Im loosing hair! Help!

jazzybklyn

So on saturday I drop curled my hair, used holding spray, Elasta qp glaze, and hair spray I felt bad for doing this and from Monday- now I put Elasta qp mango butter and put my hair up in a bun because I didn't have time to wash it. I washed it just now with Elasta qp creme conditioning shampoo and conditioned with Shescentit avocado conditioner for about 45 min. I lost so much hair!! ( well I'm not sure if this is normal but it don't look so to me) my hair feels good but it shed crazily! Even b4 this wash I noticed I have been loosing too much hair for my liking.

This is what I got out the drain.. Help me y'all I'm hyperventilating over here

image-4203599047.jpg

I'm relaxed btw

DrC said:
It could be from the hairspray and holding spray.

Yeaaa I'm thinking that, but they last few washes/ cowashes I kinda lost a lot too.more than usual... Not as much as this though

how often do you detangle and how are you detangling? is this hair that was detangled or hair you pulled out of your hair just by touching? did you catch this hair in the shower/sink?

shortdub78 said:
how often do you detangle and how are you detangling? is this hair that was detangled or hair you pulled out of your hair just by touching? did you catch this hair in the shower/sink?

I didn't since sat b4 I curled it with the curling iron and I use a wide tooth comb... Both! When I was rinsing out the conditioner I saw hair dangling and I pulled it gently and it came out like butter,, some hair came out on it's own, yeaa I caught the hair in the shower drain, and when I just detangled with my wide tooth comb just now after towel drying and b4 twisting even though my hair felt soft there was hair in the comb kind of a lot too but I didn't feel it snapping or anything

jazzybklyn said:
About every 3 months
Protein about every other week

Which protein treatment are you using? Maybe the protein is too strong, causing breakage.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Idek because some are long and some are short, they look shed though

If you look at the end of the strands, there will be a little bulb if the hair is shed and nothing if the hair was broken. It'll be important to know whether the hair was shed or broken in order to know how to remedy it.

If you use more protein and you don't need it, you may experience more shedding and/or breakage.

Also, if you hadn't combed your hair much for the week, it's likely that amount could have been the accumulation of hairs shed for the week.:yep:

jazzybklyn, I think you're making much ado about nothing. You haven't manipulated your hair since Saturday and hair's supposed to shed about 50-100 hairs a day. So of course after a few days of not combing your hair, when you do eventually manipulate it, all the hundreds of hairs that shed every day until then will come out.

What you're holding in your hand doesn't look like enough shed hair to me. Methinks you still have more in there. That's about what I'd expect to see shed in one day by someone with your length of hair.

Platinum said:
Which protein treatment are you using? Maybe the protein is too strong, causing breakage.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I use hair mayo, alter ego garlic hot oil treatment ( by know if it's protein), Elasta qp DPR+11 or ORS hair masque

MzSwift said:
If you look at the end of the strands, there will be a little bulb if the hair is shed and nothing if the hair was broken. It'll be important to know whether the hair was shed or broken in order to know how to remedy it.

If you use more protein and you don't need it, you may experience more shedding and/or breakage.

Also, if you hadn't combed your hair much for the week, it's likely that amount could have been the accumulation of hairs shed for the week.:yep:

Yes!! I deff noticed some bulbs on a lot of them, not all though

@jazzybklyn, I think you're making much ado about nothing. You haven't manipulated your hair since Saturday and hair's supposed to shed about 50-100 hairs a day. So of course after a few days of not combing your hair, when you do eventually manipulate it, all the hundreds of hairs that shed every day until then will come out.

What you're holding in your hand doesn't look like enough shed hair to me. Methinks you still have more in there. That's about what I'd expect to see shed in one day by someone with your length of hair.

was going to say this. that hairspray was holding all the sheds in :yep:

Nonie said:
jazzybklyn, I think you're making much ado about nothing. You haven't manipulated your hair since Saturday and hair's supposed to shed about 50-100 hairs a day. So of course after a few days of not combing your hair, when you do eventually manipulate it, all the hundreds of hairs that shed every day until then will come out.

Ok thanks this makes me feel better, this is why I said I'm not sure if this is considered a lot in the beginning because I really am not sure, yeaaa I understand but I also noticed that more hair has been shedding than b4, thanks though

Each time I wash my hair you'd think I was balding by looking at the amount of hair I shed. My hair is long and the sheer length of each strand makes it look like sooo much hair. That clump in the pic looks about right to me for a week, it actually doesn't even look like enough lol, I agree with @Nonie, you probably have more to come :lol:

I'd put money on the holding spray causing this.... It probably normal but with the spray locking your hair together the hair that normally falls out never got a chance, then you put it in a bun so no/low manipulation...it doesn't look that bad doll =)

SerenavanderWoodsen said:
Each time I wash my hair you'd think I was balding by looking at the amount of hair I shed. My hair is long and the sheer length of each strand makes it look like sooo much hair. That clump in the pic looks about right to me for a week, it actually doesn't even look like enough lol, I agree with @Nonie, you probably have more to come :lol:

Lmao ok now I feel psycho, thanks though I feel kinda relieved

Mjon912 said:
I'd put money on the holding spray causing this.... It probably normal but with the spray locking your hair together the hair that normally falls out never got a chance, then you put it in a bun so no/low manipulation...it doesn't look that bad doll =)

Thanks! Wasn't used to seeing that much! I feel better :)

Back