I'm having issues with my ends - please help

Superfly Sister

I'm having issues with about 2 inches of my ends :( the ends catch and end up so tangled, I also get single strand knots and I hate it. My main issue is how my ends will tangle/stick together, it's so annoying.

I use moisturiser on my ends, mainly coconut oil and jojoba. The rest of my hair from the root is doing just fine :D nice and healthy, not much shedding.

Can any one offer any advice/help? :look: Thank you in advance.

gissellr78

I'm having issues with about 2 inches of my ends :( the ends catch and end up so tangled, I also get single strand knots and I hate it. My main issue is how my ends will tangle/stick together, it's so annoying.

I use moisturiser on my ends, mainly coconut oil and jojoba. The rest of my hair from the root is doing just fine :D nice and healthy, not much shedding.

Can any one offer any advice/help? :look: Thank you in advance.

My hair does that is sooooo f%*%&%* annoying.... thats why sometimes i choose to keep it up in a pony

MsOmri

I've cut nearly 5 inches over the past year b/c I was so sick of this. As soon as I get to APL its starts to tangle.

I hope someone post some suggestions as I asked this question a couple of days ago (Tangle City) but really only got suggestions for detangling during washes.

It's very frustrating. I pack a clip in my purse because eventually I have to pin it up or I have tons of knots by the end of the day.

Sorry no help

gissellr78

I've cut nearly 5 inches over the past year b/c I was so sick of this. As soon as I get to APL its starts to tangle.

I hope someone post some suggestions as I asked this question a couple of days ago (Tangle City) but really only got suggestions for detangling during washes.

It's very frustrating. I pack a clip in my purse because eventually I have to pin it up or I have tons of knots by the end of the day.

Sorry no help

OMG am not the only one..thank u lord!...I carry a wide tooth comb in my purse, my desk at work, bathroom, bedroom...EVERYWHERE:wallbash:

Out of the 3 days i let it loose i pick it up by 5pm.

hillytmj

Hello,
When I had this problem in the past, it was the result of airdrying my hair. Once I went back to weekly rollersets under a hooded dryer, I didn't have the tangled ends/knots anymore.

One more thing - another hair board and my stylist suggested that I had the tangled ends and knots because I wasn't using the right products and I wasn't fully rinsing the products out when washing/conditioning. I switched from Kenra to Biolage and started washing/cond in the bathtub. The tub faucet has a much stronger water pressure than the shower.

I'm not sure which particular technique fixed the problem, but I certainly haven't had the tangled ends/knots since incorporating all of these techniques.

Hope this helps!

HarlemHottie

Well I guess I'll be watching this thread with the hopes someone will post something to slove this end problem... Mines are crunchy as well (note sig photo)....

Curlee_lurker

LA face/low class booty
I just cut them off. When I feel crunchiness there's usually some split ends in there too.

anyhow...bumping for you.

Artemis

Hey Superfly! :giggle:

Can you hold your ends up to a light source (lamp, etc) and see if the ends are lighter or in any way different from the rest of the hair...and then report back what you see?

Also, do you spray any leave in on your ends (if only a light misting) before you put on the oil?

Irresistible

I cant deal with bad ends

I just trim them all off, just did this and my ends are friggin AMAZING now

they just twirl and curl and or all soft and smooth

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
Now that I think about it ladies...this just happened to me! I cut off 3 inchess of my ends b/c of tangling and thinning..was close to APL...Oh well I know how baby the ends and will keep an eye out for trouble. You might have to cut those ends off superfly if it hinders your hairstyles.

alopeciagrl

Oh So long hair ladies have problems too? All the ladies who have BSL and beyond seem to have such beautiful hair I the hair was immune to distruction?

I'm just kidding I know we all have issue but, maybe you can try dusting or a trim followed by split end bath. Soak the ends of the hair in olive oil or carrier oil of choice for at least 15 minutes with a heated towel. This will helps repair my ends and hopefully will help your hair keep from being tangled since it comes out very silky and smooth after the treatment.

Junebug D

My ends are weird too. They just feel crunchy and different from the rest of the hair. But when I look at them, they look healthy. They're just as thick as the rest of the strand, no knots, no splitting. They just feel rough and bushy. I don't know if this is normal or what. I would hate to cut off hair if it's unnecessary.

Lucky's Mom

WOW!!! Everyone Cuts them?

I don't... But I find that I dont really have to. I use LOTS of conditioner on the ends when I dc, and I pin my hair up to get as much heat on them as possible in order to keep them in shape.

I still get knots...but very, VERY few. I also put lots of butters on my ends at night.
It may be your products, or it could be how you condish.
Good luck.

aurora3140

They are the oldest part of the strand and have been subjected to the most manipulation. I have a feeling this happens to most people once their hair reaches a certain length, so I'm not sure cutting your hair will solve the problem permanently. The ends might eventually end up feeling the same once the hair grows out again.

Maybe try using a light serum on your ends, like Fantasia Frizz Buster, when you wear your hair down. Hopefully the slip will prevent tangles.

Last edited:

Artemis

I think the important thing is to figure out WHY the ends got in that predicament in the first place, so the if you do have to end up cutting them off you know how to prevent it from happening again. What's the point in cutting them off if they're just gonna grow back and do the same thing over and over again.