Is It Possible for Your Hair Type to Change?

TeeDee66

I'm just asking the question to see if my viewpoint on hair types has changed or whether my hair has changed types. I have 4A type hair and it's relaxed. Recently, I've noticed that I'm seeing 3c spiral curls in my hair when I'm close to getting a relaxer. Especially in back of my head. I would think that the kinks would show more, but nope my ends are spiraling and it's not due to using product.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this? I'm getting older (post 40) and I often heard that sometimes your hair can revert to when it was at childhood as you get older. Any comments...anyone?:perplexed

ms.blue

I think that hair textures changes over time but you will get more responses if you move this to the hair forum

Ishraq

yeah i thinks so.
my sister in low she's half whight( whight father) when she was kid she had a stright hair but when she reached the high school her hair was changed to curly until now. now she 's about 23 years old.

song_of_serenity

The ends of your hair are spiraling? Your relaxed hair?
Yes, hair texture can (and often does) go through changes over the course of our lives. :)

I'm not sure about relaxed ends though. And if you meant your roots, they can appear different due to the weight of the already relaxed hair changing it a bit.

aquajoyice

I think the only way to tell your natural texture is to get rid of your relaxed hair. Then you can see from root to tip what your texture really is.