Is Anyone Still Crazy about...

SmilingElephant

Dominican hair products???

I was in a local CVS the other nite and i saw some and it made me think....i wonder if anybody is still buying them?? Especially on LHCF cuz u know our word is LAW!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Minty

I will still flip out Silicon Mix in a minute if I'm out of something else. Even though Alter Ego is an Italian product line - it is considered "Dominican" because they were the ones who hipped us to the line. I still LOVE Alter Ego, and Rolland (Una) products.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I love miss key 10 en1. Fixes dryness when nothing else is working. Super moisture and it has ceramides too :yep: I also love salerm 21 leave-in :love: it's an italian brand, but is used widely in dom salons.

beans4reezy

Silicon Mix is my go to DC. I also use the leave in. I also have Lacio Lacio, and Alter Ego in my stash as well. I'm still riding with Domincan products :)

HairSupremacy

Never was crazy about Dominican products, but I will stop right there. I don't want to get interested in another product....At least not right now anyway. :grin:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
While Breezing through one of my Local AJ Wright's, on my Lunch Hour I found: La Plancha, Una Bomba and Baba d' Caracoal on the Cheap. $4.99 -$5.99 :ohwell:

So, that kinda got me interested.....:nono:

India*32

I went to a Dominican Salon and I used Silicon mix. My hair is soft, fine, and feels oh so smooth. Its a keeper.

India

Coffee

I'm still using some Dom products, Pratial Revitalizing Cream, mirta de perales DC mask and Capilo's Sole & Cinnamon Conditioner. All work great!!

SmilingElephant

While Breezing through one of my Local AJ Wright's, on my Lunch Hour I found: La Plancha, Una Bomba and Baba d' Caracoal on the Cheap. $4.99 -$5.99 :ohwell:

So, that kinda got me interested.....:nono:

I think this is what i saw at CVS....i remember black bottles and lots of neon colors and spanish words on them:grin:...is this what you saw too??

Anacaona

I just tried Silicon Mix as a DC and it's a thumbs up for me! I DC'd then blow dried and my hair came out soft and light and I LOVE the smell. I have to test it out a few more times but I think it's a keeper!

PEACHEY

since i have found a few dominican products in my local bss, i have found i have began to want to incoporate them in my regimine more.

silicone mix, there is nothing else like it. have any of you tried the silicon mix protein treatment. I think i am going to give this a try the next time i relax.

Beaute Noire

yup...Lacio Lacio, Miss Keys and Silicon Mix (I have both but prefer the one with pearl) are heavy in my rotations...and I love me some Dominican Cellophanes :)

Americka

I love La Plancha and Baba de Caracol. I also love my Brazilian product - Skala! Like T, I would also like to incorporate more Brazilian and Dominican products.

Solitude

This is so funny. I just did a Dominican product haul last month and I'm already over the products....I don't know, it's like they don't do as much for me at they did before. Silicon Mix Leave-In and DC are still two awesome faves. The other stuff I ordered is eh :ohwell:.

So...yeah, I'm thinking about selling my Alter Ego Hot Oil Garlic Treatment, Baba de Carocol Crema de Peinar, Silicon Mix "Moisturizing" Shampoo, Lacio Lacio, and Miss Keys 10 en 1 Shampoo. Or I might let them sit in my hair closet and revisit them.

Alter Ego used to be THE TRUTH from hair, and now it does nothing...weird.

Last edited:

NIN4eva

This is so funny. I just did a Dominican product haul last month and I'm already over the products....I don't know, it's like they don't do as much for me at they did before. Silicon Mix Leave-In and DC are still two awesome faves. The other stuff I ordered is eh :ohwell:.

So...yeah, I'm thinking about selling my Alter Ego Hot Oil Garlic Treatment, Baba de Carocol Crema de Peinar, Silicon Mix "Moisturizing" Shampoo, Lacio Lacio, and Miss Keys 10 en 1 Shampoo. Or I might let them sit in my hair closet and revisit them.

Alter Ego used to be THE TRUTH from hair, and now it does nothing...weird.

Have you clarified lately? Sometimes that's all you need to get old products working again.

I just ordered some Silicon Mix and I can't wait to use it.

asubeauty

yup...Lacio Lacio, Miss Keys and Silicon Mix (I have both but prefer the one with pearl) are heavy in my rotations...and I love me some Dominican Cellophanes :)

This is exactly what I use. :yep: Lacio Lacio, Miss Key 10 en 1, and any kind of Silicon Mix (reg, proteina de pearla, whatever) are my staples. I have a 56 oz jar of Silicon Mix Proteina de Pearla. :yep:

Tafa01

I use Baba de Caracol, La Bomba (not super fond of this one) and Lacio Lacio.

Last edited:

leigh.hill

Is this the lacio lacio everyone's talking about...I found it on amazon.com

Star Lacio Lacio High Shine Leave in Hair Conditioner 7oz.

hairdrama:{

lacio lacio, la plancha and silicon mix are my staples……..there’s no “good hair day” for me without these, regardless of the state of my hair....:yep:

janeemat

Absolutely! I still use my Dominican products weekly. A rollerset is not a rollerset without Lacio Lacio.