I'm new!

jamaicanempress

I\'m new!

Hello, everyone!

I'm a new member and have just recently started to read the WEALTH of info on this board. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

All of the threads on vitamins and supplements are great!! For the past year and a half I've been consistently taking a nutritional drink and some vitamins that go with it and it's made my hair healthy. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I definitely know from reading that I need to buy Iron, Zinc, MSM, Silica, and Biotin to go along with what I already have. Thanks ladies and I look forward to hearing more!

- JE

I'm so happy I found this site!! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I started a hair album today too! Here's the link...
http://www.ofoto.com/PhotoView.jsp?UV=375707038357_99705726703&collid=68381726703&photoid=58381726703

ricochet

Re: I\'m new!

You have some beautiful hair Jamaicanempress! What is your current length and regime? /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

NAY007

such nice pictures and i love your hair. especially in the very first picture. is that how long your hair is right now? how long do you want it to be? or do you just want to maintain the health of your hair?
anyway, welcome to the board /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.
nay

Crysdon

WOW! You have the ideal hair...thickness and length.

Have you always had long hair?

jamaicanempress

Thank you so much for the compliments! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I think in the first picture, my hair was about bra strap length. I recently went to the hairdresser and asked her to "TRIM" my hair and she cut off about an inch to 2 inches /images/graemlins/angry2.gif (hater!!)

Anyway, when I was younger, my hair was down to my waist so I really want to shoot for that again!

I basically just wash my hair once a week with Tahitian Noni shampoo and conditioner. I try to deep condition every time I wash w/ the same conditioner. I get a relaxer no more than once every 2 months or so. I don't really take vitamin pills but I take an ounce of the Tahitian Noni juice supplement daily (it's a nutritional suppplement in the same product line)... I love it!

-JE

pebbles

Hi Jamaicanempress,

Welcome to the board! /images/graemlins/smile.gif I love your pictures. You have beautiful hair! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sweetcocoa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
jamaicanempress said:
I basically just wash my hair once a week with Tahitian Noni shampoo and conditioner. I try to deep condition every time I wash w/ the same conditioner. I get a relaxer no more than once every 2 months or so. I don't really take vitamin pills but I take an ounce of the Tahitian Noni juice supplement daily (it's a nutritional suppplement in the same product line)... I love it!
-JE

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi and welcome. Your hair is beautiful! The PJ in my wants to know if you have anymore info on the Tahitian Noni shampoo and conditioner and the nutritional drink... Thanks!

jamaicanempress

Thank you, sweetcocoa /images/graemlins/smile.gif

The Tahitian Noni product line is really huge in the caribbean and is starting to get more popularity in the US too... they have the hair care products and the juice and lots of other stuff like vitamins and protein drinks, etc...

The actual "Noni" is a fruit that originated in French Polynesia. I started taking the juice because the extracts are good for skin/hair and also complete body health. The brand I use (Morinda) isn't sold in stores so I buy it online... here's the link...

http://www.tahitiannoni.com/165287

The site has info on the fruit itself, how it's extracts are used and what it does... i love the shampoo and conditioner... the bottle of juice supplement usually lasts me about a month... if you go to personal care under "shop", you can read the description of the shampoo and conditioner...

hairfanatic

Hi jamaicanempress,

Girl...you have done a FABOULOUS job even without taking all of the other vitamins.! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Welcome to the forum...you hair is simply BEAUTIFUL!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hairfanatic

The site has info on the fruit itself, how it's extracts are used and what it does... i love the shampoo and conditioner... the bottle of juice supplement usually lasts me about a month... if you go to personal care under "shop", you can read the description of the shampoo and conditioner...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow jamaicanempress,

Thank you so much for sharing that website, it has a lot of interesting information. Also, can you please share the ingredients to the shampoo and conditioner? As you can see, I'm not only a "hairfanatic", but an "ingredient fanatic" also! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jamaicanempress

Oh definitely... I'm learning to become one myself /images/graemlins/spinning.gif I just looked at the site again myself and I realize that they only list...

fatty acids (from coconut and palm)
avocado oil
wheat oil
noni oil
no sulfates

I'm at work right now so when I go home I will definitely post exactly what's on my bottles at home. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Whatever they put in it... it works wonders! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crysdon

This description sure caught my attention:

Skin and hair: TAHITIAN NONI Juice contains components that are specifically important to the skin and hair. It also helps carry beneficial substances to the skin.

