I wish My Hair Still Looked Like This

swgirl

My hair looks nothing like it does it my avatar. :sad:I have been on the boards a while and the tips really helped my hair grow to the length seen in the avatar. Recently, I have experienced such breaking that I can't even wear it down now. The breakage is in the top, on the sides and in the back. It looks horrible. I just pull it back into a ponytail. I have been deep conditioning twice a week, using boundless tresses and a new oil from patience and moisturizing daily. I am also taking a multivitamin and biotin. I have been to the dermatologist and nothing is happening. Help me get my hair back to the way it was:wallbash:

Hairsofab

maybe try aphogee products? I've heard that works for some people to stop breakage. I've never used it.

guyanesesista

Maybe you should try molasses for the breaking. Mix about a tablespoon or less in some conditioner then follow with a moisturizing conditioner as it can make the hair hard. I used it when I was relaxed and had alot of breakage and it stopped my breakage almost all my breakage. Hope it helps. Sorry this is happening.

swgirl

aaaawwww so sorry ((hugs)) What kind of conditioner are you using?

I'm a Product Junkie so I have so many different products I have tried. Now, I'm using the Redken line for damaged hair for the weekend and Kenra or Nexxus during the week. I try to deep condition each time. I have even used the garlic shampoo and conditioner I read about on here.

swgirl

Maybe you should try molasses for the breaking. Mix about a tablespoon or less in some conditioner then follow with a moisturizing conditioner as it can make the hair hard. I used it when I was relaxed and had alot of breakage and it stopped my breakage almost all my breakage. Hope it helps. Sorry this is happening.

Thanks. I will try that this week. I used to put a little aphogee in cholesterol treatment when my hair was still healthy. Maybe I will try this again as well.

vkb247

What do you think is causing your breakage? Too much protein? Too much moisture? Brushing/combing? Wrapping?

There are so many things that can cause breakage so it is hard to have any idea what you need to stop it. You might want to try to stick to just one poo, conditioner, moisturizer, etc. until you find out what the problem is...it might just be a product!

BTW: What's your reggie?

naturalgurl

My honest opinion...go back to whatever you were doing and stop trying every product someone mentions. I hope that didn't sound harsh because I'm saying it with a heart filled with kindness. You can DC with molasses like a poster said. This makes the hair strong while moisturizing. You can also get a clove of garlic and slice it up. Place in a small bowl with about 3 to 4 teaspoons of water and nuke for about 15 seconds in the microwave. Add this to your shampoo or conditioner. It will stop the shedding. As for breakage, it might help with that too. If you try too many products you can't figure out which ones are helping and which ones are doing damage. Slow down lil sista' and smell the flowers! Good luck!

swgirl

My honest opinion...go back to whatever you were doing and stop trying every product someone mentions. I hope that didn't sound harsh because I'm saying it with a heart filled with kindness. You can DC with molasses like a poster said. This makes the hair strong while moisturizing. You can also get a clove of garlic and slice it up. Place in a small bowl with about 3 to 4 teaspoons of water and nuke for about 15 seconds in the microwave. Add this to your shampoo or conditioner. It will stop the shedding. As for breakage, it might help with that too. If you try too many products you can't figure out which ones are helping and which ones are doing damage. Slow down lil sista' and smell the flowers! Good luck!

Your advice was good. My fiance has been telling me the same thing...use one thing at a time. I was using Eulence, Nexxus and Cholesterol before. I was also doing a DC twice a week. I will try and keep it simple from now own. It's just painful to experience such a setback. I need to be patient.

swgirl

What do you think is causing your breakage? Too much protein? Too much moisture? Brushing/combing? Wrapping?

There are so many things that can cause breakage so it is hard to have any idea what you need to stop it. You might want to try to stick to just one poo, conditioner, moisturizer, etc. until you find out what the problem is...it might just be a product!

BTW: What's your reggie?

I think a medication I was using for migraines caused my hair...I can't think of anything different. I used to do a pre-poo with Alma oil and Aubrey Organic protein conditioner, wash with either Eulence, Kenra, Nexxus, etc, DC with a heat cap and airdry a rollerset. Now, I don't do the pre-poo but my basic routine is the same, twice a week.

vkb247

You might just be right...I know that some medications can definitely wreck hair. Have you ever used bentonite clay? It is usually mentioned on this board because it cleans and conditions hair, but it also absorbs toxins and can be used internally to remove these impurities from your body.

Are you doing any other protein treatments to replace those you have stopped. DO you think this might be a factor as well? I agree with naturalgurl...do whatever you were doing to keep your hair healthy.

girlyprincess23

I double the not jumping on every bandwagon and also what helped me was a reconstructor. I was having the exact same problem you were. I had this very dry part in the middle of my head that was always breaking so I trimmed it down even and then my hairstylist friend turned me onto this wonderful line called L'anza and I began using their reconstructor and leave in and it completely turned my hair around that piece grew so fast and I believe it was all because I was scared of using protein in my hair but I used this reconstructor every week and I had essentially no breakage (and girl I know because I saved every strand and expected it for almost a month and a half!) my hair's porosity improved and it was just great. I think you might need a good high quality protein and not a super strength one either. One mild enough to be used every week and help maintain your moisture/ protein balance. Because strong proteins and my hair do not get along well. Also after you get your hair back on track you might want to take a break from it because for me braids keep me from cutting all my hair off when I get frustrated from setbacks!!