Is it me or is Elasta QP Mango Butter Addictive?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
The beautiful creamy color, the smell, the feel of it in my hands, and the feel or it sliding onto my hair. I can't wait to get home everyday and put some in my hair. It's like those Herbal Essence Commercials where the ladies are acting all...we'll say 'excited' {{SHIVERS}}

BTW, I find that the Mango Butter works better on slightly damp hair so I've been spraying in a little Pantene Leave-In before applying it.

Armyqt

Sounds like a steamy love affair, Supergirl
Buy yes I really enjoy the scent of the mango butter

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The beautiful creamy color, the smell, the feel of it in my hands, and the feel or it sliding onto my hair. I can't wait to get home everyday and put some in my hair. It's like those Herbal Essence Commercials where the ladies are acting all...we'll say 'excited' {{SHIVERS}}

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!! Supergirl, you've got it bad!!

iris

I add olive oil to mine and the consistency becomes even more smoother and moisturizing for me

Kiadodie

lexi_24 said:
What difference have you noticed on slightly damp hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

For me, I noticed when I put it in my hair when it's damp it soaks it up even more and turns out super soft when it dries..this stuff is great

LondonDiva

OK I'M SOLD, I'M TRYING MY MANGO BUTTER TONIGHT!!

I'M SHOUTING CAUSE I'M EXCITED LIKE ANY NORMAL CRACK....UH I MEAN PRODUCT JUNKIE

patticake

that's it! i'm taking an early lunch and heading to the beauty supply store up the street!
and i just got paid too!
i'm unstoppable!

carrie

Re: Is it me or is Elasta QP Mango Butter Addictiv

OK Where did ya'll get it from? Can I get it at either Sally's or ULTA (I work near both aand can get it at lunch) I was doing sooooo good trying to control myself, then LD started raving about the Profective Root...I bough that and its all downhill now!

Country gal

I was not that impressed with the Mango QP Butter when I first got it. However I do agree with Kia that it works great when my hair is damp versus when it is dry. I like to wear my hair in wet sets and it tends to loosen the curl to much when my hair is dry. I use it on my son's hair a lot. So I probably will buy it again. I do love the scent.

beana3

i'll purchase it again just based on scent alone! it's not a consistent product for me.. some days it works wonders and others it just sits there. Its a nice product

patticake

*carrie*
after searching left and right i finally found some at my local walgreens!
i live in a predominately white suburb so i can find most black hair products at drugstores where their always in full stock.

lexi_24

Kia and Supergirl...Thanks for letting me know how the Mango butter works on wet/damp hair. I will definitely give it a try.

lexi_24

Carrie-
You can get it at any store the sells Elasta QP products. It is weird though I got mine at a Walmart which only sold 2 Elasta QP products.Then I went to a neighboring Sally's which was 1 block away, they had more Elasta QP products but no Mango butter. So it seems kind of a hit or miss...depending on if the store chooses to stock that product.

So if you have time, I would check both stores.

caress

Carrie, know where you can get it? At Hair Town at Cedarbrook Plaza. They have most of if not all of the Elasta QP line as well as a host of other products that I've never seen before.

butterscotch

I had to stop myself from using that stuff because it smelled so good, I just wanted to eat it

I was addicted to Elasta QP products for awhile, but now I only stick to two: the Glaze and the Super Gro.

Faith

I got mine from Adrienne last night and I couldn't stop smelling my fingers. Yummmm! Very edible...VERY
I used some on my hairline and it felt very nice. I can't wait to try it on my whole head.

carrie

Thanks guys. I can hit Walgreens on the way to the gym, if not there, then I'll be taking Caress's advice!

daviine

I find that all of the moisturizers I have work better on my damp hair. They really don't do much for me on dry hair. Go figure.

sweetcocoa

iris said:
I add olive oil to mine and the consistency becomes even more smoother and moisturizing for me

[/ QUOTE ]
Did someone say olive oil...

I love this on dry hair at night...but mixing olive oil in stuff is right up my alley....
Thanks!

iris

SweetCocoa and Marabou adding the olive oil makes all the difference in the world! I added about 5 teaspoons, and it seemed to make the mango butter much betterto me
The biggest difference is that it is super moisturizing. It won't make the hair limp, it makes it feel like silk or satin in my opinion. My hair is extremely soft now.

carrie

Well I got some! Caress, I got it from the Walgreens on Braod and Hunting Park Ave. I'll be trying it in a few. Lt you all know how I like it.

Ennyaa

OK... you guys got me. I went and bought some after work at my friendly Korean beauty supply and I have to admit... It smells WONDERFUL!! (and I have a cold and can harldy smell anything.) It also felt good going on my hair. We'll see how I feel about it tomorrow.

LondonDiva

I think I'm going to have to try this Iris
I tried it last night and was not impressed, (a little like the ORS Carrot Oil until I added 10 drops of WGO to it) Rather than give it away I will add some oil to it to soften the consistency. I was none too pleased with the smell either. It smelt like it had 'gone off' I'll have to smell the others in the shop when I'm there next time

iris

. I was none too pleased with the smell either. It smelt like it had 'gone off' I'll have to smell the others in the shop when I'm there next time

[/ QUOTE ]

My friends say it smells like medicine. The one thing that I do notice, is if you add olive oil or your favorite conditioning agent to any product, it makes the product perform even better imho.