Is it okay to Cowash before a Protein Treatment?

Cali*Rocks

I want to do a hardcore protein treatment tonight but I don't want to wash as per the directions :perplexedIs that okay or do I have to wash in order to get the full affects? BTW I am using Aphogee 2 step protein treatment..

gymfreak336

I would just wash it. If you cowash, you are still getting in the shower and getting it wet. Whats another minute to lather up?

You need clean hair to maximize the benefits of the treatment.

Cali*Rocks

I would just wash it. If you cowash, you are still getting in the shower and getting it wet. Whats another minute to lather up?

You need clean hair to maximize the benefits of the treatment.

Thank You for your response!! But is it okay to just cowash because after washing with shampoo my hair dries out something terrible.

Last edited:

Ganjababy

Unless I am putting the treatment on dry clean hair that was washed a couple days previously, I always co-wash before doing protein or moisturising DCs as I hardly use shampoos so the answer is yes- and I still get great results too

Cali*Rocks

Unless I am putting the treatment on dry clean hair that was washed a couple days previously, I always co-wash before doing protein or moisturising DCs as I hardly use shampoos so the answer is yes- and I still get great results too
Thank you!!

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
These are the steps you should do if ur going to do a hardcore proein treatment:

-Pre-poo with a oil, or moisturizing DC
-Clarify shampoo
-Hardcore protein
-Moisturizing shampoo
-Moisturizing DC

or

pre-poo
hardcore protein
co-wash
moisturizing DC