Inappropriate time for a weave check

My daughter and husband were in an accident. They were treated at the scene. The paramedics looked them over and said they had been shaken up but they are okay. Eventually, we went home from the accident and everything seemed fine. The next day we went to church and just as praise and worship was finishing may daughter faints. She falls straight down, parting two rows of chairs as she slams into the floor. Once she hits the floor she starts convulsing. I go straight into “mommy mode” and get down on the floor and start checking her pulse and talking to her to see if she responds. She starts responding about 30 seconds later (seemed like an eternity) and is disoriented. The ushers start throwing prayer cloths over her. I tell them to stop it and help her up off the floor and take her to the door (hospital is 4 minutes away and I didn’t want to wait). Meanwhile I get the car and call my husband. We get to the hospital they start running tests and she starts feeling better.

I then start to process with her what happened. The first thing she tells me is that while she was sitting in the chair waiting for me to drive up. The lady usher was doing a weave check. I was like what? She said “she kept digging her nails in my scalp and dragging then to the back of my head”. I said “she was just trying to comfort you” :rolleyes:. She was like “mom every time she would run her nails down my scalp it would get harder and harder”. I started laughing and told her that her hair was pretty and the lady meant no harm. We're not mad about it but I do think the usher’s actions were inappropriate. It provided a comical break from how serious the incident was.

if i were you, i would let the usher know that you would appreciate it if she would not run her fingers through your daughter's hair. tell her that you don't allow her classmates to do so, and you would rather prefer that only you or a stylist deal with her hair. then walk away.

SHE GOT SOME NERVE!

if i were you, i would let the usher know that you would appreciate it if she would not run her fingers through your daughter's hair. tell her that you don't allow her classmates to do so, and you would rather prefer that only you or a stylist deal with her hair. then walk away.

SHE GOT SOME NERVE!

I'm stunned she even cared. That would be the last thing on my mind.

My daughter and husband were in an accident. They were treated at the scene. The paramedics looked them over and said they had been shaken up but they are okay. Eventually, we went home from the accident and everything seemed fine. The next day we went to church and just as praise and worship was finishing may daughter faints. She falls straight down, parting two rows of chairs as she slams into the floor. Once she hits the floor she starts convulsing. I go straight into “mommy mode” and get down on the floor and start checking her pulse and talking to her to see if she responds. She starts responding about 30 seconds later (seemed like an eternity) and is disoriented. The ushers start throwing prayer cloths over her. I tell them to stop it and help her up off the floor and take her to the door (hospital is 4 minutes away and I didn’t want to wait). Meanwhile I get the car and call my husband. We get to the hospital they start running tests and she starts feeling better.

I then start to process with her what happened. The first thing she tells me is that while she was sitting in the chair waiting for me to drive up. The lady usher was doing a weave check. I was like what? She said “she kept digging her nails in my scalp and dragging then to the back of my head”. I said “she was just trying to comfort you” :rolleyes:. She was like “mom every time she would run her nails down my scalp it would get harder and harder”. I started laughing and told her that her hair was pretty and the lady meant no harm. We're not mad about it but I do think the usher’s actions were inappropriate. It provided a comical break from how serious the incident was.

You are better than I am. That is extremely inappropriate and rude! :flush:

I'm stunned she even cared. That would be the last thing on my mind.

that kind of thing pisses me off. your daughter is a young lady. too many people think that they can disrespect young women simply because they are young. we need to teach them (the young ladies and adults alike) that it is inappropriate for anyone to touch young women in such a manner. i don't care if it is a weave check, a bra check, whatever. don't run your hands over her!

You are better than I am. That is extremely inappropriate and rude! :flush:

MsCounsel I love this smiley :grin:. You and nyvbeauty have given me another prospective on this happening. I had not told anyone else about it because compared to the problem surrounding it, the action seemed small. I'm actually getting a p***** thinking about it.

i hope your daughter feels better soon!

this was obviously an inappropriate time for a weave check, as your daughter was clearly unable to defend herself...how an older person, and representative of the church, could use your daughter's time of vulnerability to do something so TRIFLING as to check her head for tracks is totally out of order :nono:

you should definitely call the usher up and let her know that you don't appreciate how she disrespected your child in her time of need. follow that up with a call to the pastor as well.

Why in the hell would anyone be worried about a weave at a time like that?! What an ignorant donkey!

Why in the hell would anyone be worried about a weave at a time like that?! What an ignorant donkey!

The real question is why in the hell anyone would be worried about a weave period? If someone chooses to weave their hair, what business if that of anyone else? That usher needs to be smacked for getting into your daughter's personal space. And, you need to tell your daughter that it is OK for her to tell an adult to back the hell off when they get into her personal space.:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

that kind of thing pisses me off. your daughter is a young lady. too many people think that they can disrespect young women simply because they are young. we need to teach them (the young ladies and adults alike) that it is inappropriate for anyone to touch young women in such a manner. i don't care if it is a weave check, a bra check, whatever. don't run your hands over her!

Completely agree.

I hope your daughter is ok.

The real question is why in the hell anyone would be worried about a weave period? If someone chooses to weave their hair, what business if that of anyone else? That usher needs to be smacked for getting into your daughter's personal space. And, you need to tell your daughter that it is OK for her to tell an adult to back the hell off when they get into her personal space.:angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

I asked her why she didn't speak up. She said she knew what was happenening but was to tired to say anything. Basically the usher took advantage of her.

i hope your daughter feels better soon!

this was obviously an inappropriate time for a weave check, as your daughter was clearly unable to defend herself...how an older person, and representative of the church, could use your daughter's time of vulnerability to do something so TRIFLING as to check her head for tracks is totally out of order :nono:

you should definitely call the usher up and let her know that you don't appreciate how she disrespected your child in her time of need. follow that up with a call to the pastor as well.

Your absolutely right.

I can't believe people.....I mean, I would have never even thought to do something like that to someone. Weave or not what in the world???

People are a trip sometimes. The poor girl is going to the hospital after fainting and convulsing, and ur tryna check if her hair is real :rolleyes:? Get some self-esteem and class. I'm so upset. U should tell ur daughter what the woman was tryna do, so ur daughter can check anyone who tries to get up in her head again.

I asked her why she didn't speak up. She said she knew what was happenening but was to tired to say anything. Basically the usher took advantage of her.

that's exactly what i thought... that's right up there with touching a child "inappropriately" (hope you get my drift, i don't want to sound vulgar) because they're asleep and won't tell anyone.

i would not trust my child around anyone like that, EVER... you never know what they might do... :nono:

Back