I would like an update on any BT users...

LadyZ

I may have missed it... But has anyone updated lately about their progress with BT?

I kinda fell of the wagon... but I am getting back on it... I have had great results with it... I need to reorder another bottle...

TIA

Last edited:
Well for me I just started on 28th of July, and my edges is start to fill in so I will give it another month to see if I see any length

what is BT, ANY PICS, how do you use it. does it have a peculiar small, i Threw out MTG as i just couldnt deal with the smell.

Check my Fotki. My first pics are from June before I started BT...then I have July & August. I usually take pics right at the beginning of the month. In my Aug. pics my hair is straight and the other 2 curly, but I can tell a big difference. My edges had been thinning and those have filled in, and I think my hair has grown at least an inch. In June I was a tiny bit past SL and now I am thisclose to APL. HTH! I LOOOOOVE :heart2:me some BT! That stuff is the real deal!

Check my Fotki. My first pics are from June before I started BT...then I have July & August. I usually take pics right at the beginning of the month. In my Aug. pics my hair is straight and the other 2 curly, but I can tell a big difference. My edges had been thinning and those have filled in, and I think my hair has grown at least an inch. In June I was a tiny bit past SL and now I am thisclose to APL. HTH! I LOOOOOVE :heart2:me some BT! That stuff is the real deal!

You hair is gorgeous. I hope that I get results like that. I've only been using it for a few days now, so it's too soon to tell.

My results are in my siggy. I really love BT. I didn't really start using it regularly until March of this year, and although my hair was growing faster than usual, I was gradually cutting off my no-lye ends. Since last fall I had a very bad scalp condition, it was scaling and itchy. My scalp was inflamed and it would sting when water hit it. I had no way to get it treated because I was in Iraq at the time. I started using BT in March and within a week my scalp was healing. By the beginning of April, my scalp was in top condition, to be honest, it rarely itches. As far as growth, I am getting 1/2 an inch regularly in my crown and maybe about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the other areas. For me that's a lot of growth. I take no other vitamins besides my multi, I drink a protein shake twice a day as a part of my exercise program, and I drink a lot of water. As far as usage, I massage into my scalp every other evening.

My results are in my siggy. I really love BT. I didn't really start using it regularly until March of this year, and although my hair was growing faster than usual, I was gradually cutting off my no-lye ends. Since last fall I had a very bad scalp condition, it was scaling and itchy. My scalp was inflamed and it would sting when water hit it. I had no way to get it treated because I was in Iraq at the time. I started using BT in March and within a week my scalp was healing. By the beginning of April, my scalp was in top condition, to be honest, it rarely itches. As far as growth, I am getting 1/2 an inch regularly in my crown and maybe about 1/4 to 1/2 inch in the other areas. For me that's a lot of growth. I take no other vitamins besides my multi, I drink a protein shake twice a day as a part of my exercise program, and I drink a lot of water. As far as usage, I massage into my scalp every other evening.

Great progress!!

Looks great...wonderful progress...I know that's right!!!!!

I am so happy for you and your progress, I know being a woman of color and in another country with limited resources, just to get a simple product like BT is the best.

I am using it for my edges and plan to use the balm as soon as I get it to thicken them up. My daughters alopecia spot is filling in all the way and has grown alot it is not an half of inch yet but is getting there.

I got my bottle two days ago and already Im seeing a difference. When I combed my hair in the morning, clumps of hair would come out (~50-60) but now its down to 10 strands.

I got my bottle two days ago and already Im seeing a difference. When I combed my hair in the morning, clumps of hair would come out (~50-60) but now its down to 10 strands.

LESS shedding. That's awesome. I recently received my BT as well. Some ladies reported a bit of increased shedding in the beginning until their scalp got used to using BT (which I totally understand) Good to see it has had the opposite affect on you!!!

