Im at BSL...(pic heavy)

Southernbella.

I'm a tad irritated that I had to stretch it out to see, even after I flat ironed, but oh well. :lol:

Unstretched:rolleyes::

And now I have a product rave. Shout out to ready2grow2 for turning me on to Aphogee Green Tea Keratin Reconstructing Mist (I think that's the full name of it). I washed, deep conditioned, then sectioned my hair and sprayed the Aphogee liberally on each section. I then blowdried and flat ironed (using a dab of coconut oil). After, I applied John Frieda Anti-Frizz serum. I loved the results! My hair felt smoother, sleeker, and stronger when I flat ironed it. I think it also helped with reversion. I say that because I've used anti-frizz serum in the past and it didn't do much.

Clean, damp hair:

After drying each section, I braided it. I took this section down to flat iron it:

Result:

I rolled my hair extra tight last night because I knew I would be walking around outside all day. I assumed my curls would fall, but they didn't. My hair barely reverted (and for my hair and Georgia humidity, that's a feat!)

Today after I got home:

Thanks for looking! Next stop, MBL.:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

BTW, I'm nearly 3 years post relaxer and nearly 2 years post BC.

Last edited:

pookaloo83

I'm thinking about transitioning again, after seeing this thread I'm really thinking about it! Beautiful hair!

Southernbella.

Thank you ladies! O/T: do I have a short torso? My bra seems high in that pic, but if it were any lower, it would be at my waist. :lol: Is that normal? :lachen:

msa

Thank you ladies! O/T: do I have a short torso? My bra seems high in that pic, but if it were any lower, it would be at my waist. :lol: Is that normal? :lachen:

You look like you have a regular torso, and you're just a short person. Your bra is in the right place though (under your shoulder blades). Maybe you just have a high waist.

Southernbella.

What do you like about the Mist spray? What does it do for you?

Yeah, I guess I left the review part out of the review, huh? :lachen:
My hair felt smoother, sleeker, and stronger when I flat ironed it. I think it also helped with reversion. I say that because I've used anti-frizz serum in the past and it didn't do much.

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Southernbella ... why your hair gotta be all thick and luscious and what not. I'm over here hatin' on you big time. Uggggggghhhh ...

Beautiful progress as usual, woman.

Essensual

Dang you ready2grow2 and SouthernBella!

*adds Green Tea and Keratin Restructurizing spray to "Sally's Must Haves List"*

JustKiya

You look like you have a regular torso, and you're just a short person. Your bra is in the right place though (under your shoulder blades). Maybe you just have a high waist.

:yep: I'm with msa - you might be slightly high waisted.

GORGEOUS hair and congrats on being BSL!!!!!! :look: I'm being nosey now, but is that your natural color? If not, what do you use?

Southernbella.

:yep: I'm with msa - you might be slightly high waisted.

GORGEOUS hair and congrats on being BSL!!!!!! :look: I'm being nosey now, but is that your natural color? If not, what do you use?

Not nosey at all! I've colored it 3 times now. I used Clairol Textures & Tones Bronze, but it clearly didn't do much so I'm done. :lol:

Southernbella.

Thank you MSA! I was like dang, why does my bra look high? But there really isn't anywhere else for it to go. A few inches lower and it would be a belt. :giggle:

JustKiya

Not nosey at all! I've colored it 3 times now. I used Clairol Textures & Tones Bronze, but it clearly didn't do much so I'm done. :lol:

Umph! Hair color! You can clearly see the different colors (at least I'm assuming those were the colors you were going for! :lachen:) in the clean damp picture, but I'm assuming it doesn't show up at all once you style it?