I'm Bored with my hair

Country gal

I am so bored with my hair. I am tired of the twists, afro puffs and low puffs. I don't think I want to perm it but I have the natural blues. You know that frame of mind to want to do something drastically to your natural hair.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I know the feeling, I've been bunning more lately than I ever thought I would. Maybe you could treat yourself and your hair to a straight style w/o the chemical, like a flatiron, press N curl, or blow-out, that would be a big change for ya. Or try a new natural style, something ya always wanted but never had the chance to do.

jasmine26

i know the feeling, i recently put in human hair braids because i was getting bored with doing the same thing to my hair. So maybe u can do braid extensions and play with the color to switch it up a bit:)

Cheleigh

I don't have that yet, but I haven't been natural for long. Also, I never did much to my relaxed hair (ponytails and buns mostly), so I probably won't get bored as long as I think my hair looks cute.

Why don't you try to roller set/straw set your hair, or flat iron it? Maybe you can get some individual braids with or without extensions (not micros, nor kinky twists).

Maybe shingle it or finger curl? I love stretching my hair to get a BAA (or at least a MSA).

Right now, I'm only tempted by color, and I'm scared to dry out my hair so I'm hesitant.

Country gal

I tried hair color which turned out great earlier in the year. I am afraid to get extensions. I don't want them cutting my own hair to blend it in with the fake hair re braids. Maybe I might try a straight style but I wanted to loose some weight first to make the style stand out more.

blkbeauty

Country Gal, I know the feeling. I recently had did a press n curl for my birthday as a switch up.

JustKiya

CountryGal: Ooohwee!! Do I know what you are talking about - I was jsut getting SICK of the two strand twists or the puffs.....so I started experiementing with new ways of styling.
I don't do heat (at all - I even rinse my hair with cold water!!) so straight styles were out....so I figured I'd start working on my cornrowing/flattwist skills, and I THINK I may have founda hairstyle I'm happy with for maybe most of the winter even. I've got cornrows in the front, and flat twists in the back. It's comfy, neat, very cute, and quick to do so that I'm not spending hours in the mirror. Now, if I can jsut get my parting the back of my head skills down, I'll be set!

prettyinpurple

Country gal said:
I tried hair color which turned out great earlier in the year. I am afraid to get extensions. I don't want them cutting my own hair to blend it in with the fake hair re braids. Maybe I might try a straight style but I wanted to loose some weight first to make the style stand out more.

You could just do a weave, have the stylist cornrow all of your hair and then do a sew-in. Then no worries about them cutting your hair.

Girl has someone cut your hair before to blend in with the braids :eek: That's just ridiculous. But I do know a lot of people make sure the braids are definitely longer than their real hair to avoid this problem.

curlyj

Hi

I know the feeling...Try a wig if you dont want to do a weave just now. But if you love your natural, keep it...blow it out or get a soft press or flat braid style...

I wore a phony pony or a bun ALL summer long, it was hard but the benefits were well worth it...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I feel ya Country gal. I get bored all the time, but doing different styles does help with not staying bored.

A while back, I wore 3 styles in 1 day! :grin: There was another time where I wore medium size twists and then redid them that night to smaller size twists. I really need to leave my hair alone but I can't just stick to one style. :weird:

gelati

Countrygal, just last night I told my husband I'm bored with my hair and I can't do nothing with this kinky, nappy 4g hair!!!!:eek: He just looked at me and said you will get over it. So what I'm going to do is plait it up in nice size box plaits and wear it in a bun so I can exercise and get up and go. Tuesday I had my hair out and I couldn't put it in no kind of style and mind you I had to pick up my twins from football practice. I put my hair in six ponytail because that all I could do in short time because I can't get one big ponytail yet.:eek: I looked like a oversized little girl!!!:lachen: My twins was looking at my head but they didn't say anything. So try some plaits, weave or press and curl. But don't get a perm because you are one of my hair inspirations!!!!:cool: I wish they had a product that wasn't a chemical and straighten out natural hair just a little bit!!!!:lachen:

Cheleigh, your hair is beautiful and it grew so much!!!! I'm in the same boat as you, I want color so bad but I'm scared!!!! That's why I'm going to try some henna real soon. Cheleigh, read some of the henna treads and look at the different colors you could get from henna.:look: Maybe you might like the henna and let me know what your coloring decision will be.

lala

I don't know if this was reco'd, but have you ever just rollerset your hair? I used to do that when my hair was natural and my hair was so healthy and bouncy. It would straighten it out some too, so it looked as if I had a light press 'n curl.

hopeful

Hey CountryGal, sorry to hear you are bored with your hair. I've noticed that sometimes I think I'm bored with my hair but I'm really just bored, period. I know that may not be the case for you but I figured it couldn't hurt to give you my opinion. Sometimes you need a new lipstick color, pair of earrings, new outifit, new work-out routine, need to meet new people, etc. Don't you go fooling with that pretty hair too much! If you do straighten it though, I wanna see pics:). Good luck girl.

Country gal

gelati said:
Countrygal, just last night I told my husband I'm bored with my hair and I can't do nothing with this kinky, nappy 4g hair!!!!:eek: He just looked at me and said you will get over it. So what I'm going to do is plait it up in nice size box plaits and wear it in a bun so I can exercise and get up and go. Tuesday I had my hair out and I couldn't put it in no kind of style and mind you I had to pick up my twins from football practice. I put my hair in six ponytail because that all I could do in short time because I can't get one big ponytail yet.:eek: I looked like a oversized little girl!!!:lachen: My twins was looking at my head but they didn't say anything. So try some plaits, weave or press and curl. But don't get a perm because you are one of my hair inspirations!!!!:cool: I wish they had a product that wasn't a chemical and straighten out natural hair just a little bit!!!!:lachen:

Cheleigh, your hair is beautiful and it grew so much!!!! I'm in the same boat as you, I want color so bad but I'm scared!!!! That's why I'm going to try some henna real soon. Cheleigh, read some of the henna treads and look at the different colors you could get from henna.:look: Maybe you might like the henna and let me know what your coloring decision will be.

Thank you baby. :grin: I need to come up with new styles. I wear my hair either in two strand twists or afro puffs. :confused: I will probably invest in a stylist from time to time.

Country gal

Hopeful- I need to lose weight so I focused on changing my hair. Smart right. :lol: I figure hair is easier to manipulate than me getting in shape.

I don't want a perm but I may need to straighten my hair to break up the monotony.

Lala- I never tried rollersetting my hair. I feel it may look a hot mess. I guess I could try it over the weekend.

czyfaith77

Country gal said:
Nappy- I got to do something to this mess. I want straight hair again but no perm.

If you do not want to go heat and you want straight hair either do a wig or a full head sew-in weave.

Jas123

The Star of a Story
I'm not natural, but I'm bored too..I've been wearing my hair pulled back for 2 years and a protective bun for for about 6 mos of those 2 years. I'm due for my next relaxer on 1/1/07 and I will start wearing my hair down more often.
CG..do you ever flat iron your hair?