What can I do when my hair is weaved....

kim1love

What can I do when my hair is weaved to keep it growing and healthy. I had my weave for about 12 weeks No relaxer since March. I took it out to give my hair a break but it doesn't look too hot to me. I was expecting it to be fuller. What treatments should I used while my hair is weaved to help it grow. She also used a little comb to comb my hair out. Could that be why it looks so thin.

auntybe

Kim:

I used to use Hask Placenta Spray leave-in mixed with S-curl on the braid tracks. I also used Sulfur 8 on the parts. My hair was so thick that I had to buy 3 packs of hair instead of 2 to cover everything. I also used a spray detangler(PCJ, Jamacian Dream or Ouidad Botanical Boost) and large tooth comb when ever I took my weave out. I also washed my weave and deep conditioned with Nexxus Humctress. I took these to my stylist too-when I went to get my tracks tightened.

HTH
Auntybe

Cowgirl

Kim,

I have not worn weave before only my phony ponies, but I guess it would depend on how the weave was attached (glue, sewn in etc.), as to what you could put on your hair and not cause the tracks to slip. The main thing is to keep it moisturized, especially the new growth. There are plenty of threads on different moisturizers, so try a search on that.

Also, I would think the little comb is a big no, no.