I'm Stuck...

ItsMeLilLucky

NotLucky no mo' just blessed.
I have no clue on what to do to my hair. I was going to loc my hair via Braidlocs, but I just have too much bad energy going on right now. I'm taking them down now, but I have a significant amount of new-growth. Here's the conundrum: I was natural for about four years, but my back can't take the effort my natural hair requires and I can't afford to go to a salon on the regular. I'm not a big fan of bone-straight hair on me and I like to see a little curl pattern when wet. To put it plainly: I like the look of natural hair, but I love the ease of chemically-straightened hair. Do I relax it? Keep it natural? Texlax it? Each of them has pros and cons. All I know is that I have until I finish taking down these Bradelocs to make a choice.

/endrant

There's always that risk with a texturizer permanently straightening your hair. Mine is pretty straight in most areas and I am getting used to it. I think it has a lot to do with your original curl pattern too. My 4c hair doesn't have that much curl pattern and when I was speaking to my stylist after the texturizer she was saying that it just happens to some people like that because they lack definition in the first instance. If you have more definition then it will probably be more curlier.

You probably also need to get the hang of straightening your hair yourself though.

Hope you figure something out :)

After some careful thought, I have made up my mind ladies. I will be returning to texlaxing after I remove my Braidlocs. Prettywitty77 has the texture that closely relates to the one I would prefer. So, I'm going to have to a series of strand test which means I'll be cutting sections of hair in different parts of my hair (the things we do for hair growth lmao) Thanks ladies for all of your comments! Good looking out homies (thumps chest delicately twice).

After some careful thought, I have made up my mind ladies. I will be returning to texlaxing after I remove my Braidlocs. Prettywitty77 has the texture that closely relates to the one I would prefer. So, I'm going to have to a series of strand test which means I'll be cutting sections of hair in different parts of my hair (the things we do for hair growth lmao) Thanks ladies for all of your comments! Good looking out homies (thumps chest delicately twice).

I was just about to post that you should either texlax or become a straight-haired natural. Congrats on your decision!! What brand of relaxer will you be using? Are you doing it yourself or going to the hair salon? Post pics!!

I was just about to post that you should either texlax or become a straight-haired natural. Congrats on your decision!! What brand of relaxer will you be using? Are you doing it yourself or going to the hair salon? Post pics!!
Thanks @pelohello! I'm using Vitale Sensitive Scalp (love, love, love this stuff! It's pretty delicate for bleached hair=less damage) I'll be doing it myself and as soon as I take these million Bradelocs down I will definitely post pics!

Back