I'm Cutting My Hair Off! I need your help!

Re: Would I look right with short hair? Please read!

I think you would look very cute with a cropped cut! You have a pretty face for a cute cut. I am thinking about going short and relaxed again myself with longer layers on top for "mohawking". . .Even though I want long hair, I think short hair really fits me! My only thing is, I remember what a pain short hair can be, so I think the right cut and the right products are crucial.

Why not try a wig first and see if you really like it?
Good luck :)

classimami713 said:
I think you would look very cute with a cropped cut! You have a pretty face for a cute cut. I am thinking about going short and relaxed again myself with longer layers on top for "mohawking". . .Even though I want long hair, I think short hair really fits me! My only thing is, I remember what a pain short hair can be, so I think the right cut and the right products are crucial.

Why not try a wig first and see if you really like it?
Good luck :)

Thanks Classi! A short wig is a really good idea...I think that I will try that. What exactly are the pains of a short cut?

What's making you want to opt for a short cut?.....

For me the pains of a short cut were
almost everyday heat, frequent relaxers b/c it newgrowth "shows through' so much faster, frequent salon visits b/c I could not get my cut curled/stlyed as good as she--plus---wasn't easy to have a fix when having a bad hair day--couldn't just pull it back.

LilChocolateMa said:
What exactly are the pains of a short cut?
Well, if a cut is done right, the hair will fall into place with just some hand styling. Back when I was short and relaxed (before I found hair boards) it took a lot of maintenance to look good.

IMO, a short cut has to be sharp always because it's easy to look "boyish" or not feminine if it's not styled. For me, that meant curling every day (a BIG no-no), using pomades to spike it just right, washing weekly, wrapping under a dryer, curling all over again, going to get it shaped and trimmed every 2 weeks, etc. I had 3 different sized curling irons for the different lengths. It was a lot of work, but I always got compliments on my hair. Longer hair is easier because you can just wear a bun or ponytail after you wash without looking crazy. :lol:

I got the spikey look today and I am :love: it!:grin: You would look good in either long or short,though. I am partical to the spikey look myself ;) .

LilChocolateMa said:
Thanks Classi! A short wig is a really good idea...I think that I will try that. What exactly are the pains of a short cut?

I have a short spiky cut and I love it to death. But you become a slave to the hair salon. You have to go at least biweeklyn.If you cant do your hair yourself you will look a mess. :ohwell: (and trust me....i have had my broke moments) I have the mohawky thing going on with my sides really tapered and i really dont have to do much to my hair . I put a little pomade on the sides and comb up the middle. And when its not done you dont have too many options. Slicking it all down for the most part looks a mess...and its hard to curl your hair urself...even with the teenie tiny curling irons because the hairdressers use flat irons and they look much better. If you have more questions about short hair you can pm me.

I think you would look great with short hair.
HTH

Covagirlm said:
I have a short spiky cut and I love it to death. But you become a slave to the hair salon. You have to go at least biweeklyn.If you cant do your hair yourself you will look a mess. :ohwell: (and trust me....i have had my broke moments) I have the mohawky thing going on with my sides really tapered and i really dont have to do much to my hair . I put a little pomade on the sides and comb up the middle. And when its not done you dont have too many options. Slicking it all down for the most part looks a mess...and its hard to curl your hair urself...even with the teenie tiny curling irons because the hairdressers use flat irons and they look much better. If you have more questions about short hair you can pm me.

I think you would look great with short hair.
HTH

not LilChocolateMa but I currently have short hair. Could I pm you if I have any questions as well? tia

tishee said:
not LilChocolateMa but I currently have short hair. Could I pm you if I have any questions as well? tia

Of course you can :)

Back