I'm Giving Up The Vits...

LadyBlu

For at least 6 months, I have swallowed 9 pills in the AM and 5 pills in the PM all in the name of growth, and I really don't see much results.

I have been taking:

Nioxin
Viviscal
Multi Vitamin
Flax Oil/Evening Primrose Oil
Silica
MSM
Biotin
....and all I seem to get is a really healthy bladder (between the vits and the water, I am going at LEAST 20 times a day).

Not only is it expensive, it's just nerve racking. I am seriously considering doing a KISS regimen and cutting back to a multi only. I am sure that there are ladies here that have grown without taking tons of miracle pills. We'll see...:ohwell:

KAT25

I think the KISS is great and if you think that doing the multi-vitamin will be a good move then I say go for it and who knows you might get better growth with just one vitamin.

I am going for KISS in 08 too.

Moroni

*GASP* Viviscal IS expensive!!! It didn't work for you after 6 months???? Wow! And I was considering taking it! Whew!

Did you have any reactions while taking your supplements?

guudhair

I stopped taking my multivitamins and biotin last week...I probably start back taking my multi's though just because...but for some reason, I have more energy since I've stopped....maybe it's the green smoothies I've started drinking.

tt8

Maybe a digestive enzyme supplement would help. I take one every time i take my vitamins to help make sure they break down.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! Digestive enzymes are a vitamin enhancer that ensures that they are delivered into the bloodstream and not attacked and dissolved by your stomach acids. Taking vitamins at night also help with their absorbtion in your bloodstream cause the body is in a resting state and replenishing what it has lost during the day and the vitamins at this time aid in this process and have a less possibility being peed out of your system...And lastly taking the digestive enzyme a 5-10 minutes before vits ( I bite into my vits so they can quickly get into my system faster and have less time in my stomach with my acids cause i suffer from IBS)

Also i've noticed that Viviscal works better with a B-12 vitamin...HTH

amwcah

I know how you feel LadyBlu. I few months back I was taking about 5 different supplements up to 3 times per day. Well, that didn't last long for me. Now, I just began taking them again, but I cut back considerably. I now take a multivitamin, biotin, and flaxseed oil. I can do this once per day.

Andreainnis

I believe the makers of Viviscal claim that you need to take it for at least 8 months to a year before you begin to see results and after that just one a day to maintain results.:ohwell:

AvaSpeaks

For at least 6 months, I have swallowed 9 pills in the AM and 5 pills in the PM all in the name of growth, and I really don't see much results.

I have been taking:

Nioxin
Viviscal
Multi Vitamin
Flax Oil/Evening Primrose Oil
Silica
MSM
Biotin
....and all I seem to get is a really healthy bladder (between the vits and the water, I am going at LEAST 20 times a day).

Not only is it expensive, it's just nerve racking. I am seriously considering doing a KISS regimen and cutting back to a multi only. I am sure that there are ladies here that have grown without taking tons of miracle pills. We'll see...:ohwell:

Maybe it's not how much your taking, but what your taking.

Some vitamins and supplements don't play well with others, therefore decreasing their potency. Also, certain minerals you may need may not be present in the pills you are taking.

I suggest you try GNC UltraNourishair. Cut down on some of those products, especially if you are not seeing any results. The UltraNourishair has silica in it.

vevster

I would decrease the number of TYPE Of supplements and increase the amounts of certain supplements.

You seem to be taking a lot but maybe not enough of each one?

Try my alta silica challenge! Just take alta silica 3-4 tabs / day and see your hair GROW!!!!

ms jadu

LadyBlu I want suggest a few things-

1) switch to a liquid vit to enter your bloodstream faster
2) take a multi-mineral to assist vits to ensure vits do their function
3) Take an enzyme to make sure vits are properly digesting

These may help you to see faster results and for good overall health.