I'm jealous of girls with curls.....

JLove74

I was at the salon today and this young lady walked in with a head full of beautiful natural curly hair. It looked so shiny and healthy. I was just starring (she probably thought something was wrong with me :) ). I was starting to daydream about what I would look like with my natural hair. Got a little jealous, but in a good way. Am I the only one that gets like that when I see girls with curls?

SO1913 - yep, I'm jealous of your curls, too. :)

leleepop

Thats y I am transitioning, since I've started getting serious about my regimen I have stopped using alot of heat, and wearing my hair in braidout amd twistouts. I am really enjoying the curly look so that what encouraged me the just go au natural.

happycakes

Yes, I think it about every day. I saw this girl on the bus today and she had her natural hair pulled up in a pony puff. She has the prettiest waves I've ever seen and I was sooo jealous ( in a good way of course). I was thinking, that could be me, but I'd have to wait soooo long to get to that length.

I have been stretching for 3 months and I have these little tiny waves just like her hair in the front, however, I still have about 12 inches of straight relaxed hair. Now my straight hair is jealous of these little waves.

I don't know what I want to do with this 4b hair. I love natural curly hair, but I love straight waist length hair too. :ohwell:

Tayw29

I feel that way as well and have decided to transition as well :grin:. i want curls too, SO1913 and Bublnbrwnsuga, kitchen_tician and a few more i cant think of i cant think of at the moment have inspired me to make the move. I am determined to have pretty healthy natural curly hair.

rdm

I am jealous of the curly girls too!!! If my hair looked like that, I would never relax my hair. Aint nothing wrong with my 4a/4b though!!!

B

Bublnbrnsuga

Can I be honest with yall?

Having curly hair is not what it's cracked up to be, for real. This stuff gets entangled, mangled, etc. I love my hair and all and used to want it curlier, but to me, super curly hair has no style. It just hangs and curls. I prefer slightly frizzy hair. :) Sometimes curly heads' hair looks thin to me.

Also you have to deal with this: I have several different textures of curls. Talk about issues!!! One section shrinks and curls, the other section slight bends, etc, etc.

camellia

Bublnbrnsuga said:

Having curly hair is not what it's cracked up to be, for real. This stuff gets entangled, mangled, etc. I love my hair and all and used to want it curlier, but to me, super curly hair has no style. It just hangs and curls. I prefer slightly frizzy hair. :) Sometimes curly heads' hair looks thin to me.

Also you have to deal with this: I have several different textures of curls. Talk about issues!!! One section shrinks and curls, the other section slight bends, etc, etc.

Yes.:yep:

I can soooo relate to this! It's the main reason I've given up on trying to type my own hair.

Wishin4BSL

pinkopulence said:
Yes, I think it about every day. I saw this girl on the bus today and she had her natural hair pulled up in a pony puff. She has the prettiest waves I've ever seen and I was sooo jealous ( in a good way of course). I was thinking, that could be me, but I'd have to wait soooo long to get to that length.

I have been stretching for 3 months and I have these little tiny waves just like her hair in the front, however, I still have about 12 inches of straight relaxed hair. Now my straight hair is jealous of these little waves.

I don't know what I want to do with this 4b hair. I love natural curly hair, but I love straight waist length hair too. :ohwell:

I feel exactly the same way! And I also know a girl who I had a class with with gorgeous 4b hair and she had great styles every day...but I hate styling my relaxed hair (although I do it) and it's supposed to be easier. I think that I wouldn't hesitate to transition if I could EVER find a really good detangler, which I haven't!!!

cmw45

Well...I have really curly hair...and I love it:D ...even when it takes me like two hours to detangle...but some of you ladies sure have pretty heads:grin: ...and if I had your heads when I decided to transition...I can't say with all honesty that it would have happened.:look:

good2uuuu

I'm with Bubbln on this one. I love my hair, but unlike hers, mine is thin, and I am in a love/hate relationship with it. I love therverstility, but there are days:mad:. I wish I could do two strand twists, but my hair looks sooooo anorexic when I do. However, I do love my fro and my puffs! And wash n' gos? Convenient! And frizz does not bother me at all. Plus I rarely use an umbrella. There are pros and cons. That's for sure.

AtlantaJJ

JLove74 said:
I was at the salon today and this young lady walked in with a head full of beautiful natural curly hair. It looked so shiny and healthy. I was just starring (she probably thought something was wrong with me :) ). I was starting to daydream about what I would look like with my natural hair. Got a little jealous, but in a good way. Am I the only one that gets like that when I see girls with curls?

You make me sick because you are always so right. :p I've been stalking So1913 for a minute...got mad at Miss Jessies business because there should be one in every metro area. AND you get relaxers every 6 months so hello, you are a perfect curly candidate... your hair is easy to deal with sans relaxer.

Your daydream is a future reality for you girl...

AtlantaJJ

good2uuuu said:
I'm with Bubbln on this one. I love my hair, but unlike hers, mine is thin, and I am in a love/hate relationship with it. I love therverstility, but there are days:mad:. I wish I could do two strand twists, but my hair looks sooooo anorexic when I do. However, I do love my fro and my puffs! And wash n' gos? Convenient! And frizz does not bother me at all. Plus I rarely use an umbrella. There are pros and cons. That's for sure.
Have I mentioned that you are stunninly beautiful to me...you remind me of one of my fave cousins Mabel who has been a corprate CEO for a couple of F 500 companies and she has a very simular look as you and she rocked the twa back in the early 90's on up... no shame in her game because of her positions within the companies she worked for!

