I Wish I Could Get My Money Back For....

Lilmama1011

Do any of you keep receipts, I think we need to keep them and return them ASAP, I barely go to the boss except for Sally's and I got to drugstores so I can get my money back but don't boss only have exchanges, that why I never took them back but I have learned my lesson, keep the receipt and take back with the quickness!

Evo-ny

-Henna from Lush. My hair matted terribly and it took 3 hours of detangling with a litre of condish to get it out.
-Aphogee products
-Mixed silk leave in conditioner by Silk Elements
-Long term relationship leave in by herbal essences
-Infusium

All these products left my hair crusty, brittle, matted, and an all around HARD HOT MESS. :nono:

Last edited:

DarkChyld

Lilmama1011 said:
You grew a mustache or something?

No. It made me breakout out and I had excessive facial hair as in more than a hair here or there. I was going to the shop every week to get it threaded away.

DarkChyld

Lilmama1011 said:
Do any of you keep receipts, I think we need to keep them and return them ASAP, I barely go to the boss except for Sally's and I got to drugstores so I can get my money back but don't boss only have exchanges, that why I never took them back but I have learned my lesson, keep the receipt and take back with the quickness!

I'm doing that tomorrow. Returning things. I jumped on the Shea moisture bandwagon with the BOGO last week at CVS which has a great return policy. And I checked out As I Am from Sally's and that too is going back. I'm sticking with what I know for now.

Curlykale

Anything Avalon Organics and Jason
Herbal Essences conditioners
Shea butter
Jojoba oil

I used them as body washes, shaving creams or body moisturizers.

Onhergrind09

I've learned to keep receipts and there is no shame in my return game but before that my biggest regrets include:
CHI Ionic flat iron
All hair tools before my HS combs and brushes (Denman, Tangle Teaser, Wide tooth combs, ect.)
All blow dryers before my Sedu
My standup hair dryer (I'm loving my soft bonnet dryer)
My tabletop hair dryer
All my cheapie conditioners
All the random shampoos I have, it's going to take me years to use them up since I dilute my shampoos
The list goes on but I'll try to not go to that dark place, smh

MsDes

Claudie's products and every shampoo I ever used, they all dry my hair out something serious. Even the all natural ones.

Monaleezza

1. Tresseme Shampoo - The bottle is so big I don't think I'll ever get through it. Plus I bought KeraCare Moisturising Shampoo which is way better.

2. Remi Goddess Weave... I paid a fortune for it. First time it worked, long lasting, no shedding, but every time thereafter it shed like a *expletive* lol And I couldn't ever return it because once I'd paid for the install I didn't want to waste the money by pulling out the hair! *more expletives*:lol:

g.lo

tangle teezer
Mason pearson brush (detangler)
all the brushes
shea moisture smoothie
shea butter

Trini_Chutney

Peeing in my shower
Komaza Califia leave in spray

Giovanni LA Gel (the smell is horrid)

Bottle of sulfur powder (I am mildly allergic)

Jar of Hairveda Strinillah Conditioner (went bad)

30something

Anything Giovanni (including Smooth as silky conditioner, Direct leave in, Triple Tea Treat conditioner, Giovanni 2 Chic Flat Iron Styling Mist) All crap, tell me why I kept on trying

My solia flat iron

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In
Deman Brush :fistshake:
Ouidad Double Detangler
Tangle Teezer...both of them
Jane Carter Solution Curl Defining Cream - total waste of money

Reactions: iVR

LongTimeComing

All the Vo5 conditioners I bought. A lot of the suave was useless as well.
Tabletop dryer
Those bendy rollers. I don't even remember the name that's how awful they were.
Almost every moisuturizing cream I've ever bought
Aloe vera juice
Aloe vera gel

Last edited:

Lynnerie

Shea Moisture
Silk elements olive oil relaxer- I wish I could get my hair back from it. It made me shed so much.
Noodlehead products

SweetTea

Sheamoisture (I see it gave a lot of people problems!) deep treatment mask. It sat on top of my hair and did nothing. I guess when you put too many good products in one jar, they cancel each other out or something. I was so mad I lost my receipt for it because it would have gone back to Walgreens.

Reactions: iVR

againstallodds

Kyra's Hydrating Hemp -- the scent gave me a headache and it irritated the heck out of my scalp
ORS Edge Control
Hairveda Almond Glaze

crazytrish75

Mizani butter blends relaxer- extremely underprocessed

Roux porosity control- did absolutely nothing, discoverd aloe vera juice and haven't looked back

Cantu shea butter leave-in- left hair stiff

As I Am leave in- (horrible, had to use it mixed with other leave ins as i refused to throw it away after paying $10 for it)

AO green tea clarifying shampoo- almost had to bc after that one, I now use it to clean my hair utensils

all the wide toothed combs I bought until @IDareT'shair showed me the light with the denman comb :yep:

Mizani kerafuse treatment- like putting water on my hair, nexxus emergencee all the way!!

jojoba oil- terrible on my hair, don't know why, maybe the kind i bought

I was a serious PJ when I joined this board, still slightly recovering, but now have a regimen (pretty much) in place

Last edited:

faithVA

Boundless Tresses Sulfur oil or whatever it was called. My face turned into 1 bright red pimple :nono: I forgot about that stuff.

Cantu products - The cones just dried my hair out.
Aphogee 2 min - Made me shed like crazy
Natures Gate Conditioners - My hair just says no.

reeko43

Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque and Curl Enhancing Smoothie
Hydroquench Systems Go Deep
Tangle Teaser
Jane Carter styling mouse