if it aint broke dont fix it!!

4mia

man that saying says alot. yrs ago when i first started my jouney
Mtg and the rules of proper hair care got me max hair growth
shortly after i followed the cathy howse method wich gave me just as good results, I made it to bsl from sl in under 2 yrs. After that i experimented with homemade stuff, indian powders and etc. I experienced breakage and had to cut my hair. when i think about it mtg and cathy howse really worked well for me. everything else failed.
i ask myself had i stuck with what worked i could be mbl instead of apl.

so im saying maybe for 2010 we need to look back at what worked and stick to it. why fix it if its not broken. I ended up with broken pockets and broken hair

just a thought

changingSeasons

Hi ... I am a newbie!!!!! So thanks for the advice, I see sooooo many beautiful heads of hair and just want to try EEverything < - LOL. So one of my Goals for 2010 is to simplify, while still trying to find Staples. Lol but I have wanted to try MTG.....

Oh yeh ..... CONGRATULATIONS on your Baby :))))))))))))).

4mia

Hi ... I am a newbie!!!!! So thanks for the advice, I see sooooo many beautiful heads of hair and just want to try EEverything < - LOL. So one of my Goals for 2010 is to simplify, while still trying to find Staples. Lol but I have wanted to try MTG.....

Oh yeh ..... CONGRATULATIONS on your Baby :))))))))))))).

hi, yea remember once you find what works, stick to it!

good luck
and thank you

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
You know; there's Been alot of Ladies saying recently that they are "Returning" back to products, techniques, keeping it simple and simplifying their regimen, eliminating certain products, cutting back/out things etc.... and returning to things that worked for them in the past that helped them get to Goal.:yep:

So, your statement does have alot of merit.

Best Wishes for a Good New Year and a Prosperous Hair Journey.:grin:

Ballerina_Bun

Makes perfect sense! I have been doing more and more of this. Why … think of it this way.

Once you spend all that money experimenting with new products, the money “wasted” could’ve been used on your staple products, cute hair accessories OR … better yet … saved!

chebaby

this is very true. i know for me my hair thrives with all natural products. even when i was relaxed my daily moisturizers were natural. in 2010 i plan on sticking to what i know works, which is lots and lots of shea butter.

goodmorningruby

I can think of two perfect examples of things I did to my hair this year that I didn't need to and the results had me p.o.

I should have known better than to use all of that heat necessary for the BKT on my very fine hair (that was not accustomed to heat, let alone 400+degrees), but did it anyway and that resulted in some hair loss (mad shedding and destroyed ends). I didn't need the BKT, my hair was great before that.

I wanted to try the Hydratherma Naturals moisture boosting shampoo, when I already had my beloved shikakai shampoo bars, but that stuff totally made my hair hard (as a rock), tangled and super stripped of moisture. So I went back to the shikakai and now I use the HN shampoo to clean my make up brushes. :yep: At least that mishap was reversible vs BKT. :rolleyes:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it---a mantra for the gods.

teacherjess

I agree completely. I'm a newbie, and the most progress I've seen in my hair was when I used the same 4 or 5 simple staple products & techniques for 15 straight weeks-- the longest ever....did my head a world of good and I plan on staying with those forever. When I tried that "next new thing" every hot minute, I saw broken pieces of hair and little progress. Thanks!

HisDiva

I agree. I haven't mamed my hair yet but I need to stick to what's good. It is easy to get caught up and order and buy and buy and order.

loveable37

I was using B&b castrol oil /mane tail /hot oil six for long time my hair got so long soon i reached my goal as u can see i feel off straighening it stop bagging method now no near brastrap length so i think for newyears imma stick back to my old remedies untill 6 month to year.

Salsarisma

man that saying says alot. yrs ago when i first started my jouney
Mtg and the rules of proper hair care got me max hair growth
shortly after i followed the cathy howse method wich gave me just as good results, I made it to bsl from sl in under 2 yrs. After that i experimented with homemade stuff, indian powders and etc. I experienced breakage and had to cut my hair. when i think about it mtg and cathy howse really worked well for me. everything else failed.
i ask myself had i stuck with what worked i could be mbl instead of apl.

so im saying maybe for 2010 we need to look back at what worked and stick to it. why fix it if its not broken. I ended up with broken pockets and broken hair

just a thought

4Mia,

I totally agree. As a newbie, it is so hard for me to resisit going out and buying everything that is raved about on this site. I, too, am sticking with Cathy Howse for now. I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives that would work, but I'm defininitely NOT up to searching for what that is. I'm sticking with UBH DC.

What do you plan to go back to in 2010?

TemiLnd

I am in full agreement and I decided that is my goal for 2010. Initially I was gona use up all the extra products that don’t work etc, well now I’m just cutting them out. I will give them away, sell it or just throw them away. The basics always works. Just a few tweaks here and there cos of the weather.

Demi27

I have to agree. The best growth I ever had was when my mom braided my hair up and I left it alone. I am going back to that for 2010 (via braids under my weave).
I am not going to mess with my actual hair. I will apply a growth aid from time to time, but as far as manipulating my hair all the time? That's a wrap!

Nayna

Unbothered
You are so right. I don't care for bandwagons however I like supporting businesses ya know? So it kinda sux cus I don't really need new staples but then I'll see a new b.o.b. and I'll try it; and I can't just give it away without trying it first. I'm gong to stop reading product reviews. I've been lucky that I haven't had a setback (knock on wood). I still want some Afroveda though......

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
when i cut all my hair off in 2006 to shoulder length, thats when i started my real hair growth journy. ever since i have been using the same products and made it all the way to MBL. im only two inches away from waist lenght...i think. i moisturize like a mad woman and i do aphogee treatments(the stinky hard stuff) like every 3-4 weeks. it has been working for me all this time.

BostonMaria

I'm soooo done experimenting. I'm not saying I won't try anything new, but I have found what works/doesn't work for me and I am going back to a simple routine.

4mia

4Mia,

I totally agree. As a newbie, it is so hard for me to resisit going out and buying everything that is raved about on this site. I, too, am sticking with Cathy Howse for now. I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives that would work, but I'm defininitely NOT up to searching for what that is. I'm sticking with UBH DC.

What do you plan to go back to in 2010?

i know this is late, but i plan to order a couple of ubh dc with my tax return in a few weeks. I cant wait!