If 12inches=Brastrap, How many inches is shoulder, armpit, waist, etc?

RainbowCurls

punchinella said:
This thread is :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'd say it's more like :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
You can't define BSL (or any other 'milestone length') in inches, cms or whatever. It is different for everybody. AAAAARGH!!!!

REPEAT AFTER ME:
"BSL is different for everybody"
"BSL is different for everybody"
"BSL is different for everybody"...

and so on.

Kiynwah

Sweet_Ambrosia said:
12inches=Brastrap if your a midget maybe. :look:
Measuring from your nape isnt an accurate way to measure.
Measuring from your hairline to your ends is a more accurate way to measure IMO.
[/quote

Why? So if only your nape is touching BSL your not really BSL?

This is really confusing? What if you have layers? I don't understand.

Can anyone explain this to me.

90% of women who show their pictures here show measurements from the back, and using their nape/longest layer to define their length. If your nape hair reaches bra strap, and you define that as BSL because you like layers, then you're BSL. Personally, I don't see why people are so shocked that is only 12 inches on some women. I am about average height and bra strap is definitely 12 inches of hair from nape to ends.... Some people may be tall, or have long necks, or a long torso etc. To each his own! :grin:

LovelyNaps26

I have always wondered why many women refer to their brastrap when growing their hair. I think the whole idea was that regardless of genetics, typically anyone should be able to grow a foot of hair. This would equal brastrap on an avg height woman. I don't know what the avg height is, perhaps 5'4-5'5. This is not measuring from hairline. This has to do with the individual strands of hair growing 12 inches.

this is how i interpret it. i am 5'9" and if the hair along my nape is 13" and straightened, my hair will be touching my bra (i've been professionally fitted so my bras fit correctly, lol). isn't that what bsl means? now FULL bra strap length is a different story. i hope to be bsl in a year but it'll take me a good 2 years to be full bsl with no layers (which wouldn't happen b/c i'd continue to let my hair grow rather than cutting to maintain bsl). Most folks on lhcf tend to show growth shots using the hair along the nape (i.e. my siggy) not hair from the crown.

LovelyNaps26

90% of women who show their pictures here show measurements from the back, and using their nape/longest layer to define their length. If your nape hair reaches bra strap, and you define that as BSL because you like layers, then you're BSL. Personally, I don't see why people are so shocked that is only 12 inches on some women. I am about average height and bra strap is definitely 12 inches of hair from nape to ends.... Some people may be tall, or have long necks, or a long torso etc. To each his own! :grin:

ITA!:yep:

serendipity

I don't get how some people are claiming BSL to be 20+ inches. I think a fair way to judge is by wigs/weaves. I'm 5'6 and a 14 inch wig or weave is BSL on me. 12 inches is around APL.

AimWard

Whoa...what?! Who's brastrap is 12 inches from the crown of their head?! LOL - that sounds painful - like it could choke somebody.

I'm 17" and no where NEAR bra strap (I'm still like 2.5" shy).

Here's my thing about bra-strap - where are people wearing their brastraps?! I swear some folks adjust their bras to their hair and not the other way around.

Not to get all Victoria-Secret on people, but your bra strap is supposed to sit right below the bottom of your shoulder blades. Sisters need to realize if your bra strap is ARCHING across your back like a Rainbow and hiked up in the middle of your back (so not sitting at the same level all the way around, front to back), ladies YOUR BRA IS TOO DAMN SMALL.

If you've got two layers of boobies in the front, YOUR BRA IS TOO DAMN SMALL.

:::Breathe::: What was the question again?!

Oh yea - I'm thinking 18" is bra strap length, for a female who's 5'5" - 5'8".

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Foufie

12inches=Brastrap if your a midget maybe. :look:
Measuring from your nape isnt an accurate way to measure.
Measuring from your hairline to your ends is a more accurate way to measure IMO.

Why wouldn't it be accurate to measure from the nape? My nape doesn't move around or take take short retreats...:rolleyes: