Is Jada Pinkett's hair weaved?

LondonDiva

Re: Is Jada Pinkett\'s hair weaved?

I personally don't believe she is no. She may have pieces added in but I believe her hair is very long now naturally.

pebbles

My goodness, she is really beautiful. She was gorgeous with short hair too.

ms_kenesha

LD,

Those new Jada Pinkett pictures are gorgeous! I've always thought her hair was pretty esp. when she was on A Different World!
I also believe her natural hair is quite long now.

leejure

Ms_Kenesha you are too cute. Why do I always find myslef clicking on your photo album for the upteenieth time?!

I love the 'unbreakable' part! Too cute girl!

-lee

oh and regarding jada...her hair is very pretty!

ms_kenesha

Thanks Lee,

That's so nice to hear coming from you!!! I am so excited to post my newer pictures I have 3 more pics to take before I can get them developed
I'm gonna start taking pics of anything!! I think I'll get them developed tomorrow.

ngaa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
ms_kenesha said:
Those new Jada Pinkett pictures are gorgeous! I've always thought her hair was pretty
I also believe her natural hair is quite long now.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is so true and is suited by long and short hair coz i remember seein her wit short hair and thinkin she shud alwayz keep it that length but seeing LD'S new pics now i dont kno what to say

mirrormirror

Wow.......if that is Jada's hair in Londondiva posts, it grew extremely fast. She resembles Aaliyah in those photos.

LondonDiva

To tell you the truth her hair didn't grow as fast as we imagine. I made a thread some time ago, but the pics have gone
now and it charts her hair growth in pictures from 1999 -2003. Plus when she was pregnant with Willow she was one the cover of Sister2Sister and her hair was past shoulder length relaxed. that was 2 years ago now. I'd say her hair may 4-6 inche a year (just a guess from looking) In the movie bamboozled she had a decent length of hair going on there too. And I remember first seeing her without the short cut at the London Premiere of Wild Wild West with the cutest afro puffs.
I think her natural pattern is curly. jada has had long hair before (pre a Different World days)but I myself even forget this, in the movie the Inkwell with Larenz Tate. Sometimes I wonder if sistah girl is one of the 700 members of the board.

In all truth, I think it's a LOT harder to believe with celebrities these days (black ones) if it's all their hair because so many opt for the option of wearing a weave, so it's not surprising to question Jada's real hair length
We as regular people are going to hear the same ish about ours when it get real long, because many black women (non celebrity) have worn or wear some kind of hair extension to make their hair appear longer.

BTW If you can't tell already I'm a huge Jada fan. I love her to death

LondonDiva

I found a few bigger ones I got from

April 1999 London Wild Wild West Premiere

July 2001

June 2002

LondonDiva

You're welcome. I could look at jada's hair all day like
WHOA! I would love to know what she uses in her hair.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician

Personally, I think it's a weave. Real hair and weaved hair have a certain ... look ... (Don't get me wrong; weaved hair is literally someone's real hair, but..) There is a difference between the lift of Catherine Zeta-Jones's hair and Jada Pinkett's hair.

I dunno, gals. It just looks like a weave to me. Which is fine.

sweetcocoa

I think it's her hair....especially the 2nd pic. My hair looks like that(less about 4 inces). I wear it back right now...but I plan on wearing it down when I get 4 more inches(or less shrinkage). her hair was also long in the 'Inkwell'...the scene after she got out the water and her hair dried look very real. Either way, if it is a weave she is rockin it... I say you go Jada!

caralexis2005

Jada's hair has grown alot but it is a weave. One of my friends works for honey mag and she said that the same stylist that does Jada does work for the mag. He is famous for Mary J. Blige's weaves (Family Affair video) which are seamless although the color and cut are sometimes silly. But he does Jada's too which is a weave but more realistic looking. His name is Tre Major and his website is tremajor.com - I think.
hth
caralexis

Sindeee

I just checked that site out and WOW
it's really nice. BUT can you imagine what his prices are?

Sindeee

Drea84

Sooo he's the one who blesses these girls with there air tight weaves! The ones that dont embarass you on a windy day!

Drea84

ms_kenesha

Thanks Brownie!
Our very own Adrienne (queen of the ponytail
) got me that ponytail and it looks natural in the back as well. My man says that when I wear it he needs to be in the bushes following me because I get so much attention!

ms_kenesha

Tre Major looks like Prince...excuse me <font color="purple"> The Artist</font>. Carlexis is Tre "howudoin"?

Allandra

ms_kenesha said:
is Tre "howudoin"?

[/ QUOTE ]

lshevonne

LD, ok I've been reading all the replys and I do think most of it is hers. Hey, she's my favorite as well so I really don't care. I do know that it looks GREAT!

Paris Belle

I second that.

She probably is wearing a weave, but her real hair is probably that length or close to it by now underneath. Many stars wear weaves to protect their own hair. I know I would..

LuvableLady

I have no ideal if its a weave or not. Either way, it looks darn good in those pics Londondiva has there.

I watched set it off the other night, (older movie) with her and queen latifa (sp?) the movie was good. Anyway, she wore braids and by the end of the movie she had her head shaved and I mean really low. This was back in 1996 so it grew a bunch since then.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"

LD,

Someone posted progressive pics of her hair growing through the years. I'm w/ you. I think it's all hers. I don't know what her hair type is, but it's always looked real curly when cut short, so she may have a mild relaxer or did some straightening to get it that flat.

LondonDiva

Laela it was me that posted the progressive pics. But they aren't there anymore when I searched and found the thread. I don't think I have the energy to find and post them again, that's why I put those ones up instead.

Honey Vibe

The Good Physician

Drea84 said:
Sooo he's the one who blesses these girls with there air tight weaves! The ones that dont embarass you on a windy day!

Drea84

[/ QUOTE ]