Go Mabel...my hero

katote

good2uuuu said:

This is so true! My hair is curly and thin as well, and my two strand twists looks like they are on crack. I remember stalking albums like Carefree, Seoul, Yante Coi etc. Those were my inspiration when I BC. I was thinking shoot my hair is going to look just like that, and to my surprise my hair just did not do the same thing. I have come to love my fine curly hair, but every once in awhile I still get a little jealous of my natural sister with beautiful twists.

caligirl

Yeah, I remember being jealous of women with natural hair. They seemed so...natural and carefree. So that's what made me transition.

KiSseS03

JLove74 said:

Hmmm... I think we may have another transitioner on the board in the near future!

Seriously though, try it out and see if you like it!

Qetesh

i am jealous when i see females with perfectly curly hair or at least it looks tht way like So1913. my hair has alot of serious different textures going on and that annoys me, it litterally grows out of my head different in some areas and i hate that. i am happy that my hair is not too thin and i am starting to accept my frizzy wavy top curly bottom head of hair. also my lenth is at a strange stage when curly because it is just below my shoulders.so it ends up being fluffed up by them.

firecracker

Curls come in so many shapes and sizes. I am always amazed and in awe. I am also the same for relaxed curls namely rollerset curls. Boy I miss that but love the carefree life too much. :)

JLove you thinking about going natural one day?

bluediamond0829

okay thats why im transition too...So1913's curls are so nice...i dont want super curly hair because i have fine/thin hair i guess they call it type 4 hair so i know it wont be thick....and i remember a friend of mine from elementary school that i grew up with had naturally curly hair becuase she was biracial and that girl had the hardest time with it..but what i love about people hair is the versatility...if I can switch from curls like So1913, to a afro puff, to a straight look without alot(and i mean alot) of work....then thats down my alley right there...

Cheleigh

firecracker said:
Curls come in so many shapes and sizes. I am always amazed and in awe.

I too love seeing the huge variety that curls come in. From super tight curls like Poohbear to tight like Blackcardinal to slightly loose like So1913 to loose like Cichelle or wavies like Testimony and everyone in between. Just beautiful curls and waves.

glamazon386

JLove74 said:

I felt this way too JLove. I love curly hair. Especially big curly hair. Curly hair looks better with my features. I got tired of paying out the behind to buy big curly expensive weaves so I decided to just grow my own. lol The only sucky part about it, is that it's gonna take a long time for my hair to grow to be as long as I want it. :lachen: So I'll probably still weave it until it grows out. Ahh well at least I'm headed in the right direction... :ohwell:

JLove74

KiSseS03 said:
Hmmm... I think we may have another transitioner on the board in the near future!

Seriously though, try it out and see if you like it!

I have been seriously considering it. When I first joined the board I would never read any of the post concerning natural hair, because it didn't pertain to me. But now everytime someone starts a thread about transitioning - I'm all up in it!!! I figure if I can go 5-6 months without a relaxer and not have a hard time dealing with my hair, surely I can try to go natural.

So........I just had a touchup in November, Imma see how my hair does without a touchup til Aug:eek: I don't think I can do the big chop, but we'll see.

Blu217

Seems we always want what we don't have--cause we think the grass is greener. I sometimes envy the curly girls because it's so pretty and natural tends to look gorgeous on them. BUT what I envy more are women who don't need to relax. If I didn't need to relax (and I consider it a NEED for me personally), curly or straight, I'd be in HEAVEN!

neenzmj

I suspect it's always true that the grass looks greener. I have curly hair, which I have honestly grown to love over the past few years, but every now and then I still want to have the bone straight look. When that happens, I really have to focus on the positives of my own hair type and shift my focus. With the help of the great suggestions on this board, I've learned how to take better care of my hair and when those times arise when I just HAVE to have straight hair, I get my "flat iron fix" and I'm good to go for awhile longer!

tsiporah

Bublnbrnsuga said:

Bubls,

You are my hair twin. My hair is exactly like yours!!!:D

Cichelle

I've always loved SUPER curly hair. I mean much curlier than mine. Not to say I don't love my hair. It's just when I see the girls with healthy curly, curly curls, I'm like....WOW!

SouthernGirl

JLove74 said:

I'm with ya girlie! That's EXACTLY why I'm transitioning!! Curls like so1913's and neenzmj make me drool!

SG

Proudpiscean

neenzmj said:
I suspect it's always true that the grass looks greener. I have curly hair, which I have honestly grown to love over the past few years, but every now and then I still want to have the bone straight look. When that happens, I really have to focus on the positives of my own hair type and shift my focus. With the help of the great suggestions on this board, I've learned how to take better care of my hair and when those times arise when I just HAVE to have straight hair, I get my "flat iron fix" and I'm good to go for awhile longer!

I agree! This is what I plan to do after completing my transition :yep:
You have beautiful hair btw!;)

Proudpiscean

JLove74 said:
I have been seriously considering it. When I first joined the board I would never read any of the post concerning natural hair, because it didn't pertain to me. But now everytime someone starts a thread about transitioning - I'm all up in it!!! I figure if I can go 5-6 months without a relaxer and not have a hard time dealing with my hair, surely I can try to go natural.

So........I just had a touchup in November, Imma see how my hair does without a touchup til Aug:eek: I don't think I can do the big chop, but we'll see.

Go for it! I'm not doing a BC either. I don't really see a need to BC, the end result will be the same.... it'll just take us a little longer to get there :lol:

chayil0427

No you're not! And I stare too. I saw a girl at the craft store where I was picking up some yarn with a flowing head of thick BSL curls and I stared and I wanted em!

Curls are just beautiful, but the more I get into caring for my own hair the more I appreciate what's unique and beautiful about it too.

Chayil