out. dry. style. and get ready for the compliments!!!!
Thanks for your help mizani Mrs and naturallady

Arcadian said:
I've never used colorshines but have been tempted to give it a try. I've seen a few places that offer it but they're in the US, so if you bought it over the internet think it would also depend on how much you want to pay for shipping.

You may also want to check ebay though I don't know if they would have it or not (its worth a shot, ebay usually has everything)

I use Wella Color Charms with no heat. This one you need the activator lotion with, but they're pretty easy to mix luckily it dosen't smell bad. It also don't deposit color on my scalp or my pillowcase. I use a combo of clear/claret which gives my medium brown hair a purple hue in sunlight/bright light, and makes it look dark brown in regular light.

They really dont seem to last all that long but I like how my hair feels and acts after.

I have jazz in clear that I never used and will probably box it up and send to my mother (I tried talking her into taking this MTG off my hands and she wasn't having it:lol:)

-A
Thanks for info, they defintely do not carry colourshines here in London and i cannot afford to ship from US, Jazzing is currently in my reach so i'll probably go with that. i'm going to check out the Wella one you suggested first before deciding which one i wish to try.

I purchased my colourshines on Ebay (new) via adiscountbeauty.com It came in about 3 days. the process I use is, wash, dry about 80%, sit under the dryer for 45 mins, cool donw for about 20, rinse in COLD water, and then condition. I love LOVE my color, it's a dark brown/black-Coffee Bean it was. I've also heard good things about Jazzings colors. Good luck!

Back