I'm back!!! Pics!! And please help me go from natural to relaxed

back2relaxed

I too was relaxed, then chopped it off, then relaxed again. I went natural b/c I couldn't really remember my natural texture...but soon realized I missed it being straight. I was getting it pressed a lot, and it was reverting immediately! I decided that since I like straight hair it would be better for me to relax. Also I had learned so much about healthy hair techniques, I knew I could grow my hair in either state. And so far I have been right! My hair is super healthy and growing steadily. You have to do what makes you happy, and natural hair in the 4 range takes time. I am not an avid braid wearer or weave wearer...I love to feel my hair.I'm happy I relaxed. Sometimes I do miss the "big hair" but when I do I just do a braidout or a tight rollerset. To each her own...do what feels right for you. You should get a professional press done on your hair to see if you even like the straight hair on you. ITA w/the PPs in that both states of hair have their own set of "rules". I think once you know you know your natural textures, you will better know how to treat your hair once its relaxed again, if you choose that! Good luck on the big decision.

Hi, this is a good post. I'm having the same dilema but am looking for solutions before relaxing. You guys have great suggestions. I'm a newbie and am not familiar with some of the terminology. Can someone tell me what a BKT is (or is BTK)?

BKT is a Brazilian Keratin Treatment, I believe.

Thanks again for the new comments!

Now I have to deal with this one "friend" who will probably looove it if I relax because she so hates natural hair (and walks around with some very unhealthy relaxed hair). My stubborn self would probably stay natural to avoid giving her any satisfaction.

Nah, I'm still going to weigh the pros and cons and try some alternatives before anything drastic...

AllieCat0817

I'm trying to get over feeling like a traitor to naturals ::cry4:: I sooo want to see more naturals on the street but I understand now why it's so hard.

I was natural from 2004 till 8 weeks ago. A great decision for me at the time....but honestly I got super bored and tired of it. I have come to the conclusion of its just hair. I have worn a shaved down 1/2 inch TWA for a LONG TIME, worn a huge fro also for a long time, everything in between. Right now I decided to grow it out so I want it relaxed. There will probably come a time when I will shave it back down to my 1/2 inch boy cut. It's just hair. At first I lost alot of sleep over deciding to relax again....but I quickly got over that after I LOVED my result and the EASE. I learned ALOT during my natural journey... mentally-- the whole good hair/bad hair thing etc. But that doesn't define me. 'I am not my hair' as India.Arie says. The militant nappy sistahs can get over it. It's your head. Do you! I love my natural sistahs.... but I do NOT feel guilty anymore. Sometimes I feel like I let someone down when they email me about my natural journey and say they want to do it to and ask for advice......When I'm ready to I will go natural again. Right now I'm enjoying being relaxed (going today to the salon for an 8 wk touch up-- Design Essentials regular lye!). A girl has a right to change her mind:). Blessings on your journey!

Right now I decided to grow it out so I want it relaxed. There will probably come a time when I will shave it back down to my 1/2 inch boy cut. It's just hair. At first I lost alot of sleep over deciding to relax again....but I quickly got over that after I LOVED my result and the EASE.

That's exactly what my mom says! :yawn: Thank you!