In dire need of assistance

trinidarkie1

For the last few months since I have been on LHCF I havent really held up to my bargain of doing what's extra special for my hair
My last relaxer and trim was May 30th and I want to keep it that way until August 30th..
Yesterday I used Mayo, Egg yolk and olive oil as a wash and deep condition, then I rinsed with Egg Yolk, baby and olive oil and water as a rinse.. and my hair feels great..

Now I dont know what else to do?
I mean what should my daily hair regimen be?
I have to buy new rollers because I lost my old ones.. and I want to do something regularly to make my hair grow..

I've also asked for someone to help me to set up a site where I can post pics and get a product list started.. but I havent gotten any help *frown*

Anyway.. can you ladies help me? I dont even know what type of hair I have..
It's relaxed now with about a centimeter of new growth if so much
Please fwd me your recipes and hair regimen..
I dont use anything in my hair daily and I want your advice on this..

katie

Hi Trinidarkie!
In terms of a daily regimen there are many moisturisers you can use.I use mainly Profectiv Breakfree on my relaxed hair,Profectiv Roothealth on my new growth and SCurl all over.There are many many more that you ca use though.I only moisturize my hair when it feels dry though,so sometimes that may not be everyday.

I noticed for me,my hair only started showing growth when I cut out all direct heat.I have recently started using flat irons very infrequently.
Also since you are in the US,Surge may be easily available.That really helped me get my growth rate up.I can't wait to start using it again when I am back in school.

Hope that helps!

greAtness333

Your hair probably grows at a reasonable rate. So you may need to concentrate on RETAINING length. Do you have any problems with breakage or shedding? If not, then I'd say you're on your way to growing healthy hair. Like Katie said, Surge works really well.

trinidarkie1

Thanks ladies..
Can I get surge at SALLY's? that's the only real hairstore that's reasonable in my city.. sad huh
I dont use direct heat anymore, might just be a curling iron on low to help if I dont wrap properly.. I normally wrap it and use a silk scarf for sleeping..

Actually my hair doesnt seem to break or shed that much anymore.. but I dont want it to break at all..
I take GNC UltraMEga woman as well.. that stuff makes me pee a flourescent color, lol
I take Evening Primrose oil as well

Cowgirl

It sounds like you are off to a good start. One of the most important things that I have learned since I started this board is the importance of moisture, moisture, moisture. Before joining the board I use to relax every 4 weeks because of the excessive breaking & shedding. This time I was able to extend my relaxer to 8 weeks because I kept my hair moisturized every day.

My routine has become to wash & deep condition once a week. Flat iron once a week after air drying.

Daily - moisturize lightly with my "concoction" (mixture of distilled water, salerm 21, NTM Silk Touch, EVOO, S-Curl). Use NTM serum on ends. Put in loose ponytail, cover with silk scarf and go to be.

Every other night - apply Surge to scalp, followed by S-Curl directly on top of the Surge. Repeat daily process.

UmSumayyah

I mist my hair daily with distilled water, sometimes spraying oil on it afterwards. It helps it stay moisturized and I don't have to undo my hair.

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
HoneyLemonDrop said:
I use Surge and S Curl daily too. But lately Ive been using Rosemary tea mist and S Curl. I seal with an olive oil/sheabutter mixture and then bun it. I mist throughout the day as well. I relax every 16 weeks in which extending this has done wonders for my nape and hairline (actually I dont even relax my nape anymore)... And I like products like Salerm21, and 911(the liquid) which I also use sometimes in place of surge. Hope this helps a little

[/ QUOTE ]

trinidarkie1

WOW! I have a great list to make now

My hair is not very long now, so no chance for a bun, but I can wrap.. that's all
It's short all around, measuring from the center of my head, it's about 4inches all around.. I want my hair to be long again *whimper*