I'm A Cheapie Conditioner Junkie...What's Ur Product Weakness?

Peachtree

This is ridiculous.... I know that I have a problem :alcoholic ...but I'm not sure if I want to be rehabilitated just yet...

I can not walk into a grocery store without heading over to the hair product aisle 1st. Why? Cause I know there's gonna be a sale on 1 of my 3 cheapie conditioner lines (Suave, VO5, or White Rain).

Well, today was no different. There was a sale on VO5. I picked up 20 bottles of conditioner :( . I'm simply being excessive now :whyme:... I'm sooo embarrassed :hammer: . I just don't understand it... I've never been a certified product junkie before :nono: ...& I'm VERY HAIR FRUGAL...but for some reason, I can not pass up the urge to buy these cheapie conditioners...especially when I consistently get great results from them. I know that this "junkie-ism" would not be a problem if my fav conditioners cost $2-3 each....it's these $.79 ones that have me going bonkers :drunk:

I know I'm not the only junkie here...go ahead, release urself...share...what's ur product weakness? :spinning: ((Ya' know, that 1 product that calls ur name when u walk pass it... or that 1 product that u must buy more than 1 of))

Last edited:
I hoard AO GPB like they are never going to make it again :sekret: . Oils are a weakness, otherwise, I'm doing okay with "The PJ Thang".

I am always checking to see if CVS and Target have my V05 conditioners on sale so I can stock up on them

I'm not too bad yet.... I just try to buy 3/4 at a time and have them on stock.

I am holding on to my 1/2 bottle of VO5 Pina Colada conditioner - researching outlets that may have outside of NY. I like the way my hair smells with in the summertime. I also find the Kiwi/Lime poo effective for clarifying.

I am a White Rain junkie for my pre poo treatment (I'm down to 2 large bottles of the Coconut and will have to comb some spots for replenishment)

I'm also about to try and make a deal with the guy at the BSS to order me 12 bottles of the Surge Woojee Cream - he said we can work out a price. I love that ish now.

I too am much more likely to splurge on a cheap bottles of conditioner. I luvvvvvv Suave coconut. All of my conditioners are cheap except my protien conditioners. Last night, I was soo happy that I finally found a regimen that I could stick to that works and all my products are affordable. I have tried plenty expensive products and the cheap ones work a lot better for me. Sometimes when im in the drug store, I want to grab bottles of Suave coconut :lol:. I have Le Kair cholesterol, but I don't think I will be repurchasing it again.

im the same and i splurge on any really good products that are at 5 and dime stores...ya never know when they may jack up the price or when it will be discontinued....i gotta stock up on that vo5 blueberries really soon....

Conditioner Junkie checking in especially dominican and salon conditioners.
I am on the no new product junkie challenge so I can use up at least most of them.

I don't have any one weakness, I stock up on every product that I use like I'm insane... shampoos, protein conditioners, deep conditioners, cheapie conditioners, gels, oils... everything. I have enough stuff to do my hair for at least 3 months (I think I'd run out of conditioner in 3 months, but everything else would last me for like a year)

Shamefull :)

im an accessory junkie, myself.....all those 99 cents - $2 accessories at the BSS are my BIGGEST weakness!!! i never leave without one :D

as for product, im all about the cheapie conditioners too....when suave or v05 go on sale?!?!?! its all over for me!

I am in love with VO5 conditioners and white rain coconut conditioners. I use them as pretreatments and am always buying them when they go on sale. At one point I had a box full of cheapie conditioners.

I see a lot of us have problems :lol:

Ok, I forgot to mention... I also use cheapie conditioners on my daughter's hair. I put it on her dry hair, rinse, then add more conditioner. This ends up using 1/2 - 3/4 of 1 bottle alone... (( trying to justify purchasing 20 bottles :lol: ))

Kera Care Humecto.....I recently bought 9 of the 12 or so big bottles from one of my local salons. There was a holiday sale. At first I bought 3 then I went back a few days later. I went back about 3 or 4 times that week until I had 9. I was going to get the rest of them but I tried to exercise some "restraint" (yeah right!) Lol. :D

Last edited:
i just bouth Vo5 strawberry and cream condit. for .87 at Kmart....it was so funny because when i saw the sale price, the first thing i thought of was LHCF, and this thread! lol

This an old thread, but it has timeless appeal. Those cheapie conditioners sure are irresistable. I have a closet that's like a BSS, full of Suave Milk & Honey (origianal formula), White Rain Tropical Coconut, VO5 Tea Therapy, uh you get the idea. :look:

Priestess said:
This an old thread, but it has timeless appeal. Those cheapie conditioners sure are irresistable. I have a closet that's like a BSS, full of Suave Milk & Honey (origianal formula), White Rain Tropical Coconut, VO5 Tea Therapy, uh you get the idea. :look:

White Rain Tropical Coconut :love: :love:

&

NTM Daily Deep Conditioner :love: :love:

I stocked piled Suave Milk & Honey original (30 bottles) and DDTA because these are my favorite cheapie conditioners.

I love cheapie conditioners, no actually all conditioners, but cheapies I always love. The ones I currently stockpile are V05 Champagne Kiss and Strawberries and Cream and Suave Fresh Berry Smoothie.

I'm a freakin' moisturizing fool :lachen: ! I :love: leave-in, oil moisturizers, some spray-ins... Buuuutttt, been working on it!!

LABETT said:
I stocked piled Suave Milk & Honey original (30 bottles) and DDTA because these are my favorite cheapie conditioners.

I stockpiled a bunch too and I'm glad I did. Little did I know they were going to fool with the formula. :ohwell:

Back