*I wonder whats his or her régime? Part 2~Singer Sade*

Qualitee

Sade was born in Ibadan, Ọyọ State, Nigeria

JustKiya

She's had long hair all her life - gorgeous, and an inspiration for many. She was never one to wear 'fancy' styles, either - her hair is usually in a ponytail, or down loose.

I wonder how she wears it at home. :lol:

BostonMaria

I've ALWAYS loved her ponytail. Isn't it a hair piece though? Because I remember seeing her in a movie back in the early 90's and her hair was very short.

BostonMaria

I have my own "inspiration pictures" folder on my laptop and here's one of Sade I absolutely love

Attachments

• sade_1.jpg
    sade_1.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 74

MizAvalon

I've ALWAYS loved her ponytail. Isn't it a hair piece though? Because I remember seeing her in a movie back in the early 90's and her hair was very short.

She does wear hair pieces and falls. India Arie, who toured with her, said so.

I was really disappointed when I heard that. :(

She's still lovely though.

JustKiya

She does wear hair pieces and falls. India Arie, who toured with her, said so.

I was really disappointed when I heard that. :(

She's still lovely though.

I wonder how long her real hair is then. She might be one of those wise stars who wear hair pieces/falls when her hair is being styled/exposed to hot lights/otherwise tortured, and wears her hair as is when she's 'off stage'.

:look: Now I really wanna see her 'real' hair! :lol:

MizAvalon

I wonder how long her real hair is then. She might be one of those wise stars who wear hair pieces/falls when her hair is being styled/exposed to hot lights/otherwise tortured, and wears her hair as is when she's 'off stage'.

:look: Now I really wanna see her 'real' hair! :lol:

I think her real hair is probably still a nice length. Back in her 80's videos it was long-ish and I can't imagine she was wearing pieces then? It's impossible to say though because when she's not working she is never seen. Talk about a recluse!

SouthernTease

She wears pieces for sure... I don't know about back in the day...
I think she had traction alopecia from pulling her hair back in those
tight pony tails all the time

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
Yeah that's definately not her hair. She was asked what was one of her most embarassing moments. She said when her missing ponytail was caught in her band members guitar strings during a performance. I never forgot that.

JustKiya

I think her real hair is probably still a nice length. Back in her 80's videos it was long-ish and I can't imagine she was wearing pieces then? It's impossible to say though because when she's not working she is never seen. Talk about a recluse!

Man, if I was famous, that would be me too! Paparazzi are crazy! Having mo-fo's all up in my business, critiquing what I'm wearing, driving, eating, having chitchat's with, how my kids hair is done - hell, I would hide out too! :lachen:

anon123

Yeah that's definately not her hair. She was asked what was one of her most embarassing moments. She said when her missing ponytail was caught in her band members guitar strings during a performance. I never forgot that.

oh my goddess, that is so funny! I thought that was her real hair, too. All this fake hair is distorting our view of reality and how hair should look. I remember my mother saying she didn't want to wear just her hair in braids or twists because it would look too thin. Of course it would, compared to braid and twist extensions. I guess I'm just feeling frustrated with hair expectations today.

almond eyes

This is why I struggled to get out of the hair extension rut quick. But if I were a celebrity and my hair were thin, I would wear extension pieces. I'm glad not to be a celebrity because your hair can never get a break and people have so many expectations.

Best,
Almond Eyes

DaDragonPrincess

OMG, I always thought it was her hair,its pretty though. I love her music.

............BUMPING the topic..........

Do anyone have pictures of her real hair?

MissMarie

***sigh***

I swear I read on this board that she had trouble with her hair breaking off when she was young and wore a lot of pieces and pulled it back most of the time, but that more recently she'd found ways to retain and get it longer.
maybe she found LHCF :grin: