Is it OKAY to FLATIRON DAMP hair???

healthyhair2

Okay , at the risk of sounding stupid -is it fine to do this? I do not want to damage my hair. I just relaxed again but, my ends are a little crinkly when my hair is damp. I didn't want the stylist to cut off another 2 inches of my hair so ,my ends are a little frizzy. I shampooed and deep conditioned --I even pretreated my hair with oil before shampooing.
So basically I deep conditioned TWICE under the heat cap for 45 minutes each time. After my final rinse I sprited on a leave-in conditioner ,then mixed UBH Lotion Creme with S2S Daily Oil Moisturizer. I applied these two moisturizers THROUGHOUT ALL my hair-ends included. THEN, I applied a mixture of Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine with the Hair Nourishing Serum concentrating on my ends. Now my hair is still a little damp,but I want it smooth for tomorrow. I don't want to sleep with damp hair-it will tangle. I need tips on what to do with my hair on wash day , so that I can retain maximum moisture and length. This is a complete change from taking care of my curls--then I would have just put my hair in plaits and called it a day. Now, I feel like I'm starting at square one again. I don't have rollers yet...Help I want my hair to be smooth!! I need advice.

There are quite a few threads on this topic, the opinions seem to be mixed. In my experience as long as the hair is 90-95% dry, you use a heat protectant and test a small section to see how your hair reacts. I used a slightly lower heat setting than I would use on dry hair. I have done this once, when I was short on time and couldn't do a roller set, I used VS so sexy hair products and I had excellent result, couldn't keep my hands out of my hair, it was so silky and straight.

Back