I'm Bored w/my Hair...What Now?

wyldcurlz

obviously i'm trying to grow it out. but i'm soooo bored with it. there's really nothing i can do with it. i work out too much to straighten it and see the fruits of my labor. :D i'm trying to perfect my wash-n-go...but mostly i'm just bored with it. what did you all do when you grew bored with your hair? right now it feels like i'll never reach my goal, cuz everytime i get close to lower back length, i go to a stylist for a new look - some layers, SOMETHING...and BAM!!! they chop my hair off and i'm back to square 1, just above BSL. so i've been in this cycle for a while. i'm hair bored.

Divine Inspiration

Hair accessories!! I recently started playing around with scarves, clips, clamps, and pins to jazz up my same old styles. With all the fun pieces I have, I feel like I've got a whole new set of looks to experiment with. I saw go to the 99 cent store, Target, or Big Lots and load up on playful hair acessories before you begin cutting and coloring, etc.

Lucia

I second that, just get some hair toys and spice up your buns, styles that will keep you busy.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I bought my first pony phony in years. They now have hair clips and drawstrings. Who knew? Now I have that to throw in the mix between straight and wash and goes.

wyldcurlz

that's it! i need style help. i don't really know how to do buns that well. we need a link to some "how-to" styling. especially for up-do's. i want to learn how to do a twist or is it called a french twist? i'm bad at buns. so maybe i need to work that angle to get rid of the boredom. does anyone know a site where i can styling "how-to's?"

Lucia

check out some of the fokti albums, tons of style ideas, even simple protective styles like braids and buns. I have a big list of links in my journal.
hth

so1913

Divine Inspiration said:
Hair accessories!! I recently started playing around with scarves, clips, clamps, and pins to jazz up my same old styles. With all the fun pieces I have, I feel like I've got a whole new set of looks to experiment with. I saw go to the 99 cent store, Target, or Big Lots and load up on playful hair acessories before you begin cutting and coloring, etc.

That's great advice!

JustKiya

I'm sick of my hair too - I think I was just TIRED of the two strand twists. I'm starting to experiment with different styles - braids, twist-outs, and the like - as soon as my hair is long enough, I'll be bunning it up like mad!