If you could go back in time, would you still relax your hair

Maynard

Yes.

It was my choice and during that time, I wouldn't have been able to rock my Salt N Pepa do' without a relaxer. In the 90's relaxers were the ish.

Kimiche

NO Way.

Problem is - I did not have a huge choice at 12 yrs old.
:ohwell:

I feel you. I think I was around that age when I first got my hair relaxed. My hair started to fall out. My mom is not a hair person and I didn't know how to take care of my relaxed hair back in the day. Even though my hair was coarse growing up, I would've benefited more by just getting my hair hot combed or something.

YvonneL

I remember stealing my first perm when I was 12 from JJ newberry.(I know i was bad) My hair was so thick i thought I was ugly.My Puertto rican mom took 3 hours to comb my 4b hair and that stopped when i was 9.I loved my thick mushroom curlled under past shoulders. Hasnt been the same since.Im on the fence cuz i keep doin it. We;ll see howthe perm goes

jenteel

sure
i had fun doing certain styles - long and short
i probably wouldn't have relaxed for as long though

this would have been cool as a poll!:drunk:

ACRawlins

I think I'd still relax, but I'd have waited. My mom got lazy when I was about 7 and relaxed my hair. She didn't know jack about hair care, so it was pretty rough until I got old enough to care for it myself. If I had it to do all over again, I'd relax as a teenager, but only using a mild relaxer.

vestaluv1

H3ll to da NO I would notperm hair again! I believe I'v said in another post that I get mad at myself for doing it, because I could have been at APL or BSL by now, heck, even longer!

My hair can't handle a perm. I just can't. I even tried Texturizing and it broke off worse than when I had a perm! And to add, my hair can't handle stylist that decide to do whatever to my hair with chemicals, which is why I'm in the spot I'm in now.

:yep::yep::yep: