I'm mad that I grew an inch of hair in only..

LaRobinWolfe76

3 weeks while trying to loose weight. I have been on a very intense exercise,supplement and vitamin, high protein and complex carb regimen for the past 2 mos.My stylist and I noticed an extreme growth in my hair 3 weeks ago during my relaxer application but I was trying to crimp my hair yesterday and I noticed I was having a difficult time trying to get the comb through it and I had to have my husband help me and we noticed that I had an inch of new growth and I am furious.First because my main focus and concern right now is my weight loss and I don't have the time to take care of my hair if its growing at that speed and now my hair is big and puffy and I can't get another relaxer for at least 3-4 weeks.Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

EbonyEyes

I'm...uh...sorry?

I'm just messing with you! :lol:

But when you take care of your body, your hair benefits as well.

What products are you using currently?

Some ladies have had success with glycerin-based products such as s-curl, sta-sof-fro, and world-of-curls when trying to comb out their new growth.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
I have never experienced that much new hair growth, but why can't you do both. It's obvious your hair doesn't need as much attention since it is growing like a weed. I would put it in a ponytail and keep going.

What products are you using?

Transitioning
Last relaxer- 07/02/2005
Texture-2b/medium???4b/medium ( I haven't figured it out yet)
Length- 2 to 3 inches pass shoulder
Goal-shoulder length 100% natural healthy hair.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t and die to find out there is!- unknown

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Do you think your stylist misapplied your relaxer? :confused: I noticed that since my MTG use, any chemical service I used(relaxer/texturizer) didn't last. I hope you find the answer your looking for. :)

anahnamuslyyours

No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair! No fair!

Oh, sorry. I'm not really twelve. Anyway, I agree with everyone else. Keep focusing on your body, and juss use protective styles.

LaRobinWolfe76

I haven't modified my hair care regimen at all.I've actually been neglecting my hair somewhat.I'm still using the same hair care products that I've been using and I'm accustomed to 2 inches every 8-9 weeks.I've had the same product line for years which is:

One week after my Affirm Relaxer (touch up) I shampoo with Nexxus Aloe Rid and Nexxus Botanoil and condition with Aveda Deep Penetrating Conditoner.Then for the next 8-9 weeks I only use Nexxus Botanoil Shampoo then I alternate between Nexxus Humectress,Nexxus Ensure,Nexxus Keraphix and Nexxus Emergencee Conditioners.The conditon of my hair depends on which conditoner I choose to use.

I use Infusium 23 Moisturizing Leave in Conditioner and I use one dime size application of Keracare Essential Oils and I use ceramic heating tools when I style my hair and that's it and I've been doing this for years.

What I have been doing for the last 2 mos is walking 4.0 mph for 45mins 6 days a week.I've been weight lifting.I have been taking a new product called Max Milk (a protein powder formulated similar to breast milk).I have been taking liquid Iron.A Fat Loss supplement named C3.A supplement named Betagen that contains Creatine and HMB.I've been taking Spirulina and CLA and eating alot of chicken breast,fresh fruit and vegetables.So its got to be the supplements.I probably wouldn't mind the growth if I had the time to take care of it.I spend so much time working out that I've been getting lazy in the area of my haircare and I'm afraid that if I don't take care of the new growth then I'll loose the new hair and the hair that I already have from neglect.

MzTami

Hellerrrr
your hair is beautifull(that with 2 'L's) I say keep on doing what you doing. If it aint broke....Don't touch it!

Best of luck with your weight loss.

Transitioning
Last relaxer- 07/02/2005
Texture-2b/medium???4b/medium ( I haven't figured it out yet)
Length- 2 to 3 inches pass shoulder
Goal-shoulder length 100% natural healthy hair.

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn’t, than live my life as if there isn’t and die to find out there is!- unknown

Koffie

Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it!!!! :lachen:

But really, if your hair stops growing and starts shedding, you'll be complaining about that.

Just take this new growth as a blessing.

I'm sure, some of the other ladies are sitting behind their computer screens gettin' irritated by this thread, judging by some of their responses. :look:

Stormy

Chile please! Ladies would love to have your problem. I for one. :look: Just keep it clean, conditioned, and pull it back into a bun when you can't style it. You'll be ok.

MJ

Don't see why that's a bad thing... :confused:

I'm 11 weeks post relaxer and I barely have 1" (stretched) in most section of my head. Wish I had your "problem"