[/ QUOTE ]

azul11

i've heard a lot of good things about noni and noni juice. i was tempted to try the juice but was worried about the taste. how does it taste? did you have any adverse reactions? they sell this brand at a health food store near me. God bless you all.

jamaicanempress

Azul11,

I think the juice taste like a grape juice to me... because they add grape juice to the noni for flavoring along with natural preservatives for shelf-life. I've grown to really like it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've definitely seen the ones in the health stores like GNC but I'm not sure I trust those brands because alot of them add synthetics and don't taste as good... /images/graemlins/lick.gif The one I use is Morinda Tahitian Noni which Morinda only distributes themselves (not to stores /images/graemlins/frown.gif)

I haven't had any side effects but it varies slightly from person to person since noni works to cleanse the body and then repair damaged and degenerated cells. You can definitely tell it's working the first week or so that you take it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-JE

serena

Welcome to the board, jamaicanempress. /images/graemlins/smile.gif Your hair looks extremely healthy and well-cared for.

tiahes

Welcome /images/graemlins/wave.gif Jamaicanempress!!!
My mother takes the Noni juice, a couple of years ago I used to go over their and drink it but I wasn't really educated on all its benefits, I only drank it because my mother said that it supported a healthy immune system. So it actually works, hmmmm..... /images/graemlins/grin.gif I may have to purchase my own. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Miss Montserrat

Im loving your hair. I just have two questions. What kind of leave in conditioner do you use and does this type of hair run in your family? Its absolutely beautiful. Also, are there any other products that you use when you dont order from this company?
Welcome to the board.

jamaicanempress

Hi guys... again, thank you so much! /images/graemlins/blush.gif

I've got the ingredients to those products as requested by Hairfanatic. I think this is all of the ones I use (see below).

Londondiva, I'm from Kingston... went to Meadowbrook high school and I've been living in the states for about 4 yrs.

To Miss Montserrat, my sister and I pretty much have the same hair type. My mother is Chinese and my father is Black so I guess that mix is what gives me my length and texture. In addition to the Tahitian Noni line, I use 911 leave-in and moisturize with whatever /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif I guess I've gotta be more aware of what I use... /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

-------------------------

TAHITIAN NONI Shampoo Ingredients:
TAHITIAN NONI® juice, Decyl Polyglucose (from Corn), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (from Locust Bean), Cocamidopropyl Betaine (from Coconuts), Lauramide DEA, Glycol Stearate, Hydropropyl-Methylcellulose (from Trees), Citric Acid (from Fruit), Essential Oils, Grape Seed Extract.

TAHITIAN NONI Treatment Conditioner, Ingredients:
TAHITIAN NONI® juice, Behenalkonium Metosulfate (from Rape Seed), Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (from Locust Bean), Cetearyl Alcohol (from Coconuts), Polysorbate 60, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Essential Oils, Grape Seed Extract.

TAHITIAN NONI Advanced Hair Reconstructor, Ingredients:
TAHITIAN NONI® juice, Stearamidopropyl, Dimethylamine (from Palm Oil and Coconuts), Cetrimonium Chloride (from Salt, Coconuts), Cetearyl Alcohol (from Coconuts), Ceteth-20 (from Coconuts), Glycerin (from Sugar Beets), Glyceryl Stearate (from Sugar Beets and Palm Oil), Niacin (Vitamin B-3), Menthol, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Essential Oils, Grape Seed Extract.

TAHITIAN NONI Recovery Complex, Ingredients:
TAHITIAN NONI® juice, Witch Hazel, Panthenol (Pro-Vitamin B-5), Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Jojoba Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Cystine Amino Acid, Polysorbate 20, Allantoin, Hydrolyzed Silk Protein, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (from Trees), Grape Seed Extract, Essential Oils.

Chipmunk

Your hair looks great!!!

I have some noni juice, but it's a different brand, and it's nasty /images/graemlins/frown.gif , after I'm done w/it I'll try your brand.

hairfanatic

I've got the ingredients to those products as requested by Hairfanatic. I think this is all of the ones I use (see below).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that was fast! /images/graemlins/smile.gif Thank you so much Jamaicanempress for taking the time to type all this information, it is greatly appreciated! /images/graemlins/smile.gif