Is it ok to do a light protein 2 times a week?

My hair is constantly in need of a balance between protein and moisture otherwise I start to get little strands breaking off. I remember from Sister Slick's hair breakage 101 that you should try to feel what your hair needs in terms of moisture and protein in order to keep the balance. I was thinking of doing a protein twice a week or so (with ORS replenishing pack) would keep the balance in my hair. I do co washes everyday anyway.

Does anyone else use protein often? Is this recommended? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

poookie

why wouldn't this be okay? it's a light protein! you'll be fine!

i use protein... a lot. i use nexxus keraphix 1x a week; ORS replenishing 1x a week, some more protein more often than that...

and my hair is fine.

Mrs. Verde

I think you know your hair best. I think it would fine. At one of the times you use protein, I would follow up with a deep conditioner. Protein is a funny thing. Some people need a lot and other's don't. Just make sure you pay attention and look for signs of protein overload.

ajacks

I think it would be fine, but you know your hair. I'm sure this varies from person to person.

Thanks for the advice ladies!!

I will definately look out for the signs of protein overload. Can I still do a strong protein at the end of the month?