Ionic Hood Dryer- Who's got it?

melodee

Ionic Hood Dryer- Who\'s got it?

Anyone own an Ionic hooded dryer. How well does it perform? Does it(air) get hot at all, or stay cool? How fast does it dry your hair?

ShaylaCheri

Re: Ionic Hood Dryer- Who\'s got it?

I have one. Its the one with the hot pink hooded hat. It gets VERY hot. SO hot I had to cut it off lol. But its a good dryer thus far.

nolechik

FSU Alumni/Grad Student

Hey Melodee...I went to Sally's today to purchase this hair dryer b/c I'm tired of my Gold'n'Hot dryer that's less than a yr. old, but takes about 2.5 to 3 hrs to dry my hair (and it's beyond HOT). I'm retouching my hair tomorrow w/Profectiv relaxer (1st time using) and it will also be my first time using the Ionic Dryer. I'll be sure to post my results for you!

plainj

I also have the one from Sally's with the hot pink hood. It does get very very hot. Can't say that I experienced any "ionic" technology though.

Patrice

I think I have that same one too, but I have the 1875 watt and the first time I used it I was not very impressed but the second time that thing almost scorched my head off,it got very hot in just 10 minutes, so I guess its a keeper.

Lisa

For all of you that got the one from Sally's with the Pink hood I have a question. How do you let the
thing down. And can you adjust i.e. tilt yours?

And to answer the question it's OK if I can figure out how to let it back down.
but I agree with Lea I haven't seen any ionic techonology.

Karonica

I have the one by Hot Tools and I've only used it once for deep conditioning. I used it on the low setting without the ion power. I haven't tried the High setting with ionic power yet.

ShaylaCheri

LOL @ Lisa..girl so many people have problems with opening and closing this thing, that the Sally's here print out separate instructions and hand them to you. The clerk told me so many people bring it back to the store for lessons.

Anywho, let it down by pressing the two bottons on the neck piece towards each other, and press down. It should automatically fold back into place. Make sure you keep pressing the buttons together until it folds down completely.

Xcellence2

I have the pic Ionic one but it seems to take forever to dry ky hair. I cant sit under it on the High cycle

LEOLADYSW

I have a Vidal Sassoon 1875 ionic pistol dryer i use with an attachable/detachable soft bonnet and hose. It gets way beyond hot for me, so I only use it on warm.

simplyhair

I have the Gold n Hot 1600 watt. I originally went to Sally's but they only carry the 1200. They discontinued selling the 1600. This is my second 1600. My first lasted over 5 years. It dropped off the table and broke

I love the Gold n Hot 1600. It has 4 settings from cool to Hot. I use the Hot setting and it literally burns my forehead. My hair is dry in a rollerset within 45 mins to 1 hour.

ShaylaCheri

Does anyone with the pink hooded dryer experience their hood leaning downwards and not upright when in use?

ShaylaCheri

bump

"attempting to bump this because I am about to take this thing back to Sally's".