Is it possible to overcondition?

afiya27

Hello,

I'm considering the following weekly 4b hair-washing routine:

1) Hot Oil Treatment (10 minutes)
2) Section Hair
3) Wash hair in water-diluted shampoo
4) Rinse Thoroughly
5) Condition with standard 3 minute conditioner (in shower)
6) Rinse Thoroughly
7) Deep Condition (15-30 minutes)
8) Rinse Thoroughly
9) Leave in Conditioner
10) Dry
11) Moisturize
12) Style

Will all of these conditioners adversely affect the softness of my hair? What do you all think? Too much buildup?

Thanks.

*Michelle*

Over conditioned hair: Over moisturized is like wet cotton...too soft, mushy and limp/lifeless. Too much protien: hard, snaps, ironically it can feel dry.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Hello,

2) Section Hair
4) Rinse Thoroughly
6) Rinse Thoroughly
8) Rinse Thoroughly
9) Leave in Conditioner
10) Dry
11) Moisturize
12) Style

Will all of these conditioners adversely affect the softness of my hair? What do you all think? Too much buildup?

Thanks.

Num. 5 can be omitted, because it's not really necessary IMO

loolalooh

I also agree with Sassy.

Also, depending on your hair you may not need frequent hot oil treatments and a leave-in conditioner. Deep conditioning and moisturizing may be sufficient. See what works for your hair though.

keysha1983

Hello,

2) Section Hair
4) Rinse Thoroughly
6) Rinse Thoroughly
8) Rinse Thoroughly
9) Leave in Conditioner
10) Dry
11) Moisturize
12) Style

Thanks.
I pre-poo with Lustrasilk shea butter conditioner on dry hair. Than I wash with Aphogee. Than I use the 2 minute reconstructor. Than I mix Lustasilk with Aphogee moisturizer as my deep conditioners. I have yet to start sealing with oils yet though. Its weird but my hair turns out fine.

chebaby

i deep condition overnight 2-3 times a week and have never had over conditioned hair. my hair is fine and not thirsty type of hair.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
You didn't say "what kind" of products you are using for all of these steps? It sounds like you are using the Hot Oil Treatment as a Pre-Poo? Depending on what products you are using, throughout the Regimen you listed, you could be creating buildup especially if those products contain alot of "cones".

Therefore, I would skip #5 & #6 and Clarify/Chelate on a monthly basis to rid your hair of buildup.

LaidBak

I have fine, relaxed hair that is probably 4b/c/z (whatever)! Your reggie looks close to mine. I overnight oil pre poo, shampoo, deep condition for 20-30, then follow that with a 2 minute dose of Porosity control mixed with Kenra. I follow that with two liquid leave ins and a creamy leave in. I'm not over conditioned in the least bit. In fact, my hair has come back to life! But listen to your hair. Do your reggie for a month then Use Pixel Lady's description to gauge how your hair feels and tweak your reggie accordingly.

lonelysky

Baby Chick Gate 2011
I think that you will need to clarify/chelate and you may need to throw a protien treatment in there every other week or as your hair dictates.