Wish I had never henna'd

yodie

Yep... I regret trying henna last week.

So many ladies on this forum have had such great experiences with it.

My hair feels dry, hard and brittle. It's tangles and snaps off where the tangles are. I've deep conditioned (moisturized) three times since I henna'd and its softer, but nothing like it was before.

I'm texlaxed. maybe henna doesn't work on texlaxed hair. I only added yogurt, water and amla oil to my henna. did I mess it up?

I trimmed an inch tonight. I'm trying desperately to grow my hair and make progress. I feel like henna set me back, but I'll catch up with Boundless Tresses (thank you Naturallady)!!

My hair is definitely thicker, but not as soft and tangle free as it was before. I'M SERIOUSLY DISSAPOINTED IN MY HENNA EXPERIENCE.

Just wetset my hair. What a joke. It's all rough and I only used water and detangling spray (Mane and Tail)

I still have half a pack left, but I'll never henna again. I'm trying to learn to do my own hair, but I can't afford costly mistakes.

Lusa

Hey hun, sorry to hear about the setback. I, too, tried henna a few years without much success. Washing it out was a bidditch, and my hair was so dry and felt like straw. I just don't think it's for everyone like a lot of other products. Stay strong, and you'll overcome this little bump in the road. ;)

Cayenne0622

My first henna experience resulted in dry hair but mine was due to the Apple Cider Vinegar that I added. Now I use henna with amla powder, evoo, honey, jojoba oil, and a moisturizing conditioner and my hair always feels fabulous. Just be patient with your hair for right now. Do very little manipulation. I wouldn't even rollerset. What conditioner are you using for your deep conditioner? Be sure that its a true deep conditioner and that its moisturizing and not protein. Also be sure of the same thing with your moisturizer. Elasta QP DPR 11 and Lustrasilk Shea Butter Cholesterol have worked great for me. Also, Neutrogena Triple Moisture conditioner will give your hair a silky slip and so will Motions Moisture Plus.

Good luck. Sorry you had a bad experience because I truly love henna.