IF I DO A HOT OIL THINGY DO I GOT TO GREASE....

keiron

hi i suffer from dandraff alot but i wear twists for weeks at a time and iam a male so NO iam not washing my hair and doing all sorts to it weekly like u ladies do
lol, but i i was told to do hot oil whenever i wash to calm the scalp but i usally always grease the scalp with olive oil but someone told me to try without greasing the scalp which ive not tried yet so any ideas of what u would do or try.

thanks.

sweetcocoa

I had a problem with dandruff...until I started shampooing more often...the first 2 weeks I shampooed daily then I cut back to at least 3 times a week(depending on my hair). My scalp no longer flakes and I don't greae it at all(been over 2 years). I will do hot oil treatments every once in a while. I firmly believe the grease was aggravating the dandruff.
I told my son to stop greasing his scalp and shampoo or rinse daily and he ho longer has the problem...except when he has braids....and that's because he doesn't rinse daily when he has them done.

keiron

hiiiii thanks i think imma try not grease the scalp but yeh i wear twists so theirs no way i can wash each other day but i can spray water on scalp iam sure just to keep them soft etc.