I'm Gonna Do Mom's Hair

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I\'m Gonna Do Mom\'s Hair

Bless her heart--she is faithfully at the salon every 2 weeks but her hairstylist is sorry.
My mother has this hairstylist-loyalty thing though...

Anyway, her hair is colored and she gets it rollerset every 2 weeks (nothing done in between--she rolls it at night) . But get this--her stylist doesn't condition her hair. She shampoos it with CON and then sets it with setting lotion.
I think if you pay for the salon--you should get salon quality (not CON) and salon treatment. (HELLO--let's condition the colored hair!)

Anyway, I bought one of those sprayer thingies from Sally's and I'm going to use my Deep Brilliance Hydration Shampoo and Reconstruct conditioner on her. Then I'm going to roller set her hair with Salerm21
and Semi di Lino Serum.

Any other suggestions from you colored gals?????

candibaby

Re: I\'m Gonna Do Mom\'s Hair

I think what you plan to do, just make sure they are deep conditions! If there's one thing I've learned is that my colored hair needs lots of good conditioning.

renee_n_3000

I don't have suggestions for colored hair, but I think it's great that you are going to relax your Mom's hair! I usually relax my mother's hair for her and she gets touchups with the same frequency I do - about three times a year, maybe less. Neither one of us goes to salons much anymore. Once in a while she will get it done at a salon and I tell her to make sure they don't overlap, etc., but I don't know if she does.

My Mom doesn't use conditioner on her hair when she shampoos it at home, even though I bought her some and told her how important it is! Surprisingly, that doesn't seem to negatively affect her hair because it always looks healthy and pretty.

Oh...I do remember that when my mother used to color her hair, she used Revlon Realistic in mild formula for her touchups and it worked well.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

[ QUOTE ]
renee_n_3000 said:
I don't have suggestions for colored hair, but I think it's great that you are going to relax your Mom's hair! I usually relax my mother's hair for her and she gets touchups with the same frequency I do - about three times a year, maybe less. Neither one of us goes to salons much anymore. Once in a while she will get it done at a salon and I tell her to make sure they don't overlap, etc., but I don't know if she does.

My Mom doesn't use conditioner on her hair when she shampoos it at home, even though I bought her some and told her how important it is! Surprisingly, that doesn't seem to negatively affect her hair because it always looks healthy and pretty.

Oh...I do remember that when my mother used to color her hair, she used Revlon Realistic in mild formula for her touchups and it worked well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh gosh no! I won't be relaxing it--I'm not that good.

Tracy, I'm gonna use the Semi di Lino serum on her. Do you suggest another one? I have some of the Salerm Vital.

renee_n_3000

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Oh gosh no! I won't be relaxing it--

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh my goodness, I just reread your post and you don't mention relaxing it at all! I must be
today! Sorry!

ladylibra_30

don't forget to clarify her hair BEFORE you start your routine, supergirl. that way her hair will have a fresh start and 'take' the treatment you will be doing.

Tracy

Sorry I missed that...

The Semi di Lino will be puuuurfect.

Angelicus

I used my most favorite, expensive products on my mom the three times i did her hair. Then 20 minutes later, her hair looked... you know. I just let her be now. I understand that she doesn't care about her hair.

Yes yes yes Supergirl, use the semi di lino... but um what about NTM leave-in too?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

[ QUOTE ]
ladylibra_30 said:
don't forget to clarify her hair BEFORE you start your routine, supergirl. that way her hair will have a fresh start and 'take' the treatment you will be doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

H*LL, she doesn't have any freakin' build up--'cause her stylist doesn't put conditioner in her hair!

I actually thought about clarifying it, but actually decided against it because her hair is so dry from having color and not being conditioned.

cutebajangirl

You can try a pre shampoo treatment for buffering against the force of water etc. Then do the clarifying and continue on.

ladylibra_30

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
You can try a pre shampoo treatment for buffering against the force of water etc. Then do the clarifying and continue on.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree cute...

although her stylist did'nt use a separate conditioner, con has 'conditioners' that are added.
i have colored hair and clarifying does'nt hurt.

debyjay

It can't help but be good for your mom! I do my mom's hair all the time, everything, relax, color, cut, etc. I can't get her to go to a hairdresser for nothing -- even if I offer to pay!

LEOLADYSW

I don't have my mother anymore, but I do my aunt's hair. I think it is great you are doing your mom's hair!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

[ QUOTE ]
LEOLADYSW said:
I don't have my mother anymore, but I do my aunt's hair. I think it is great you are doing your mom's hair!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww, please don't make me cry.
Bless your heart.

Ms. K,

I'm going to do it later on today.

LEOLADYSW

Thank you for your sympathy Supergirl. It has been 4 years, and it still brings tears to my eyes.