BT, oh BT...
I started using it a few months ago, and wasn't really noticing too much of anything...then last month, I got micro braids, and I was in a rush to use the ladies room and in the process of trying to get my bag off my shoulders and open the door, I ripped (clean out) some braids, and had a shiny bald spot on my hairline. I almost cried...
Well, I went home and started using BT on it RELIGIOUSLY...that was 3 weeks ago. Last Saturday, I went to get my full face threaded (I usually do it once a month) and after doing my eyebrows, it felt like she was in my hairline, so I told her to stop, she asked if I was sure, I said yes. When she was done, I looked at my face, and I realize why she wanted to keep going. In my earnest to get my bald spot to grow in, I had been using product on my forehead, and my hairline had EXTENDED.
So yes, it works, just don't use it on your face...

So yes, it works, just don't use it on your face...[/quote]

Hmm...maybe I should use some of this on my eyebrows! :perplexed

I started using BT consistently about 5 weeks into a 12 week stretch. I definitely saw more NG at my last relaxer than I usually see after a stretch.

So yes, it works, just don't use it on your face...

Hmm...maybe I should use some of this on my eyebrows! :perplexed

I started using BT consistently about 5 weeks into a 12 week stretch. I definitely saw more NG at my last relaxer than I usually see after a stretch.[/quote]

lol i have the same problem. i have short eyebrows. i want them to be long and full...

you guys are making me tempted to get some of this!

MAAAAAAAAAN BT is a beautiful thang! Not only does it contribute to growth, but it alters the state of my natural hair!! I can see a noticeable difference in the texture of my NG when I use BT. It makes my hair have these beautiful mini spiral curls!!! This, in turn, makes my NG more manageable and prevents breakage. Does this happen to anyone else???

WOW, I am glad to hear such positive results... I am going to start back, because it made my hair so thick and I got good growth also... Once the weather turns cold hear I will baggy all winter and be using BT... That stuff is the greatest...

Thanks ladies for responding:yep:

I just started using BT two days ago. But after hearing so many of people's praises about how much extra growth they've experienced, I hope it works really good for me too!

BT is a hairsaver. It is a wonderful product. I haven't used it this summer, but will continue to use it beginning in the fall. Although I haven't used it this summer, my hair still remained thick from it.

I started using BT in June, and used it for 6 weeks before my last relaxer. I definitely saw increased new growth! I am still using it while I stretch my next relaxer until December. At my last relaxer, I was very close to my goal for the HYH til Christmas challenge. If I can get that much in 6 weeks of use, I am sure that by the time of the challenge reveal I will have surpassed my goal of BSL. I absolutely love this stuff! It has been great for my hair, and has definitely helped my thinning temple on my left side.

I've been using scented BT for a couple of months and haven't seen any demonstrable results to date. :nono:

Some other folks have mentioned that BT is good for thickness while Lenzi's Request is good for growth.

My hair seems to be thinning at the crown (it is always really itchy in that spot), so I decided to try the BT. Well, it stopped the itching...and the shedding. I had recently gotten a relaxer, and within a few days I noticed growth in the same spot. (I only applied it at the crown, I needed to stop the itching and really didn't need any oil in my hair, I only wanted to stop the itching, it was driving me crazy).

I do have a question for the users of the unscented BT. Does it have a sulfur smell, or no smell at all? I have the scented, and it smells good, but you can smell the sulfur after the scent has left. It kinda leaves a slight lingering burnt smell. Nothing that I can't deal with, but if I can get no smell at all, I would prefer the unscented.

Last edited:
Is anyone mixing the BT with any type of oil or do you use it just straight?

I use it alone when I apply it. Sometimes I may have already used something else in my hair a day or so before, but I do not mix the BT with another oil and then apply it.

Ooooh I love me some BT. I am almost finished with my first bottle and orderded a new one 2 days ago. I used it consistently during my last stretch and b/c I got so much growth, I had to cut my stretch to only 9 weeks. I got a good 1.5-2 inches of NG and my hair is just in a better state overall. I usually start seeing NG about 5-7 days after my relaxer.

I just received the balm and I going to use this on my edges. The bottle if for my baby spot which is growing stong and she is so happy.

Back