I'm still cringing at the thought

septemberbaby

of this stylist at my dominican salon today who was ripping :eek: through this girls APL hair with a fine toothed comb after her wash and deep condition. The stylist ripped :eek: through her hair as she was washing out the conditioner and then she ripped :eek: through each section of hair with the same fine toothed comb before putting it on a roller. I was staring so hard at her while she was doing it because she just didn't care. I wanted to say something to the girl in the chair like "do you feel/hear/see her tearing your ends up?" GRRRRRRRRR! I was so mad. :mad: I wanted the stylist to see me shaking my head. She was tearing that girls hair up. I vowed never to let her put her hands in my head. I saw so many things that were just wrong, wrong, wrong!

Kurlee

I've seen that beofre too, and then they wanna be all up in ur kool-aid with the scissors.

Lady Esquire

This happed to me recently. :mad: Then of coarse, she broke out the scissors to chop off the rest. I am nursing my hair back because she thinned it out. I was only visiting stylists just for my relaxers, but my last two relaxers were setbacks. I have revamped my regimen and even plan on returning to self-relaxing.

On the bright side, I have officially made a pact with myself to take full control of my hair. She probably did me a favor, 'cause now I am more serious about this than ever. There is a lesson in every experience...so I have definitely lived and learned. ;)

SkinnyMocah

I was at the salon Thursday watching a couple of other stylists (who will never touch my hair) do some blowouts. Two of them have the most HORRIBLE technique, pulling the roundbrush through a GIANT mob of hair, practically a whole head of hair, over and over and over. My stylist is so gentle my head doesn't move when she uses the roundbrush. These chick's heads were JERKING to the left and to the right depending on which direction was being pulled. OUCH. One of them, I don't even like her to pull my rollers out, she just yanks the clips off of the rollers. It's not like I can't spare a hair but it's just rude to be so rough!

guesswho

I saw that recently when I went to get my hair dyed and this lady didn't even care, I couldn't believe it, I can't understand why they would sit and let this happen to them, and the amount of hair coming out was amazing this chick was starting from the roots and working her way up with a fine tooth comb, omg! I wrote lhcf on my business card to hand it to her when the hairdresser looked away but I chickened out damn I'm mad now!

Mahalialee4

What has me constantly cringing is everytime someone posts about how they sat still and let someone destroy their hair without confronting the stylist and continuing to allow it, go home cry about it and end up with hair that is tore up and ends that are totally jacked up. That is a form of assault man! Hair rape!!!Why are they afraid to speak up? What is the stylist going to do if they say something,...physically assault them? Tell them to leave? Tell them not to come back?...What are the ladies so afraid of? I don't get it! I know ladies read about it all the time but often when it happens to 99% of them, they just take it as well. Why is this happening? or Do these stylists also realize that 99% percent of the ladies will just suck it up and pay for the privilege, repeatedly? Do they deliberately do this to INTIMIDATE their customers. They are either IGNORANT OR deliberately INTIMIDATING. why do we even give them the benefit of the doubt? I think it is a power trip, intimidation, and ignorance all rolled into one BUT THEY WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO A WHITE WOMAN!!@!! They know Becky would not put up with it and she would tell all her friends and they would probably be put out of business!!!and sued!bonjour

septemberbaby

That stylist's comb was full of that girls hair. :mad:

There are six stylists in that shop and I only let ONE touch my head. I don't even let them rollerset me or take them out. Now they all know that I'm waiting for one particular stylist. And she is very gentle. She did my touch up yesterday and she didn't burn me at all. I was very pleased until she asked "you getting a trim?" I said "No." She said "next time?" I said "no". When I paid I said "see you next week", she said "you're going to get a deep conditioner and a trim". I said "we'll see". I came home and I'm still looking at my ends and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them. Why is she so adament about giving me a trim? Doesn't matter, I'm telling her no when I go back. Keep the scissors awayyyyyy!

kellie7777

That is just plain wrong. That happened to me before with the comb thing and i told the stylist to ease off, she started telling me how long she was doing hair and blah blah blah. well the next time i went back no one wanted to do my hair and pass me off to this rookie. so i got up, said nothing and left . i agree with Mihalialee, that is hair rape and the women should be shouting or speaking up. why should we pay for abuse..